Search results

1. Help me Choosing tires...

Michelin Pilot Sport 4s are 19" only , OP states he needs 18" I recommend Pilot Sport 4 but if too expensive then the Contisportcontact 5
  2. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I've got a brand new rear light for an ST, its the LED version which has a standard bulb for indicator. I bought it as a replacement for a steamed up one on my Leon ST. However I never fitted it as I traded the car in. It is still in it's box, only opened to take the pics below, open to offers...
  3. Two questions.

I had to replace my key battery recently. Original was a CR2025 and I fitted a CR2032 which is slightly thicker but plenty of space in the fob for it. Should last a bit longer but traded the car in the following day so hope its new owner gets years of service from the key battery.
  4. Installing Fan washers

Ive got a set of genuine VW heated fan washer jets for sale if anyone is interested. Took them off my Leon before I traded it in last week.
  5. New wheels - ideas?

My wheels are now for sale PM me for info and more details
  6. Well it's goodbye from me........

I'm leaving the Seat brand too, picking up my new RS3 tomorrow :)
  7. Esso Supreme 97 experience

I've not tried the petrol versions of these premium fuels as I currently run a diesel. I have tried all the diesel versions and found that Esso Supreme worked best in my car. Every car will react differently to different fuels, especially as the changes are so small and down to interpretation...
  8. Euro 5 or Euro 6

My June 2015 reg FR 184 is Euro 5 and is subject to ULEZ
  9. New wheels - ideas?

Looking for £450 , one wheel has a slight mark to the paint where my 4yr old knocked it over. All 4 wheels have been Gtechniq C5 from new with a top up each time the wheels come off for summer set to go on. Will get some more pics soon if required. Courier would be tricky, where are you based ?
  10. New wheels - ideas?

I am thinking of selling my 18" winter wheels and tyres if you are interested. Only done 2 winters and in good condition, Pirelli SottoZero3 tyres 225/40R18 on Dezent wheels
  11. Oil Filter Tool

Sadly I dont think there is much free technical info. I paid for an hour (about €8 I think) and downloaded almost everything I will ever need. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  12. Oil Filter Tool

Did you buy some timed access ? Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  13. Oil Filter Tool

All the info you need is available on Seat erWin https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showHome.do
  14. Fuel filter on 2.0 TDi FR 184 2014

Haha. You judge me and my work without knowing anything about my background.
  15. Fuel filter on 2.0 TDi FR 184 2014

High pressure pump wont be run dry from a filter change. It will only run dry if the pump is replaced etc. So you really don't need to use VCDS / VagCom to run the supply pump, a few key cycles like I said is fine. I've been working on CR systems for many years now and it takes quite a bit...
  16. Fuel filter on 2.0 TDi FR 184 2014

Don't need to use vag-com/VCDS, just key on, wait 30s, key off, repeat a few times then start and idle for a few mins. I changed mine a while ago and it all worked fine.
  17. which of these tyres would your money go on?

I recommend Michelin Pilot Sport 4 , I have a set on my Leon in 225/40R18 size and the grip is fantastic. I also don't drive anywhere near the car's limit but the Pilot Sport 4 give so much grip and therefore confidence compared to the Bridgestones my car came with. The Pilot Sport 4s...
  18. Leon FR, 10k budget (Deposit left)

Trading in my 2015 Leon 184 ST Titanium + Tech pack with 30k miles soon, new Seat discs and pads all round in July and oil changed at least every 10k. 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres in Feb. Happily take £11.5k for it on the day I get my new car. Here she is
  19. Air Filter and Service Plan

Seat service schedules available here https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showHome.do There is a great document on there called D3E804FD4C3-Maintenance and it lists everything needed for Seat Leon servicing. I would share it but its not mine to share and I had to pay to access it Here is what it...
  20. Leon mk3 (65) 184bp - discs and pads recommendation

Best to keep everything OE when car is in warranty imo, after all the parts the brake discs are fitted too are in the warranty and I've had wheel bearing problems already. Don't want to give any reason to reject any future claim. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk