Search results

1. Parking sensors (aftermarket?)

Unfortunately I was bought the camera and screen as a present, had no say in it, and it was so simple to fit as the kit. I did not want to try extracting the Infotainment system.
  2. Parking sensors (aftermarket?)

I have a Boscam rear view camera fitted, with a separate 4.3 screen suckered to the windscreen. So much better than parking sensors bleeping.
  3. Service Costs - another additional cost

Well pleased with Fife Seat, just completed my service and mot on 64 plate. No extra charges, even delayed the cambelt an d water pump change to next service due to low mileage. Also reduced price mot.
  4. Power to feed reversing camera.

Thanks Stepdey for your two very useful last posts, now feeling very much more confident to attempt this, given a day of acceptable weather.
  5. Power to feed reversing camera.

Stepdey, they are absolutely great instructions and should be considerable help. I will certainly be printing them off and give it a try when I am likely to get a day free of rain.
  6. Power to feed reversing camera.

That fine Red, with you on that, no lighter in the back of the five door saloon, well at least my basic model. Thanks for your help.
  7. Power to feed reversing camera.

Thanks again Mr Pig, that is initially what I was looking for, but realised the reversing lights were in the hatch door and difficult to get at, so wondering where was easier to get the relevant switched power. Thought Red ment the reverse switched 12v was available at the socket with other...
  8. Power to feed reversing camera.

Thanks Red and Vinny, you have now given me some ideas to look at. Knowing where the wiring looms run is half the battle. Thought they may be up in the roof lining somewhere. Knowing they are behind the rear arch helps. Would this be offside? Hopefully I can find the wiring colour code. As...
  9. Power to feed reversing camera.

Thanks once again for your help. Although I am a retired electronics engineer, over 15 years retired, there is something about car wiring that frightens me. I am dreading trying to remove panels to find the wiring loom, but get a good sunny day in the New Year and I may give it a try. If all...
  10. Power to feed reversing camera.

Thanks Mr Pig. That is what I was afraid of, the reversing lights being in the opening tailgate, and the camera being a number plate mount down on the bumper. Was kind of hoping there would be a reversing light pickup point in the bodywork light cluster, even though that is not where the...
  11. Power to feed reversing camera.

Can I pick up easily a 12v feed when reverse is selected anywhere near the rear number plate, on a 64 plate Mk3? Been given a camera for Christmas.
  12. Keyfob stopped working after battery change!!

Before a trip to the stealers I would definitely repeat the process, take the battery out, check contact areas and reinsert.
  13. Teardrop wipe query

We live and learn, even at 80 years old. Wondered why mine sometimes missed the extra wipe. Now at 80 years old, will I remember?
  14. Speeding Letter

If it is a fuzzy picture, could be a miss read of the VRN . Reply with your details and attatch a letter explaining you were milesaway at that time and would they check if it is a miss read. Failure to give the drivers details at that time could mean a failure to provide conviction 6 points...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.