Search results

1. Chosen a Cupra 300 over a BMW M240i

The "vastly" is the correct word I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles in every BMW you can name over the last 20 years, it's my job. It's way more economical than a 235i just look at how the price of 235i's have lowered lately. You won't get much over 19-22 out of a 235i around town even...
  2. Chosen a Cupra 300 over a BMW M240i

Just to clear up any confusion a 240i and a 235i are totally different engines you can't compare the two. 240i is the new modular design with vastly improved economy
  3. Chosen a Cupra 300 over a BMW M240i

It's complete nonsense to suggest the Cupra is quicker around corners and roundabouts, unless you travel to work at 3am in the morning and the raids are clear then it doesn't matter what car you are driving you can only go as fast as the car in front
  4. Chosen a Cupra 300 over a BMW M240i

In all seriousness you must be insane, the 240i engine is so sweet and the car handles so well. On a run going steady you will see a true 35-38 mpg with the auto box. It's better screwed together and a nicer a far nicer ride.
  5. Cupra 290BE Bucket seat white trim cracked!

Mine is just the same and has ripped out of the seat til handle at the top of the seat. No chance of getting it fixed in that spot I just traded the car in it such low quality
  6. Bye bye Cupra

Had to let go of my 2014 Cupra 280, fast car but low quality always going back to the dealer for stupid things. I couldn't put up with all the weird creaking noises and knocks and rattles anymore. Good luck to anyone buying one now as after the cars first birthday they deteriorate rapidly.
  7. Cupra 280 knocking noise

I meant pads not discs, what a tard!
  8. Cupra 280 knocking noise

Finally got to the bottom of the metallic rattling noise over broken roads and drain covers that was driving me insane! Dealer found the problem to be the front brake discs were not seated correctly and the spring was loose holding them in. Driven the car for over a week and no noise...
  9. Cupra 280 knocking noise

I think I may have found the cause of the problem, nothing to do with the suspension, but looking under the bonnet to the right of the battery there is something black I don't know what it is but if I bang it with my fist it makes the same noise as I get when driving. Tried to stuff some rags...
  10. Cupra 280 knocking noise

Not quite the same noise, it's more like a vibrating bar or two metallic parts banging together. Had wheel bearings changed to they thought it could be that. A google search came up with the idea that the platform the car is built on has problems with subframe bolts, I'm no mechanically...
  11. Cupra 280 knocking noise

My Cupra 280 dsg is developing banging noises from the near side front suspension area. Happens on broken roads and drain covers, had the suspension replaced under warranty but has made no difference. It's driving me mad they can't fix it, has this happened to any other owners or will I...
  12. OBDeleven modifications

Thanks I have those options on my car I will try it.
  13. OBDeleven modifications

A stupid question, is the camera on the front you refer to the sensor for the active cruise control and lane departure?
  14. OBDeleven modifications

Thanks got the 5 flashes now
  15. OBDeleven modifications

If they fold in on locking they should unfold unlocking
  16. OBDeleven modifications

I managed to revert them back to original wasn't to difficult, but thanks anyway. One thing I can't get to work but I would like to is the 5 flash indicators to replace the 3. It only gives me a value of 0-3 and accepts me putting in a 5 but it doesn't work
  17. OBDeleven modifications

I have the pro version so don't need the credits, I just want to know how to restore to original as I tried to code something and it didn't work but don't know how so rather than play around making more mistakes I'd like some help to do it.
  18. OBDeleven modifications

Restore LED lights to original Hi, can anyone give me the the settings for restoring the drls to original setting. Thanks
  19. OBDeleven modifications

It is very easy to install android app stores onto a amazon fire tablet, wont take you more than 5 mins and will not effect the warranty on the tablet.
  20. Tyres and squeaks

Another problem that causes apparent creaking is if you have leather seats, the side bolsters with the pressure of your leg rub the plastic sides. the remedy for this is stick some stick on velcro tape (soft side) onto the plastic and the bolster doesnt rub the plastic and you dont even notice it