Search results

1. Cupra - Deciding on gearbox

I believe the DSG is 0.1 seconds quicker to 60 than the manual (as Seat website suggests) I have also read a couple of articles about the downshift being laggy on the DSG - will try and find them again over the weekend. Personally, I think it is a matter of personal preference and as long as...
  2. Cupra - Deciding on gearbox

I drove both and went for the manual version myself, but it is personal preference and people will normally side with the option they have chosen, so just buy the one you enjoy and be happy.
  3. Mpg of Cupra 280/290 dsg

There looks to be some good deals on here and there on 15/65 plate cars with sub 10k miles. If you could find a 280 with the same/similar spec personally I would save 10k and grab one. That's up to 10k to spend on the next car you have. The list price on my 65 plate was just shy of £30,000...
  4. Mpg of Cupra 280/290 dsg

If it helps, I have a 280 manual. I do a lot of short journeys, my office is only 6 miles away from the house! On average I get between 300 and 320 miles from a tank of V Power. Yesterday I completed a 200 mile round trip along the M42 and M1. On the way there I sat at 65 - 75 in Eco mode...
  5. cupra 290 wheel pics / suggestions

I felt exactly the same, wanted the standard wheels rather than the upgraded ones, but was not going to wait 26 weeks for them. I had only seen pictures on the net and thought they looked, well, pants to be honest, but ordered the car with them as it was a lot faster to turn around. I have...
  6. Decent dyno in and around Birmingham

Hi folks, looking to get the car on the rollers to see what power its putting out as standard. Not looking to chip it or mod it in anyway, just want a power run. Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent dyno around Birmingham? Cheers
  7. 280/90 insurance

In my experience this increases premiums. Not sure on house rules, but anyone being given sky high quotes should also try the likes of CK and AF for some cover. I have used them previously for my old modified cars and found them to be really good. My aim at renewal (Feb) will be to...
  8. 280/90 insurance

Mine is with privilege car insurance. Fully comp, £375 excess, protected no claims (14 yrs), age 33. Married, two kids, wife has 3 points and wrote neighbours car off, SDPC + business use for us both. Has the optional legal, car and windscreen = £475.
  9. cupra 280 fuel

I ran my first tank on 95 as it was all I could get at the time, did some 330 odd miles. This tank I have used V Power, only 80 miles in and not had the chance to plant my foot yet due to being ill and the bad weather.
  10. 280 owners. Getting the power down?

Mine came with the Continental Contisportcontact 5p tyres on. I have not had any problems thus far. To be fair though its only got 420 miles on it and I don't boot it from the lights very often.
  11. cupra 280 fuel

When I picked my Cupra up I asked this question (mine has 98/95 on the filler cap). I was told if I can use super then great but if not just use normal unleaded. They were also quick to point out that all their staff run normal unleaded (or at least at this particular Seat). That being said...
  12. The scarcity of the Cupra

Hello
  13. The scarcity of the Cupra

I am yet to come across another Cupra in the Birmingham region.
  14. OEM Bridgestone S001's bad handling and wheel spinning

My 280 has arrived with Continental Contact Sport (something) seem to be OK.
  15. 280 or wait for a 290

Ordered and built wk 43 I believe. Direct from Seat dealer, on a 65 plate with 8 miles on the clock. They even threw in a spare wheel, which I thought was an optional extra! Deal was £1,680 down (inc VAT) and £279 per month which includes servicing, maintenance, road side assistance + home...
  16. 280 or wait for a 290

Cheers mate.
  17. 280 or wait for a 290

I ordered it 26/10 and picked it up yesterday.
  18. 280 or wait for a 290

Not sure, but I picked my 280 up this morning (lease) and it is very nice. I could have upgraded and waited till February for the 290, but my research and conversations with people suggested there is nothing in it, so I didn't bother. If you can find yourself a 280 at a good price, I doubt you...
  19. Car has been manufacture but we`re not able to deliver it!

Would second the leasing - I only ever lease cars. I ordered my 280 on the 26th October and collect it next Tuesday. Seat quoted me over £8k deposit and monthly payments of £279 0%APR (with balloon after 36 months) to buy. I got the lease via same dealer, £1,160 down, £279 a month (which...
  20. MK3 Leon Cupra R - rumour and speculation

Just been in to sign for my 280 (collecting Tuesday morning). Got speaking to the mgr (drives a 280 ST O/P) about the Cupra R. He was certain (as was the lady who served me) that the Cupra R is coming mid next year as he was waiting to change his company car to get one. He said it will...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members