Search results

1. Cupra 280 hesitation

Hi, wondering if anyone has had similar or can shed some light? Sometimes when Im giving the car about half throttle it’ll have flat spots in the acceleration, usually in 4th or 5th (dsg) It feels like it’s pulling normally then will just go flat and then start pulling again randomly, the revs...
  2. New cupra logo badge on a 280?

Saw someone selling a 14 plate 280 with new cupra badges in place place of the seat badges on the front and the back. Anyone seen this before and know where to get them? I’m guessing it’s not just from seat as the front badge of the new cupras is triangle so wouldn’t fit an old square one...
  3. Cupra steering

Yeah I know about that, it kinda feels like it’s doing that but at the wrong times... do these cars have some kind of system to correct the steering for gusts of wind etc? Because I feel like I’m struggling to keep the car in a straight line at times, wondering if the sensor for that might be...
  4. Cupra steering

Hi guys, got a bit of a weird problem currently. It’s very hard to explain but the steering when in cupra mode seems to be very stiff as it should be most of the time then suddenly go almost as light as comfort mode for a few seconds then back to normal. Also when making slight adjustments to...
  5. Cupra 280 ride quality

The tracking is pretty good yeah, I am going to get it checked, and the wheels balanced just incase. It feels like if you were to do 100 in a 1.2 corsa, not how a cupra should feel at 80 haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Cupra 280 ride quality

No don’t really feel anything through the steering wheel but the whole rest of the car shakes like mad. Only recently had new tyres and tracking done so don’t think it’s that. I expect they balanced the wheels as well but am not sure Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Cupra 280 ride quality

What’s the ride quality like with everyone’s cupras when cruising on the motorway? Mine seems to vibrate a lot, enough to make the passenger seat visibly shake, it’s fine going around 70 or under but as soon as you go more it starts. Just wondering if this is normal or if I might have a problem...
  8. Cupra dsg kick down strange rev blip

Yeah it is going down from 4 to 2, happens with 5 to 2 as well but not other combinations. I was worrying a bit but have no error codes or anything Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Cupra dsg kick down strange rev blip

The rev needle mate, it’s drops to 3000, then drops again slightly before rising again. most of the time it drops more than that before rising again as well Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Cupra dsg kick down strange rev blip

Does anyone know what could be causing this when the gearbox kicks down? I’ve only ever noticed it when it drops to second, don’t think it happens with other gears. Sorry for awful video quality Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Cupra 280 help

Yeah dsg service done last month. I was thinking it may be gearbox related myself Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Cupra 280 help

Yeah it does mate. 70% of the time it pulls like you’d expect and feels fine but then sometimes it does what I said in my original post. It feels like second gear more than anything doesn’t have anything to give... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Cupra 280 help

45000 and no it’s standard Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Cupra 280 help

Hi guys, my cars been feeling quite sluggish over the last few weeks, especially when it kicks down (dsg). Also when it kicks down to say second the revs will sometimes have an odd jump, like it will go to 2000 when it changed then weirdly jump upto 2500. Any ideas what could be happening...
  15. Front bumper wrap

I didn’t attempt it myself, I’m to much of a perfectionist and I know I’d have never gotten it spot on. £50 from my local wrapping place and it looks very good Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Cupra 280 gearbox faulty message

Cheers mate I’ve read that post before as the same thing has happened to me. This time I thought it might have been something different as cruise control etc stopped working also. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Cupra 280 gearbox faulty message

Yeah the place who did my service said it was chain driven when I enquired Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Cupra 280 gearbox faulty message

Ahh that’s a bit of a weight off haha. I had a major service and gearbox service last week and they didn’t flag anything up... hopefully Is a harmless error as you suspect Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Cupra 280 gearbox faulty message

Battery seemed to be fine, started quick and stop start was working so don’t think it’s that. Cheers though Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Cupra 280 gearbox faulty message

I started my car earlier, flashed up with a red cog saying gearbox faulty, it also said acc and front assist not available, restarted and was fine after, also no fault codes stored. Any ideas what could be going on? Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk