Search results

1. Cupra R MK2

MK4 CUPRA Leon general discussion

I'm happy with my Cupra R MK2, I may pop down to the Seat Dealer to see CUPRA LEON in person, I haven't seen the prices posted up in Spain, don't know about England, I like its looks, superb alloys, but same petrol engine, nothing new, mine is running at 300cv and doesn't have a particle filter...
  2. Cupra R MK2

I'd like to upgrade my speakers/tweeters in a Leon Cupra R 2012

Rns 315 radio is 4 x 20 W Oh dear!
  3. Cupra R MK2

Focal speakers are also a good choice
  4. Cupra R MK2

I did more research, standard tweeters are 28mm, there is room for 30mm, if you are not upgrading the radio, front and rear speakers with 50 to 60 rms tops
  5. Cupra R MK2

Increase in coolant temperature in Leon Cupra R MK2 suspicious

It's true, I obliterated the problem, I flattened the problem, it's my way of doing things, I need a bit more patience, the OEM thermostat is extremely expensive but that's one less thing to worry about, and to access it, you have to take out the alternator! I had a Lancia Delta 1.6 HF Turbo...
  6. Cupra R MK2

Which uprated clutch to get

I had the sachs uprated clutch and it was a nightmare, the clutch pedal was way too hard for my liking, so I put the original clutch, and to my horror, the dual mass fly wheel was in bad shape, I hadn't even done 6000 miles, so a new dual-mass flywheel had to go in, bloody expensive!
  7. Cupra R MK2

Brake service soon,which brake pads?

I have a Leon Cupra R Mk2, it comes with front 345mm Brake discs and 286mm Rear brake discs, I have EBC redstuff pads, both front and rear, I'm happy with them, just be careful when they are cold, they take time to heat up, from then on, they are pretty good indeed
  8. Cupra R MK2

PROBLEM SOLVED! At the end I decided to change the water temperature sensor and the thermostat as well as clean the radiator, temperature gauge needle is bang on 90 degrees again, the question is, was it the sensor ot the thermostat? I would say the thermostat although my mechanic doesn't rule...
  9. Cupra R MK2

Not where I live, besides with the Covid-19 situation here, the car spends most of the time in the community garage where the temperature is cool, I should get it back today, fingers crossed!
  10. Cupra R MK2

I was a bit lazy lol! I went through as many threads as I could, this is what I found, correct me if I'm wrong For putting upgraded front and rear door speakers SIze: 165mm Depth: No more than 6 cm Sak 3103 Adapters, which need trimming, and different screws Skinz sound proofing Front speakers...
  11. Cupra R MK2

Speaker upgrade

Hi! I'm looking to upgrade my speakers in my Mk2 Leon Cupra, I have Sat and Nav, the speakers are decent, did you buy the Alpines at the end? Did you notice any improvement? Thanks
  12. Cupra R MK2

It's a good idea, I have the car in the garage, I decided to give the radiator a good cleaning just in case and the temperature will be read tomorrow via the OBD, thanks!
  13. Cupra R MK2

Hi! I have been reading some threads about this, my idea is not to change the head unit, just speakers and tweeters, I suppose the car has a set of tweeters at the front, one on each side, front speakers in the doors and rear speakers in the back doors. I want to notice an improvement over the...
  14. Cupra R MK2

Good question, It was changed after buying the car, we put an organic coolant 50%, -40 to 145 ° C
  15. Cupra R MK2

Hi! The car is from 2012 and it has the original radiator, there are no leaks as of yet, do you think I should get the radiator cleaned? The water pump was changed, back in June 2016 I'm measuring the temeperature of the coolant just by reading the needle in the water temperature gauge on...
  16. Cupra R MK2

Hi! I've noticed that the water temperature gauge has increased from 90 degrees C° to approximately 93 °C Not happy about it at all, my car is running at 300hp, it has a Hybrid turbo, upgraded spark plugs and coils, downpipe, with a light remap Could this be just a simple case of replacing the...
  17. Cupra R MK2

What radio model comes in Cupra r? RNS315?

Ok, got the sd card yesterday, took a long time to install the maps, more than 2 hours, but it's working, warning: don't buy an sd card that has already been installed in another car, it won't work
  18. Cupra R MK2

New CUPRA Formentor with up to 310PS - first deliveries 4th Quarter 2020

Having the Cupra badge, it is gonna be very very expensive.However, It looks fantastic and muscular, def go fro the 310hp version, not into the new hybrids
  19. Cupra R MK2

Went into the page supplied in this tread, found the sd card and at the botton it tells you how to find out what radio model you have, you have to hold the "setup" button for 10 seconds...the rest of the instructions are in the link below, at the bottom of the page...
  20. Cupra R MK2

Many thanks! Went into the page and got the SD CARD Version 12
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members