Search results

1. My 07 Alhambra 2.0 TDI

Cheers. Yes, it would look better with a drop for sure. Like about 6" drop, lol. But then that would take away some of it's positives, such as clearance, and the kids seeing so much out the windows. However, when the time comes to replace the springs, I'll put on a drop then. Whether...
  2. My 07 Alhambra 2.0 TDI

So, gave her a quick wash today, some tyre shine, and some back to black. First halfway decent pics (well, still phone pics) of it since the colour change on the wheels. I still realise that many of you out there will still hate such a vehicle, and that's fine. I like it enough that it...
  3. Seat alhambra extras available?

I have a 2007, and didn't find much to "activate" when I got my VCDS. Actually, I think the only thing I did was enable the comfort indicators (tap the indicator and it flashes 3 times), and retrofitted cruise (although that is not currently working. Suspected clutch switch, but as it was only...
  4. VCDS not seeing modules

Ok. So found out the parking sensors are an aftermarket Cobra kit. D'oh. So ordered the parts to fix (cable and sensor). No longer worried too much about CAN gateway, maybe the car isn't REALLY a CAN based vehicle? But any help on the glowplug controller fault would be much appreciated...
  5. Overheating!

Get into a garage to check for head gasket. Mine was like that when I bought it. Wondered why he was so happy to only knock £500 off the price, when he accepted straight away. Anyway, the timing belt was due shortly after on mine, so it wasn't the end of the world. But it was the head...
  6. VCDS not seeing modules

Ok guys, So I got my new VCDS cable (genuine) as I figured it was about time I got one after having umpteen VAGs in the past. And currently am back at 2. Anyway, so my ED30 is in getting looked at, so thought I'd have a bash at my Alhambra. See what error codes she is hiding, and have a...
  7. My 07 Alhambra 2.0 TDI

Thought I'd pop up a post about my SEAT. I bring you a 2007 Alhambra TDI. Picked it up, got about 15 miles before it started overheating. D'oh. Turns out it was a blooming head gasket no less. Nightmare. Anyway, got it home, got that fixed along with a new timing belt, full service and...
  8. 2007 Alhambra Stereo Upgrade

Excellent. I do fancy the 315 to be fair. Looks decent spec for the money. I just worry that the Alhambra has a "standard" Double Din set-up (as in it is properly square, requiring no facia) and the 315 looks to have "wings" that would screw in then be covered by a facia. Is this Dave Sere...
  9. 2007 Alhambra Stereo Upgrade

No-one?
  10. 2007 Alhambra Stereo Upgrade

Guys, I'm wanting to upgrade the stereo in my 2007 Alhambra. I have a thing for having Bluetooth in all my cars, so the standard "odeon" stereo isn't cutting it. So, usually I'd just throw in some £100 head unit that has USB and BT and be done with it. But I can't seem to find an adapter...
  11. Just bought a 2007 Alhambra... Hot... Overheating in fact.

Well, that's it all done and back to me. Only done around 20 miles getting it back from the garage, but looks like the head gasket was indeed the culprit. Thankfully.
  12. 240v

So one of these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-Travel-Adaptor-into-Adapter/dp/B000MVDD2E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444294489&sr=8-2&keywords=travel+plug
  13. Seat Alhambra buying advice

Timing belt is 4 years / 60k I believe. Mine was near due as it had done 55k in the last 2 years. I'm pretty sure the regular servicing is the usual 10k / 1 year on these. Even if the long life servicing was available on these, at that age, with them miles I'd probably still go down to 10k /...
  14. Just bought a 2007 Alhambra... Hot... Overheating in fact.

Took it to my mechanic, he is thinking head gasket here. Booooo. So it'll be getting Head set Bolts Water pump Timing belt kit Thermostat Oil Coolant All gaskets and seals replaced that are disturbed. Oh well...
  15. Seat Alhambra buying advice

I'd be looking for more money off personally, but I'm not really sure on values. For comparison though, I just bought a 2007 2.0 tdi (140 bhp) with full service history and 120k on it for £3k. Ok, it needed a timing belt in 5k, and turns out possibly a head gasket, but an extra grand for 5...
  16. Diesel or super diesel??

Here is on eof the posts a quick google brings up about using 2SO in a diesel car. This was on a 320d. Unsure of the age if it was a E90 or E46 though. Again, as I said though, the OP should do his own research before deciding to do it. I did it, and saw big improvements in the way it...
  17. Diesel or super diesel??

Obviously never tried it, or looked into it. Like I said, do your own research first, but I had no issues. And I had run chip fat in the past too. What do you think diesel is if not oil though? And 2 stroke oil is designed to be mixed with fuel, providing extra lubrication.
  18. Diesel or super diesel??

I used it every tank. You get 500ml bottles for £1.99 from Morrisons, so half a bottle per tank. So only £1 per tank, fired in before filling. It was a tip I picked up years ago, but never really ran a diesel motor with high enough miles (low enough value) to consider trying it. Worked great...
  19. Diesel or super diesel??

Like I said, different driving profiles do make the bigger difference. But I do believe that the Esso Super diesel does actually make a difference. Where I found no noticeable difference with either Shell or BP personally. What I did notice making a difference, although it was more to do with...
  20. Diesel or super diesel??

Can't say I noticed any performance benefit. I did do some testing a while back in my 530d. I ran 3 tanks of some of the most popular fuels on the market, from supermarkets as well as proper retailers like Shell, BP and Esso etc... Using the super diesel as well as the normal diesel. My...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise