Search results

1. 2015 Leon Fr 184 idling noise

I hear a clonking over the usual tdi rattle. Almost a tick tock repeating. Bearing on something like the water pump maybe.
  2. Wheels vs Suspension

Suspension controls handling via its affect on physics. Wheels/tyres react to various shifting forces/weight that are allowed to get to them by the shocks, springs, roll bars, strut bars, bushes etc. All other things being equal, and running the same wheel/tyre package, a vehicle with sorted...
  3. Anything good for fogged up windows?

I have a tub of Silica desiccant on the back seat during winter. The type that changes colour as it absorbs moisture and can be dried out in an oven. I leave a few tubs around the car if it wont be used for a few days.
  4. Windows opened by themselves

Has anyone seen this confirmed? I went out to the car 40 mins ago to find the passenger window down by 6 inches. Car locked. It rained quite a lot overnight so that door card, seat, my jacket, dash edge, floor mat, all soaked. Mostly beaded water on the plastics due to the interior cleaner I...
  5. whole paintwork ruined by morons, quick advise needed

They should have public liability insurance. Get them to admit fault, then get them to pay for whatever it needs doing.
  6. Some Engines Removed From Ordering

You'd have thought Seat.co.uk wouldn't list the Leon SC including the Cupra manual. Carwow dropped the now redundant specs a week or two ago. Shame really, that the SC is going, as I was looking at another one to replace mine. Appreciate you spend time keeping us all informed on build times...
  7. New Leon - Build Date Confirmation ?

I don't think the dealer can tell you anything other than it's expected build week, the order is accepted, it's built, it's shipping, it's here. In that order. That was my experience. Unless they have firm info, they would be guessing. I didn't chase my order at all. I let the dealer tell me...
  8. Getting a squeak from my brakes.

Could be dust. Could be a stone. Try rinsing the brakes with a hose. Might flush something out.
  9. Advice on abandoned car on my drive

I would just drag it or lift it off my property and dump it in the street. No criminal law broken so Police have no interest. If it was a gt4 or Carlos Sainz, i'd try to keep hold off it
  10. Advice on abandoned car on my drive

F**king lol. Excellent idea !!
  11. bridgestones are awfull

They are bad. Searching the forum and it's a common comment. Terrible noise. The ones I changed to are far better for braking and noise. And they helped me to a 78mpg run over 115 miles.
  12. Cupra 300 nightmare in the snow

It wasn't me. :D
  13. Cupra 300 nightmare in the snow

This is why I still own a Subaru.
  14. Seat Sound System

The amp is in the spare wheel.
  15. A331 / Camberley Chaos

Used it yesterday. Not rush hour. Lights are more Red than Green. Used it a month or so ago with no issues.
  16. 2017 Facelift Leon - Total System Failure

Wow. I have never heard of a total, step by step, failure like that on any car. I do hope its a single obvious fix. Admire your sense of humour. The clown car reference made me chuckle.
  17. Stock tires are rubbish in rain

Mine had the S001 and they were not something I would recommend.
  18. Facelift build quality

Tried a 300 today. ST in Blue with Leather. I like the engine. Its refined and fairly quiet. The poke is there but it is very smooth. And its happy being asked to pull from low down. Petrol obviously quieter. Manual box very similar to my FR. Feels the same but the throw is shorter...
  19. Went form a VXR corsa to a CUPRA 280 and love it SOO much

Has the smile gone yet ? ;-)
  20. audi indicator lights

Does look good though
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members