Search results

1. What to check after car bumped from behind

Impact felt like when you stall or forget you've left it in 1st and lurch forward a bit. Might run a hose over it to make sure no water gets in...
  2. What to check after car bumped from behind

We were stationary waiting to pull out of a car park and an idiot bumped us from behind at low speed. What should you check for damage in this situation? High st garage chain have checked it with a torch, and found nothing. Are there any other checks for non-obvious things that are likely to go...
  3. Comfort to normal tyre pressures

If the bumps feal more jarring at the higher pressure, does this mean they are potentially doing more damage to the car? Or with suspension does it make no difference? Be nice to know if SEAT want us to run under komfort or not, as the manual does seem to point you to the higher pressures...
  4. Comfort to normal tyre pressures

Will tyres handle changing to run with standard tyre pressures, if they've been running in the Comfort lower pressures? I received the car with 5000 miles. Was at komfort pressures, but no idea if the dealer just set it to that? Have been running for another 2000 or so and recently changed...
  5. Radio codes

Email SEAT and they will reply telling you it's free after about 1 week. Print this email and take it to the dealer. Take proof of ownership, driving licence and radio manual. If you're on the system because that's where you bought it, they may not need to check ID. Just got mine for...
  6. Positive battery terminal - connecting jump lead

The difference with the new cheaper replacement battery is that it's not as high, and you can fit a lead on. The original battery was right up against the underneath of the fuse link box thing.
  7. Radio codes

On the back of my BLANK radio card it says "If the radio card with code number should be lost, please contact a SEAT dealer. There you will get all the help needed without any expense" The dealer I bought mine from want £25. Have contact SEAT via the website, and will see what happens...
  8. Positive battery terminal - connecting jump lead

It did work. Car is alive again enough to drive to battery place. The jump leads are the standard big plastic crocodile ones from DIY places. Radio turned on showing 0000 so it's asking for a code, but I haven't looked into that yet...
  9. Positive battery terminal - connecting jump lead

The fusible links connected to the positive battery terminal are making it impossible to connect jump leads to the positive terminal. Can the jump lead be connected to any metal part connected to the positive terminal, or does this rule out jump starting the TDI engine? There's the metal...
  10. OBD II and Torque App

Thanks. Think it's a faulty dongle then rather than the app. The £60-70 for an "official" one is a bit much considering dongle are about £5 these days. Trying to get one <£20 that works on Ibiza and Leon.
  11. How do you remove the rear light cluster?

Used one of those hook pull tools designed for laying laminate flooring to remove mine. A wider contact point than a screwdriver.
  12. OBD II and Torque App

Is Torque (Lite version) still working for people with the cheap obd2 devices? I was unable to get mine to work with Torque, but it did work with ScanMaster android app (from Germany). Another app showed a message saying I'd plugged a dodgy ELM 327 one in and it wouldn't work. Suggestion by a...
  13. DIY sealants suitable for engine bay/plenum

Are DIY non car-specific silicone sealants suitable for use under the bonnet. In particular to seal bulk head grommets and seams against rain leaks. You get more for your money, and a gun is more precise to use. Are the car ones just the same thing with black colouring? Not the fire...
  14. Leak wet under carpet

Don't think it's the exact Leon pollen filter housing problem, but could well be a leak in a similar area. Pollen filter sits vertically in the Ibiza. It's accessed from the passenger footwell, but couldn't find any evidence of a leak in that area. Replaced the (possibly original 2007) pollen...
  15. Plenum cover/scuttle removal video or pics?

Thanks Thanks. Would still like to see a picture of the underside of the cover, then I'll know if I'm up to fitting a new one. Any pics on a car parts site? Can only seem to find pics from the top.
  16. Plenum cover/scuttle removal video or pics?

Can anyone who's recorded this actually on an MK4 provide a link to video or pics? Plenum cover doesn't seem like it'll come off in a millions years. Ibiza Haynes manual and guides for other VW models gloss over it like it'll just come off easy.
  17. Leon Sport Cross

I would think a lot of people like me bought a Leon because they don't like crossovers. Having a high car means people behind you can't see what's going on and are more likely to crash in the back of you.
  18. Leak wet under carpet

Image Water seems to be dripping through the little hole in passenger footwell behind foam. just inside the door at the front. Does anyone know where this comes from? Garage couldn't find leak. Not allowed to post image yet...
  19. Net to prevent bonnet hinge leaves?

The Ibiza MK4 seems to have a design flaw where there are big gaps where the bonnet hinges are. These let leaves and debris in at each end. Is it feasible to put net there to prevent it? I have some strong net that I might try. This is still at the crazy idea stage. (seems better...
  20. Leak wet under carpet

schematic? Is there somewhere on this site that shows pictures/schematics of where stuff is? For the novice. In this case: drain locations path of screen washer tubes detailed engine bay view
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members