Search results

1. Jay280

Cupra vs Cupra ST vs M240i

I have just done the opposite change, had a manual cupra 280. Fantastic car, kept it 7 years!! Now got a manual M240i. Only had it a couple of months so early days. In all honesty the only part I miss about the cupra so far is (as mentioned above) the agile sure footed handling. If the change...
  2. Jay280

EA888 intake manifold position fault

Yes from what I remember it was pretty straightforward to change. Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
  3. Jay280

EA888 intake manifold position fault

Yes it was on the CXJA engine. Don't know about the manifold part number though. Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
  4. Jay280

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

After a 7 years with my cupra 280 (never kept a car so long!!), just sold it and bought a BMW M240i Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
  5. Jay280

Brake Pads do not fit

Not had a single squeak (unlike the brembo pads as not only did they knock and move in the carrier they were squeaking like mad). Did a few miles in it over weekend too so happy days. The pads didn't cost me again as the supplier gave them to me to replace the last set so can't complain. Sent...
  6. Jay280

Brake Pads do not fit

Yes had the cut outs for the pistons just like the original pads I removed and the brembo's. Also the ware sensor was the same as in the original pads. Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
  7. Jay280

Brake Pads do not fit

So I have just fitted the replacement pads the part's supplier gave me to replace the brembo pads. I hadn't heard of Breck pads before but they seemed decent enough quality and fit a dam sight better and more snug than the Brembo's!!! Early days as only driven my usual commute home but not a...
  8. Jay280

Brake Pads do not fit

I have the exact same issue with the brembo pads I recently fitted. Just ordered some replacements recommended by my parts supplier. Will update if any good! Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
  9. Jay280

Cupra 290 (2016) discs and pads

Ive recently fitted some brembo front pads to the front of my cupra (with the 340mm brakes). I specifically requested brembo or trw pads from the parts supplier. I would definitely advise against the brembo option as the pad backing plates seem ever so slightly shorter than the original trw pads...
  10. Jay280

Fitted my new brakes [emoji373] (excuse the state of the wheels!) Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  11. Jay280

Took delivery of some new front brakes. Mtec C hook discs with silver protective coating to try and prevent the awful looking corrosion on the centers plus brembo pads. Just need to find the time to fit them now! Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  12. Jay280

Seat Cupra 290 370mm brembo pack with 18" wheels?

Yes you can. A guy I used to work with had a set of 18" team dynamics pro race 1.2 on his cupra 280 with the sub 8 pack. No idea on the offset you need though. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  13. Jay280

Front brake pads & discs change info + fitment

This is a good informative how to video. On the bigger 340mm brakes like on the cupra but shouldn't be too much different other than size. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  14. Jay280

Only slightly push down into the foam when fully closed. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  15. Jay280

Yes very easy....... Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  16. Jay280

Finally got round to fitting the bonnet lift kit I got for Christmas...... Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  17. Jay280

Oil change... 1L too little??

Have you removed the oil filter before or after draining the oil? The filter housing will hold some oil so if u change the filter after draining/changing the oil this will just go down into the sump. Mine took roughly 5.5L when I serviced it last. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  18. Jay280

Got a bit of a bargain on Facebook marketplace.......... Yet to be fitted. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  19. Jay280

Cupra 280 wheel refurb (pictures)

Look on the link SRGTD shared, there's some pictures on there. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  20. Jay280

Cupra 280 wheel refurb (pictures)

I remember that thread now you have shared it. I even commented in it, lol. I have only ever seen the standard 280 wheels re done in a gunmetal type grey or black. Would like to see examples of them in anything different [emoji1303] Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.