Search results

1. leon_mike

Removing centre bolt from AirCon shear plate

Car (2010 Seat Leon) aircon not blowing cold and the centre bolt on the shear plate is loose which appears common on these Delphi aircon units. Dealer quoted nearly £750 for fitting of replacement compressor. Found these online...
  2. leon_mike

Seat Leon MK2 timing belt change intervals

I posted on this some time back: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=424076 The service manual clearly says 120k miles for Common Rail Engines. Spoke with my local garage (not a SEAT dealer) and they said that Cambelts should be good for at least 100k miles and that if the...
  3. leon_mike

2010 Leon - Multiple Questions following VCDS scan

Hi there, Needed to reset the airbag fault code after inadvertently activating it when removing glove box to fit DAB antenna for my RNS315 install. Anyhow whilst clearing fault we completed a full VCDS scan which was an "eye-opener" as looks like had never been cleared and confirmed my...
  4. leon_mike

Airbag Code Reset South Oxfordshire

Sorted via contact found on BriskSkoda.net
  5. leon_mike

Airbag Code Reset South Oxfordshire

Can anyone help reset Airbag warning code anywhere near South Oxfordshire?
  6. leon_mike

2nd key

I have multiple cars, one of the others has key+fob so keyring already has multiple car keys alarm fobs etc :-) But will search through details....
  7. leon_mike

RNS 315 Fit

Bunged it on fleabay thus morning not sure on rules if I can post link as don't seem to be able to PM people at the moment!
  8. leon_mike

RNS 315 Fit

Potentially, theres loads on fleabay and the one I took out has a slight crack in the front plastic and the white plastic bit of the aerial connector is missing (although can be picked up cheap off ebay). Was probably going to bung it on fleabay and see what (if anything) it makes!
  9. leon_mike

2nd key

What I am thinking is as follows: One of my other cars has a seperate alarm fob and key so used to that sort of setup. Wife has the existing flip key/remote leaving me with just the key and no remote :-( Quite happy using the existing key with its transponder for ignition just want a...
  10. leon_mike

Timing Belt Interval for 1.6 TDI

I know that's the normal wording but the Service Book makes no mention of age. Unless you visit the Seat UK website there is no age listed in the Service Book. So surely people with no internet access or outside the UK would not know about this 5 year recommendation. What's annoying...
  11. leon_mike

Timing Belt Interval for 1.6 TDI

Trying to work out what the timing belt interval is for 2010 1.6 TDI Ecomotive? The Seat UK 'fixed price servicing' page seems to suggest: "Most SEAT engines are fitted with a cambelt. Your cambelt works very hard to drive vital engine components over hundreds of millions of revolutions...
  12. leon_mike

VW massaging emission figures

Interesting that people are talking of receiving letters. Manufacturers get details of owners from DVLA for recalls. I only bought me Leon last week and don't even have the V5C back from DVLA. Mines affected according to the website but obviously a lot of cars are going to exchange...
  13. leon_mike

2nd key

Thanks, guess there is no option to buy just a fob to use to lock/unlock the car and then just use the existing spare key to start the car?
  14. leon_mike

Service confusion.

According to Seat website with fixed price servicing they have a list for: 1st Year / 10k Miles 2nd Year / 20k Miles Then for 3rd to 15th year it shows every 12 months/10k miles as a "minor" service end 24 months / 20k miles as "major" service. Includes full list of whats included in each!
  15. leon_mike

Diesel Engine Emissions Cheating

Depends what they offer as a 'carrot'. I assume if they make fundamental changes to your car (e.g. reports of injector changes on 1.6) then they are going to have to warrant the work and could be some benefits/compensation. I just bought a Seat after a Vauxhall (Astra) catching...
  16. leon_mike

Driver door issues

I did find it weird how they could say that the door lock modules do go faulty they would charge for diagnostics. Suspect they charge for 'diagnostics' even for common faults which they know exactly what they are!
  17. leon_mike

Driver door issues

I'm afraid not, car was bought 2nd hand from a Toyota dealer (they had taken it as Part X) and covered by a Toyota used car warranty so will hopefully be fixed under that warranty. According to the Seat dealer I spoke to they said £75 diagnose fee + parts and labour.
  18. leon_mike

RNS 315 Fit

My car (2010 Leon 1.6 Ecomotive SE) came with a RCD 310. Giving the car its first wash I noticed the roof antenna had a GPS module at the front and when going through all the paperwork I found the original sales paperwork with a "Welcome to your new Seat Leon" leaflet which listed all the...
  19. leon_mike

Driver door issues

I've got the same issue and posted about it last week and received the following feedback: Seat Dealer said that whilst its "not common" the lock modules do go bad. Going back to the original dealer (non Seat) to hopefully be fixed Wednesday.
  20. leon_mike

NOx Adblue !

Germany just has, see BBC News website. "Volkswagen has been ordered to recall 2.4 million cars in Germany by the country's automotive watchdog as a result of the diesel emissions scandal. German media reports suggest the KBA earlier rejected VW's proposals that car owners could...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members