Search results

1. Engine management light on

Here's an update on my EML predicky ment... After speaking to a couple of mechanics i was pointed to Lloyd at Car Care Redditch. Lloyd had the car for a couple of hours during which he uploaded an engine map that tells the car it hasn't got an EGR valve and to stop looking for it! His contact...
  2. Misfires and leaking current on a Seat Ibiza 6L (1.2 12v)

I had a parasitic leak on my Discovery. Traced it to the diodes in the alternator. (common fault) Apparently they ensure the output is DC only. When they fail instead of the power only going from the alternator to the battery they allow it to go the other way through the alternator to earth...
  3. Improved headlights?

My previous Ibiza was an '05 FR PD130. It's headlights were PANTS! Now i've got an '05 Cupra PD160 and they are equally as bad! Has anybody fitted spot lights to the front of their car? Or a pair of the aftermarket units as seen on ebay? It's frankly embarrassing to admit that the headlights on...
  4. Engine management light on

Have you tried asking this question in the Leon section? I don't know if it might be different than for an Ibiza. On my FR Ibiza, my thermostat was sticking open so i had a new one fitted. It didn't prompt the EML, and not long before it got written off the water pump started leaking, again no...
  5. More moans about my 'new, Cupra PD160

Thanks for that. I've checked and disposed of the interior LED bulb. A normal one is now in and works fine. I've tried holding the switch down and up for ten seconds after the window has opened or closed and it hasn't worked. Do you know which convenience module i need to refit cruise? Does it...
  6. More moans about my 'new, Cupra PD160

I've only had it a couple of weeks and this is what i've found... Interior light doesn't fully switch off when driving. It stays on but very dimly. Is this normal? I pulled up outside home on Monday, locked it up and went back outside to check an hour later and it was still lit up on dim. If you...
  7. Ibiza Mk4 Custom Gas Bonnet Lifters/Struts - Finally Finished!

Now it's even OLDER, but what Schlomi said... PLEASE :love:
  8. Engine management light on

Just about to buy a modified Ibiza Cupra pd160 with an EGR delete which is causing the engine management light to come on. Is there a way to fool the car into thinking it still has it's EGR and this turning off the light?
  9. Combination switch from ibiza MK5 to MK4

I don't know, but have you tried looking on UK eBay?
  10. Is my car a facelift or pre facelift

My 2005 Ibiza FR has steering wheel buttons on it.
  11. what have you done to your car today ?

Front brakes have started to judder a bit on hard application. So i've bought a pair of used TT calipers and carriers, and new discs and pads. Hope to get them fitted over the holidays, together with thermostat, water temp sensor, fuel temp sensor, air and oil filter and oil, gearbox oil and...
  12. what have you done to your car today ?

WOW! I never realised that to measure turbo boost you connect your boost gauge to the air vent?
  13. Xbox Live Gamer tags

TallishShelf459 As i didn't choose a name i'm guessing it was auto created by Xbox. Spotted daily in Tamriel, Elder Scrolls Online...
  14. Cruise Control

Nice to hear you got it sorted. Shame you had to do it yourself and the idiots at a main dealership couldn't sort it! :mad:
  15. Ecomotive discs and pads - info please

For what it's worth, until 15th November using the promotion code EARLY21 will get you 45% discount on parts and 50% off Brembo brake pads and discs at Euro Car Parts
  16. Ecomotive discs and pads - info please

My cousin has his own garage which he runs with his son. They use three or four regular parts suppliers, ECP being one of them. NONE OF THEM supply the correct parts all of the time. Many is the time i've popped around to see a car sat on a ramp not being worked on due to them waiting for a...
  17. Ecomotive discs and pads - info please

I don't know what make is recommended, but i'd fit Brembo brake parts. Euro Car Parts often have special offers on Brembo pads and discs. Check ebay for parts too. I've seen Euro shops selling parts on there that are cheaper than my local Euro with discount applied.
  18. Cruise Control

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/where-is-the-convenience-control-unit.202256/ Just read answer #3 about the guy having to plug in the stalk for the cruise control. If your car didn't have it as standard this may be the reason yours doesn't work? Maybe not plugged in properly?
  19. Fog lights always on.

I swapped the headlight switch on my 2005 Ibiza earlier today. I couldn't get my head around how you can push the switch in, rotate it a bit to the right and then while pushing, pull out the switch so i removed the access panel for the OBD port to allow me to push the switch from behind. Then i...
  20. Electric Folding Mirrors Realign.

Probably not, and i bet the spares department aren't either😉