Search results

1. Will 225/45R17 tyres fit on a MK4 TDi Cupra 160?

The standard size is 205 40 17 but i see that 225 45 17s are a bit cheaper plus a bit wider :D Has anyone else fitted this size tyre? I don't want to have to start cutting away bits of bodywork, like on a Land Rover...
  2. Improved headlights?

My previous Ibiza was an '05 FR PD130. It's headlights were PANTS! Now i've got an '05 Cupra PD160 and they are equally as bad! Has anybody fitted spot lights to the front of their car? Or a pair of the aftermarket units as seen on ebay? It's frankly embarrassing to admit that the headlights on...
  3. More moans about my 'new, Cupra PD160

I've only had it a couple of weeks and this is what i've found... Interior light doesn't fully switch off when driving. It stays on but very dimly. Is this normal? I pulled up outside home on Monday, locked it up and went back outside to check an hour later and it was still lit up on dim. If you...
  4. Engine management light on

Just about to buy a modified Ibiza Cupra pd160 with an EGR delete which is causing the engine management light to come on. Is there a way to fool the car into thinking it still has it's EGR and this turning off the light?
  5. 2005 1.9TDi PD130 Fr which gearbox oil

Just wondering which oil you guys fit in the 6 speed gearbox. As usual i'm getting conflicting spec of which oil to use when i look online. Euro car parts says SAE 75W GL-4 specification but they want £80 for 3 litres. NOT gonna happen!!! Can i use SAE 75W-80 which conforms to GL-4 and VW G 052...
  6. Folding mirrors on 2005 TDi FR

After having owned my '05 TDi FR for nearly four years while reversing into a parking space yesterday at work i tried to lower the driver's mirror so i could see the curb i was trying to park close to and ended up twiddling the mirror knob so it folded the mirror in. As i didn't know this was an...
  7. Has anyone bought a VCDS cable and software from VAG Diagnostics Ltd?

https://www.vag-diagnostics.com/sales.html It seems to be a good price if it has all the same functions as the genuine article. As it doesn't mention how many vehicles you can use it with i've just sent them an email asking. I wondered if anyone else here has had any dealings with them.
  8. OH NO, here i go again...

For the last month I've been unable to open the passenger door of my 3 door 2005 Ibiza 1.9 TDi FR. The driver's side doesn't put the interior light on when i open it. That's been the case since i bought the car about four years ago. I called in my local Seat dealer to enquire about their price...
  9. 2005 TDi FR Bonnet release cable. RHD same as LHD?

|Does anyone know if the cable for the right hand drive and left hand drive cars are the same? My inner is seized in the outer which is stopping the bonnet from latching securely again. It's all very secure(ish) at the moment as I've got it tied shut so it can't open using lawnmower pull chord...
  10. Adjust '05 Ibiza FR alarm sensitivity?

My alarm doesn't go off by itself as a rule, but when we get a heavy downburst of rain it goes off. Is there a way of desensitizing the alarm a little?
  11. Worryingly iffy brakes

Hello peeps! Coming home down the lanes, i chucked the car into a left hand bend last night, and as I came out the other side I got a warning buzzer and the amber ABS and 'exclamation mark in a triangle with a round arrow around it' and red brake dash warning lights all came on. I stopped up...
  12. No aircon

Has anybody tried repairing their aircon pump? Mine doesn't work and I assumed it was just low on gas, but a mechanic I spoke to today suggested that the more likely cause for a 2005 Ibiza with 138,000 miles on the clock, was a knackered compressor. He did say that you can buy a rebuild kit for...
  13. Bonjourno Muckas!

Hope that's original :p Just bought myself an 05 Ibiza 1.9 TDi FR in bright yellow and thought I'd join up and say hi. Not my first Seat, I had an old 1.9 SDi before, loved it, was a bit of a shed but never let me down in the three years I had it. Well, never let me down once I'd learned...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.