Search results

1. Insurance costs of having a second car!!

Having recently changed locations of office for work, I am not travelling over 150 a day to work and back, so have picked up a mile-muncher and taken the opportunity to take the LC off the road for some TLC. I thought I would start getting some quotations on the best way to have it insured...
  2. KO3 Turbo - Single or Twin oil feed

Howdy folks, I'm a short on knowledge on specifications of turbos in general. But understand how they work, and am going to rebuild mine... When ordering a kit it had either twin or single feed for the oil on the bearing. I believe the KO3 to be single feed, but could someone confirm for me...
  3. Will a Turbo still boost okay with leaking oil seals?

I have a 2002 Leon Cupra 180 that recently started to see some smoke from the rear in slow moving traffic. The car is just over 100k mark now and has been well cared for up to this point. I have just completed a minor oil service with 5w30 oil and new filter. I suspected not all was...
  4. Vacuum hose sizes for boost gauge

Howdy all, after many Google searches I'm yet to come up with a definitive answer as to what size vacuum hose is best or needed for running a boost gauge? I'm about to for one to my MK1 LC and wanted to replace to supplied clear hose that came with the kit, to black hose. Can anyone advise...
  5. Who runs spacers on the standard LC Starfish wheels?

Looking for people who run spacer on the standard LC wheels, and information on the size. Done my research and know all about the hubcentric ones and the actual PCD/bolts required. I just can't decide what width to go for... My car is on H&R 35mm springs, but doesn't sit too low. I'd...
  6. Cupra R and Cupra Seats

Howdy all, Just a quick one, after some interweb searching I couldn't find a definitive answer to as whether the Cupra R and Cupra seats are the same, just different cloth?
  7. Beware of fake Forge DV valves... eBay

Having just bought a used Forge Split R valve for what I thought was a bargain early last Sunday morning, I have just received it and am quite annoyed to find it's as fake as Jordan's tits. Turns out after some more hunting that there are loads of reasonably good copies floating around on...
  8. Poly Bush Top Mounts - with Black Poly spacer.

After replacing my top mount bushes with Lemforder products a bout 4 months ago, they have failed already as the top nut pulled through the bush resulting in busted bearings... I've been reading up on the reviews on the Powerflex ones with mixed reviews, although I see now there is a kit which...
  9. What size spacers do you run?

My LC is being lowered tomorrow on 35mm springs, and currently has the standard 'starfish' 17's, which I plan on keeping for now as I refurbished them earlier in the year. Judging by the inset of the wheels within the arches at the moment I think it'll defiantly need some spacers adding, so...
  10. Good write up for spring test: H&R vs Eibach

Whilst searching for some comparisons between the H&R springs and Eibach Pro, without just having someone tell you that Coilovers are the way to go... I can across this (link below), it is based on them being fitted and tested on a BMW, but three identical cars all tested against stock set...
  11. Anyone running LCR shocks/springs on their LC?

At some time in the past the springs have been replaced on my car, and the rear sits very high... making me think they are the wrongs ones. I'm looking around at options at the moment for new kit, but have come across a complete LCR shock and springs set up that I can get hold of. I...
  12. Which 5W5 LED lamps do you use?

Having upgraded to HID main beams it leaves my sidelights looking pretty drab in comparison! Looking at various LED's on eBay, just wondered what ones others may have used and if anyone has any information or advice on them? Ta.
  13. Axle Loading Of 1.8t Cupra?

I'm looking at H&R springs for my 2003 LC, all the sites that sell them have two options that are based on the front axle loadings. either 910kg or 911kg.... Has anyone bought H&R springs or would happen to know what the axle loading is? Thanks.
  14. Temp Gauge Behaving Like A Boost Gauge!

So whilst on my slow(ish) drive home from work last night, the weather was beaming and the car appeared to be running well.... The road opened to a great country A road section and down the foot went to the legal limit :whistle:..... Then went rejoining the main road I noticed the temp had...
  15. WANTED: Standard Cupra Springs

All, If anyone has a set of standard Cupra springs for sale please let me know! I've recently discovered that my springs appear to have been replaced at some point with the wrong ones, which is why the rear sits so high on my car! I'm planning on getting the entire suspension replaced...
  16. Diameter of Seat wheel logo? 'starfish wheels'

Does anyone know the diameter of the Seat logo on the center caps for the standard 'starfish' Cupra Speedline wheels? Refurbishing my wheels over the weekend so would like to replace them if possible. Thanking you.
  17. Seat Base Height

Hello one and all :wave: A while ago I fitted some MK4 GTi Recaro seats into my Cupra, I found them loads more supportive than the standard ones, but felt like they didn't sit as low as the Leon seats.. I've taken them out again for now as I plan to have them cleaned and replace the...
  18. Cobra Exhaust Owners, Reviews please.

After looking at my exhaust at the weekend and spotting a broken mount and a sea of rusty pipes , the time has come to upgrade.... !! I'm leaning towards the Cobra over the Miltek, but wanted an owners review of one fitted to a LC, preferably CAT back. Also, if you have a good video that...
  19. Photoshop Request Please - Wheel Color and Height

Hello all, Would any of you fine folk be able to have a play with the color of the stock wheels and lower the ride height a little on the picture below please. I'm thinking about changing the wheels to a gloss bronze color or dark gold and wondered what it would look like against the...
  20. Cupra Boot Badge

I'm struggling to get hold of or find out the part number for the original Cupra badge that sits on the boot under the Seat lettering. If anyone can link me or point in the right direction that would be great, I did call my local dealers.... they were either having a massive case of the...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise