Search results

1. Which type of petrol

Run our 1.4 125ps on 97 Ron Sainsburys super, cos it's about 127p a litre and although it might not provide a economy/performance benefit it's at least keeping the engine cleaner. I would note this though, these are relatively small turbo engines with higher combustion pressures than equivalent...
  2. Remote locking problem

Over the past few months my Ibiza has become rather temperamental with the remote locking. The remote locking only works intermittently, and only when very close to the car. I initially thought the battery required replacing in the fob, so I did that and it improved things for about 2-3 few...
  3. hid to led dipped beam & full beam

The light pattern projected from a headlamp with a LED bulb will be even worse than retrofitted HID's. If you actually wish to see where your going, stay with the HID's (despite them causing glare to other drivers) or go back to halogens. Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk
  4. Led fogs

Sorry, my mistake in the kelvin rating. My explanation still stands though. I fitted some H7 Osram cool blue intense bulbs in a BMW 1 Series and the light they emit on the road is 'whiter' but the actual colour the lamp looks is still yellow. Therefore they are highly unlikely to match the...
  5. Led fogs

Just to give you a bit of extra info on the Osram cool blue.. They give off a more crisp white light onto the road but still light the reflector up with a yellow tinge. 4000k is less than 500k higher than some of the normal halogen bulbs. I've not read the whole thread but if your looking for...
  6. Ibiza FR - Different size tyres?

Not really relevant to he OP's post, but could you point me to where the law states it has to be within 3% of the original fitment? Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk
  7. DPF Delete exhaust leaks and water in headlights - Issues on Leeds

By non standard, you mean illegal modifications that mean you car does not meet what is required by law? And thus should fail any genuine MOT? Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk
  8. Condensation AGAIN Arrggghhhhh

Also try cleaning your windows thoroughly, oils and dirt will hold water and cause more condensation. Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk
  9. 2003 ibiza alarm

I cant post links because I haven't made 15 posts.. Its thread number #285371 on here, should be in the FAQ or guides section. Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk
  10. 2003 ibiza alarm

So the immobilizer is disconnected. The immobilizer is what is usually wired up to the ignition key housing, so I presume because it is not wired in the alarm does not know you have the correct key in the ignition.. It does also sound like your drivers side door lock micro switch isn't...
  11. Ibiza Rear Wiper Blades

As far as I am aware the rear wiper isn't an MOT test item, so I don't think he can fail the car on it. Can't help with whether they are special items or not, I don't think most people ever change them. According to EuroCarParts its a 'standard' aero rear wiper. Bosch P/N A330H, but they might...
  12. 6l 2008

Welcome.. I also bought 57 plate 6L recently ago! What spec is the car? Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk
  13. H7R Kits YES or NO

All the cars I've owned have had halogen bulbs fitted. Albeit Phillips xtreme vision 100%/130% in H4 headlights and now Bosch Pure lights to the H7 lights in my Ibiza, based on one of the tests online. Unless your eyesight is bad, a decent halogen bulb should produce plenty of light onto the...
  14. what have you done to your car today ?

Serviced it, washed it, found out that the boot lock isn't working. Stripped the boot lock out and the actuator motor is dead, need to find a new one! Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk
  15. Milltek Exhaust

You could try a place called STG Performance in Wakefield for a custom one. I had one made up for my '71 VW Camper by then for about £280. Obviously that's not got a cat on it but worth having a chat with them. Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk
  16. Best value HPi check?

I use total car check. Appears to be one of the cheapest at £8.99 including finance check. Or £14.99 for 3 different car checks. Can't post a link cos I'm a new member Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk
  17. Hi from Leeds.

Hope you've all had a good weekend. I've put a deposit down on a 57 plate Ibiza 1.4 Sport today, picking it up late next week. Currently own a 1.0 litre X reg Yaris and a 1971 Californian Import VW Camper. My first car was a 1972 VW Beetle, its fair to say I'm a bit of a VW aircooled nut but...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.