Search results

1. Cupra rocks at Castle Combe!

Hi All Poverty, i have been looking in to transmission lost over last hour or so... My findings are as follows on an Evo it is about 40/45 bhp... The K1 is about 15/25kgs lighter than an Evo 9 ... K1 = 1385/1375.... Evo 9 = 1400.... Now bear in mind not all but a fair few Evos run...
  2. Cupra rocks at Castle Combe!

Hi All Poverty...Cheers for your quick and honest reply...;) Yes i have been in a std k1 nice car...But not as quick as the A4dtm i had tuned with Revo... I love the seat brand & vag group cars as a whole.... Like i said i have owned many and all were tuned using Revo or Apr.... The only...
  3. Cupra rocks at Castle Combe!

Hi ALL Only my 2p worth....:D First off.... Poverty i do not think for 1 minute a std K1 will get any where close to an Evo340.....the Evo would...cough cough leave you in its dust ....Thats not beging nasty just fact.... The Evo would get to 100 and be waiting around for a full 5 secs...
  4. spark plug upgrades ? is it worth it

Hi Cupra 79 I dont think there will be an up date as you cannot feel anything for just changing plugs on a std car to be honest ;) But on a modded car you can feel if the plugs are not performing . Cheers
  5. painting standard alloys black?

Hi To get wheels painted would cost about £45 a wheel. Also Degzy Only one thing to mention about powder coating IS they should not do it at the std temp for powder coating. Which i think is 220 but about 180 because i have heard about this weakening the alloy and the wheels breaking up :cry:
  6. REVO Trial

Traumapat is spot on about modding a car its a very slippery slope !! :lol: But very good fun ;) I started out with an 51 Plate Ibiza Cupra with Revo and its been down hill ever since :doh: 1 Leon Cupra R 4 TT's 1 A4 DTM 3 Focus ST's 2 Fiesta ST's 1 Scoobie And the latest 1 Evo :D...
  7. Best Brake Pads To Stop Brembos Squeeking

Hi As stewbie55 has said ;) Copper slip on anti squeal shim will work wonders. Cheers
  8. spark plug upgrades ? is it worth it

Hi If the car is std then normal plugs will do ;) You will gain zero in performance otherwise. I use iridium plugs as the spark is stronger and they are less prone too have the spark affected when running high boost & compression in a tuned engine ( i think the term is spark blow out ) As...
  9. The 348PS Cupra! Forge Twin Intercooler Installed!

Hi Rob Not sure but i know it was uprated to the normal 200bhp 2ltr engine's fitted in other A4's. Cheers
  10. The 348PS Cupra! Forge Twin Intercooler Installed!

Nice motor Dan :clap: Dan can i ask how much the work and parts cost to get the 380 horse's ? (dont worry i understand if you dont want to say) As i said earlier i have seen post's on Audi TT forum where it cost's about 13k for 405bhp conversion and 25k for the 450 one. I had a A4DTM 2ltr fsi...
  11. The 348PS Cupra! Forge Twin Intercooler Installed!

Wicked 380bhp ;) I bet that pulls like a train ? Probably 0-60 around 5 secs 0-100 in 10 secs Is that with just std turbo with re-map, exhaust,induction kit or do you have to uprate rods & internals etc ? Cheers
  12. The 348PS Cupra! Forge Twin Intercooler Installed!

Hi Zboyd Your spot on with the suspension :clap: I dont know about the Leon but with the Evo i have, it has a good suspension setup, But you can have it re-tracked to a more aggressive fast road setup ;) I know that with the new 2ltr fsi Turbo engine you can get a 405bhp tuning package at a...
  13. The 348PS Cupra! Forge Twin Intercooler Installed!

I know the std brakes are good i have had a Leon Cupra R ;) But if you are re-mapping the car by another 60/100bhp it will push the brakes to there limit if you are going the give the car a good thrashing. Brembo's are a good brake system but they are let down by poor quality soft discs that...
  14. The 348PS Cupra! Forge Twin Intercooler Installed!

As earlier in the thread you cannot tell if the discs are fitted the right way around just by looking at the groves on the outside of the disc ;) These groves are just there to clean the face of the pads. Because they are vented the way the vents or vanes are positioned and cut out or cast...
  15. how much bhp can i go up to before i have to upgrade the injectors?

Hi BEAR I purchased it last week mate. If your looking for a Evo go nowhere else but here !! (see link) Real good people most are Ex Ralliart and Know how to look after people and have a history with fast Evos from the very start. (They have even done special limited edition cars) Ask for...
  16. how much bhp can i go up to before i have to upgrade the injectors?

Hi Bear I have found a really good way to keep my Evo clean :p Have one of these for the wife ;) Now the Mrs wont have to curb my wheels :lol: Cheers
  17. how much bhp can i go up to before i have to upgrade the injectors?

I dont think my car is any better than yours Bear ;) They are just different mate !! I love the look of the scoobie from side and rear,but think the Evo is more aggresive from front on. Just had the AP'S fitted and had to buy some wheels as the off set was no good for the speedlines that were...
  18. how much bhp can i go up to before i have to upgrade the injectors?

Cheers lofer !! My Mrs thinks its 5hit :rolleyes: worst car we have ever had !!! But do i care ;) :D Just noticed bear your front calipers are opposite to the Evos. Mine are leading Yours trailing (first time i have ever noticed that) And my mate has a scooby ! Catch you later. Cheers
  19. how much bhp can i go up to before i have to upgrade the injectors?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/629/hksevo9gp6.jpg http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8595/hksevo9adx3.jpg http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/7227/evo1hg9.jpg http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7906/evo3ae5.jpg http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/9194/evo2ml5.jpg...
  20. how much bhp can i go up to before i have to upgrade the injectors?

Hi bear you have pm mate :help: Cheers