Search results

1. Hawkers

Leon 184 FR Help Needed

I think it's oil ash residue being the bottom ash, mine attached for comparison
  2. Hawkers

Leon 184 FR Help Needed

Sounds like it really needs a regen, I think that is full. Generally it does one every 200 miles and takes around 15-20 minutes to complete. When it is doing one you will notice things such as the gear indicator tells you to change down gears nearer 1k revs. Revs will sit at 1k revs on idle...
  3. Hawkers

Leon 184 FR Help Needed

The slight rumble and pressure warning could be linked. Have you had a good check of the tyre, make sure there isn't any nails anywhere? Also it could have lost some wheel weights. Might be worth a tyre shop checking it. It's not actually checking the pressure of the tyre but any changes in...
  4. Hawkers

Advice - considering 2016 Leon FR 184 TDI

The 184 is a good engine with a nice amount of power. Reliable if looked after, had mine for a few years now. 2015 on 66k miles. I wouldn't say 10.5k is a ridiculous price, probably the going rate at the moment. There isn't lots of them about and the used car market has gone up in price. The...
  5. Hawkers

Leon FR TDI 184 Remap

Was this a reputable tuner or a backstreet garage? This is a revo stage 1 if anyone interested in the graph.
  6. Hawkers

Long Cranking 184

Ah OK wasn't sure. Well mine has been at 50% and 70% and haven't had it not start yet.
  7. Hawkers

Long Cranking 184

With the key in the ignition but not turned, close the doors and hold the trip button until it says battery charge, release button and see if you get a percentage.
  8. Hawkers

Long Cranking 184

Mine frequently likes to chug away when starting for a good couple of seconds sometimes, never not started though. Sounds like a proper diesel.
  9. Hawkers

Leon 184

If that picture is of your car then looks great with the bodykit. Yes you'll get good gains from a remap 220-230bhp usually and more torque, pulls very strong when on boost :)
  10. Hawkers

"warning: slow traffic on the..." announcement

Have you tried the volume area for this: Announcements : To set the playback volume of announcements, for example traffic announcements
  11. Hawkers

Exhaust gasses smell after DPF delete

Sounds like a diesel isn't for you if you found the need to remove the DPF. What kind of journeys were you doing?
  12. Hawkers

Cupra loosing boost pressure randomly

Hopefully they can pressure test the air intake and the boost pipes, if any leaks then smoke they pump round will show where the leak is.
  13. Hawkers

Cupra loosing boost pressure randomly

See if a garage can do a smoke test for you.
  14. Hawkers

Questioning whether there's really a point to owning a performance car these days?

Do some track days then you won't care about having fun on the road anymore.
  15. Hawkers

Air Con "hiss"

You've got a leak in the system and that is your gas escaping. Common place is the front mounted condenser where a stone has pierced it causing a hole.
  16. Hawkers

Installation - MIB2 Stereo Sat Nav DAB UNIT

Did you buy the screen and glovebox unit off ebay? Was the full link activated? Did the units require any extra coding to your vehicle?
  17. Hawkers

Rear washer squirting under drivers dashboard

Washer bottle is passenger side. Check under the bonnet for pipes going across the car from the passenger footwell.
  18. Hawkers

Leon Leak

Is the insulation under the bonnet in a good state? Are the drainage holes clear around the wiper area?
  19. Hawkers

Seat Leon 184 TDI Belt Whine

No it hasn't come back fingers crossed of course. It was this year he had it done though and is a 16 plate. They initially changed something (tensioner maybe?) and it kept doing it. He then went back and they changed the whole cambelt etc.
  20. Hawkers

Seat Leon 184 TDI Belt Whine

One of my colleagues had this problem and he had a new cambelt and tensioners under warranty. It took SEAT a couple of times to get it right and would only happen on a cold start.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise