Search results

1. jadajo38

Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

In this original review you stated that the same mount is used for the 1.4 engine (which i have) does this mean the same mod would have the same effect? As even on the 1.4 150ps stage 1 mapped to 205ps suffers with cruel wheel hop. If this is correct does anyone know which version of the 034...
  2. jadajo38

Lowering springs

Yes I'm running eibach sport lines on BBS Ch's.. Unfortunately I've yet to figure out how to post photos on here :shrug: Feel free to have a look at my Instagram though @59jdj :D
  3. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

UPDATE: My pride and joy is with Forge Motorsport for development creating an induction kit (potentially a DV too, if they have enough time) as we speak! Car is coming back tomorrow, but nay not receive the finished product for a week or two as if they decide to use silicon hoses they may...
  4. jadajo38

Where in wales are you from / Local Area Meets

I've been thinking about starting a "Seat South Wales" page on facebok, would many people be interested in it? Obviously all welsh seat owners would be welcome if i were to organise stands at show etc. if there was enough interest?
  5. jadajo38

1.4 TSI intake

Well if I was designing it I would put it in the big empty area on the right hand side in front of the battery. Having said that mind where their box is, is where the cold air comes in through the grille Think I'm gonna get one on payday :)
  6. jadajo38

1.4 TSI intake

After a lot of searching I've just come across this kit from MST Performance in America. http://www.mst-performance.com/products/2015-vw-golf-mk7-14tsi-cold-air-intake-system Anyone one here got one? Worth the money?
  7. jadajo38

Definitely!
  8. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

The way I look at it if it was a second hand car you wouldn't have a warranty anyway it's just a risk you take, so the fact it's a new car doesn't bother me haha
  9. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

Got my homebrew open filter on ran it for a few weeks and it was noticeably down on power, even if I did get some sort of heat shield made I don't think it would've been enough My advice would be to hold out for a decent induction kit to come on the market, maybe get an uprated panel filter...
  10. jadajo38

I'd definitely be interested but I'm useless with organising :shrug:
  11. jadajo38

nope not at all haha, we should organize a welsh Seat meet!
  12. jadajo38

im often down there or cwmbran most sundays with my club Status:Modified
  13. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

I'm pretty sure a trade seller on this forum sells a heat shield, possibly badger5?
  14. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

Like I said I'm not a mechanic but it may have a different name but it should have some form of air flow sensor, I'd be very shocked if it hasn't
  15. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

Not all pipercross are oiled, just like not all K&N are oiled MAF stands for mass air flow, to be honest I'm not sure how you would clean it as I'm not a mechanic, I've just heard horror stories of them becoming coated and breaking
  16. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

Yeah open filters are much louder Stock filter on the 1.4tsi ACT are changed every 2 years or 20,00 miles because of the long service intervals Just be careful with K&N because if it's an oiled filter the oil can coat the MAF sensor and cause some problems
  17. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

It's on but it's slapped on at the moment, need to make a few adjustments before I put a photo up, I highly misjudged the size of the filter though, it's tiny :doh: K&N are generally cotton, pipercross tend to be foam Personally I prefer foam as the cotton ones are ridged so more dirt...
  18. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

Eventually yes, once the filter and piping is all on place one of the engineers in work is going to take some measurements to make one for me out of aluminium which I'm then going to have powder coated by a mates dad. When the heat shield is in place then I'll run in some tidy cold air ducting...
  19. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

Might be worth putting the part number into eBay to see if it comes up any cheaper? Honestly mate it's nothing, 2 silicon 90 degree elbows and about 600mm of 2.5" pipe, the factory air box pretty much just pulls off Had an email saying my cone filters been despatched should be here tomorrow...
  20. jadajo38

1.4TSI 150 induction kit

Just checked the pipercross website and they're £38 :)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.