Search results

1. Spring change

I've got to change a front coil spring on my Mk1 Cupra PD150. I've changed front springs before but I've been reading a lot about changing the top mount and bearing at the same time while the strut is out. Any information on this? It's not something I've done on other cars.
  2. Scuttle vent

This as always been taped up since I got the car, pealing it back it looks like someone has put a thin layer of resin or something over it and then covered it in tape. Question is, why? I keep thinking about taking it off...
  3. PD150 poor mpg

Thanks Adam, I'm hoping it doesnt get to that stage but we'll see how it goes. I've just replaced the temp sensor (easy job) and the thermostat (a little more awkward, but I didn't remove the alternator or anything like that) As I've changed both I don't know which was causing my...
  4. PD150 poor mpg

Checked the company Touran at work and that reached 88c, so I guess by coincidence both cars have a little issue. I've ordered a thermostat, fresh coolant and a temp sensor so I'll report back as and when....
  5. PD150 poor mpg

Mine is MPG from the trip computer Sockpuppet...... thanks for the comment... what I find weird is I used my OBD reader on my Alhambra for work this morning and that was within a degree of the Leon.... running at 77c and the lowest was 72c. So either its normal, or both my cars have an issue??
  6. PD150 poor mpg

I've checked my coolant temperature tonight using the torque app, I'm getting a Max of 78c, granted it's 4.5c ambient temp but that does seem low to me. Anyone? I'm wondering if it's the thermostat or the temperature sender?
  7. PD150 poor mpg

I'll see what mine says tonight.
  8. PD150 poor mpg

That is really tempting then, I presume everything looks correct in the picture? With me not being too up on the Leon, I don't know what I should be looking for! :rofl:
  9. PD150 poor mpg

AK, I'll get back with some more figures later I can understand avoiding the Chinese turbo, but alloy tube I'd say is a far simpler thing. As long the bends are right and tolerances? I reckon the Darkside or Allard kits probably use Chinese tubing, just bent over here? Theres a hell of a...
  10. PD150 poor mpg

Thanks Sockpuppet. I'll give it a run out and monitor the water temp. So we are saying it should run at 90*c when fully warmed up? measured from the OBD2 and NOT the gauge? Can the Torque OBD app be trusted for measuring boost figures? I was looking on ebay at hard pipe kits, my cars...
  11. PD150 poor mpg

I recall it's only had a couple of owners before me and I've no recollection of it having had the camshaft changed. I do know they suffer issues but I would have thought it would have been a little more obvious. Why would that cause poor MPG? The engine runs smooth and quiet, no tappet/upper...
  12. PD150 poor mpg

No it doesn't take too long to warm up. Quite quick for a diesel really. I have an Alhambra too, and that does take ages to warm up! No fault codes and no lights on the dash This was driving fairly steady, but keeping up with traffic. Completely normal driving.
  13. PD150 poor mpg

Can anyone advise on improving the MPG from my 2003 Cupra PD150? Today, driving to work which is under 30 miles, with a mixture of roads I got 37MPG, this was steady driving. To me that is terrible as I keep seeing figures of 50 being quoted! The car seems to run fine, smooth etc. I...
  14. PD150 cambelt guide

Does anyone have a guide to changing the cambelt and waterpump on a PD150 Mk1 Leon?
  15. Audi wheel centers

Hi all, I've just got some Audi RS4 style 5x100 18" wheels for my Mk1 Cupra They currently have center caps like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-AUDI-146mm-Alloy-Wheel-Centre-Rim-HUB-Caps-8D0601165K-TT-A6-A8-RS4-RS6-S-Line-/152070946159?hash=item2368227d6f:g:1hoAAOSwa-dWpfCk Can...
  16. Door module help!!

Matty/Spudboy.... you were spot on.... thankfully I realised this after an hour of fiddling about! Plugged it in and the interior light came on.... bingo! Theres one to remember for next time.
  17. Door module help!!

I went with that ebay one as it was the only one that came up with a matching part number to mine, 3b2837015L
  18. Door module help!!

I've just changed the door module in my other halfs Mk1 due to the original not locking the passenger door, I've plugged the module into the loom and temp fitted the metal doorcard in place with a couple of the bolts. It doesn't seem to do anything at all, and I've noticed the interior light...
  19. Door module bracket

Hi all, Can anyone tell me if its possible to get a new plastic bracket which holds the front door modules on? As seen stick up vertically in this pic.... I managed to break the lug when I removed the unit. Also the module, 3B2837015L doesn't seem common! Apart from one unit from...
  20. PD150 exhaust

I decided to buy the petrol one off ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141896093971?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT for the price it works out cheaper than buying a pattern backbox from GFS etc so hopefully it'll fit and being stainless will last as long as I have...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise