Search results

1. SEAT Mii electric review (2020)

I can confirm that the method Jimbocook described works for me too. The only thing I would get you to check is whether the Wallbox might be ‘locked’ in some way? I know that with my phone app I can set a locked instruction so that no one else can use it - this locking facility is there in case...
  2. SEAT Mii electric review (2020)

Really good review jimbob. I have owned a Mii electric since July and I am very happy with it and I agree with almost all of your observations. One important correction is that there is a USB connection outlet just behind the phone holder. I use this all the time and like the set up even...
  3. SEAT Drive/Connect Apps

I am having a test drive tomorrow in a Mii electric and was trying to find the Apple version of the Connect App because of its functionality in monitoring charging/setting charging times etc. I have an iPhone XR and have no intention of buying an Android phone to get it working. It appears...
  4. Electric Mii

I have ordered one of these and it is being built first week in March. I did compare it to the Zoe and found that it was another £8000 to get similar spec - e.g metallic paint, winter pack. farrar says “might as well pay the extra” - well that ‘extra’ is a bit too much for me! I accept that the...
  5. New Ateca

Great write-up Tell! Really enjoyed reading about your experience. Glad you measured the boot height below parcel shelf. In my Yeti, which has a spare wheel, the height from boot floor to underside of parcel shelf is only 44 cm. I will be going for 2WD so should have even more space then. At...
  6. New Ateca

Another broker has come up with a full configurator - Autoebid. Showing 10% discount on car price and 12% on options. As Tell says we should put our feet up and wait for Seat to release final specifications and see what happens then.
  7. New Ateca

Hi Tell - I read that the Ateca will be on show at the Silverstone Fleet Show on May 11. Don't know if that helps.
  8. New Ateca

I have heard from my local dealer that there has been a delay in the start date for orders for the new Ateca. Orders now start in June but still hoping to have September delivery. No reasons given - but disappointing for anyone wanting to order now.
  9. New Ateca

Broker configurators becoming available I've been keeping my eye on the broker sites - manufacturers feed them their model details as they become available. Broadspeed's is the first one I found that has a full configurator available. Amazingly, they have healthy discounts at launch - from...
  10. New Ateca

When I contacted my local Seat dealer to register my interest in the Ateca, he said they were hopeful about getting a LHD Ateca before September to let people see/try it because there has been so much interest. Maybe you could ask locally if that is a possibility?
  11. New Ateca

Seat.com - more info I found a website that gives more information about the Ateca. I tried to post a link but I am not allowed! If you try seat.com/carworlds/suv-ateca/technology you might find it. It mentions Reference and Style models but is in English. The website has headings like...
  12. New Ateca

Interestingly, I have just had an e-mail from Seat Customer Relations saying the Adaptive Cruise Control will be available on the Ateca manual gearbox cars as part of a pack. So either they have had a re-think or it was a mistake all along. At any rate, for me, that puts the Ateca back in the...
  13. New Ateca

Better choice on the continent! Further to rambalat's post I had a look at the configurators in France and Germany and compiled the comparison below: Engine/gearbox/options availability UK S 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed manual; 1.6 TDi diesel 6 speed manual SE 1.0 TSi petrol 6 speed...
  14. New Ateca

I contacted Skoda UK to ask if it was a mistake that Adaptive Cruise Control is not available with manual gearbox models. They replied quickly, which was good. Unfortunately they confirmed ACC will only be an option with DSG models at launch. This seems silly since ACC is available from SE...
  15. New Ateca

Full price list has been published on Seat UK webste - link below: Tried to post a link - not done 15 posts - so not allowed! The factory fit options seem reasonably priced but disappointed it seems you cannot specify Adaptive Cruise Contol with manual gearbox - hopefully I'm wrong. Also...
  16. Leon ST SE Business Technology model

I am considering moving from a Yeti to a Leon ST. I noticed on the Worldcarfans website in August that Seat intend to introduce a Business Technology version. (Sorry - not allowed to post a link yet!) The extra items added to SE spec mentioned in the article would interest me. However this...
  17. New member hoping to buy Leon

Thanks for the welcome mty12345! Probably looking at a new 150PS diesel. I heard there was to be an SE Business Technology model in the UK but it is not on the cofigurator. Failing that SE Technology fits the bill.
  18. New member hoping to buy Leon

I currently own a Skoda Yeti but fancy a change to another VAG car in the next year or so. I have looked at a Golf SV but, being old-fashioned, I am not keen on the electronic parking brake. So I have started to look at a Leon and have been impressed with reviews I have read and watched. I am...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.