Search results

1. Upia

Brake lights not working, 3rd top light is.

I inspected the earth point in the rear, scuffed up the connections and reattached them. They were all fine beforehand, no corrosion or damage anyway. I’ve got it booked in Friday so will hopefully find out what the issue is once and for all then. This was the earth point I got to. There’s...
  2. Upia

So today whilst in the dark I noticed my passenger sidelight come on whilst pressing the brake pedal. Could this be an issue with the CCM all along? Is there a specific part number for Seat or are they interchangeable from VW/Skoda etc
  3. Upia

Ah I’ll have to scan later today and see! My engine light is constantly on due to the SAI being iffy, so I wouldn’t know if it’s also throwing up something to do with lights. speaking of LEDs, I do have led tail lights but not brake lights, I wonder if that is also messing with it? Something...
  4. Upia

Well thanks for the thought anyway, I’ll see if I can get a mate to help sometime this week. I’ll update the thread if I get it sorted, nothing worse than looking over threads of problems that are years old and there’s no solution.
  5. Upia

I’m in South Derbyshire, near Burton upon Trent. Edit: I see you are Derbyshire too, I’m Swadlincote specifically, but Derbyshire is pretty big lol.
  6. Upia

I bought a new pair of bulbs but also swapped the fog light bulbs over, the brake light bulbs illuminate as fog lights. I haven’t checked voltage as I can’t measure the socket and press the pedal. is the earth in the boot under the lining somewhere?
  7. Upia

Hi all, I’ve had a good search around but couldn’t find any threads with the same issue that was resolved. I’ve noticed my rear brake lights don’t work, the bulbs are fine, the fuse is fine and the wiring doesn’t appear to be damaged where it’s visible. I’ve ordered a brake switch and intend...
  8. Upia

Stream of water, not door card, passenger side.

Guess I'll check mine now, didn't even think of water getting in there when I swapped my ecu and just threw the plastic back on.
  9. Upia

Door Card Upholstery

If you mean the part where you'd rest your elbow, I've seen people take it off and re-adhere it with upholstery adhesive, the kind you get in a can, they sell it at B&M and the likes for about a fiver. You'd have to take the whole fabric part away from where's it's fixed though.
  10. Upia

ECU changed, supposedly PnP, not working...

Ok I'll have a look around. Not too bothered about returning it, was £37 posted so it's not the end of the world, gives me a spare ECU to play around with I suppose. Thanks for the info.
  11. Upia

I think you guys are right. I reconnected the ECU, tried a regular fault code scan and no codes found, however the car/key light is flashing on the dash (as shown in image, ignore the airbag light, seats are R32 and I can't get rid of it). Is there anyway I can remove the immobiliser from this...
  12. Upia

Oh right, I do indeed, I plan on hooking the ECU back up today and scanning to see what it says, I was a little gung ho yesterday and didn't have time to faff. I also have access to Vagcom too but I have no experience with ECU related stuff. I'll post up my findings. My car is 2005, I've read...
  13. Upia

So I swapped my ecu this morning to one I recently bought from eBay. The car does start but then cuts out about a second later so I'm assuming the immo is correctly disabled on the new ECU. Could it be cutting out due to the map being incorrect for my setup? Was told it was from the same engine...
  14. Upia

Fuel pump APS different fitment?

Hi, wondered if anyone has any info that could help me with fitting an APS fuel pump. I have an 05 1.8t 20v, engine AUQ, and I recently bought an APS 265lph, however my current fuel pump has an extra hose on top, about half the diameter of the main line (aps pump does not have a space for this)...
  15. Upia

what have you done to your car today ?

Did an oil change and changed fuel filter today. First time I've done it on this car, no idea when it was done before I owned it, but the oil was pretty bad.
  16. Upia

Oversized TIP AUQ

Hi guys, I know there's quite a few threads about this already but I can't find a definitive answer. Today I attempted to fit a CMS TIP on my 05 AUQ FR, got all the old one off no problem, but the hard coolant pipe I've read about is truly in the way. I see a lot of mention of undoing it and...
  17. Upia

what have you done to your car today ?

Changed the LCD light in my gamma stereo from blue to red, so it matches the rest :D
  18. Upia's FR

Upia's FR

Mk1 1.8t FR
  19. 20211016_142855.jpg

20211016_142855.jpg

20. 20211016_142843.jpg

20211016_142843.jpg