Search results

1. Thai-wronghorse

Breaking - 2004 Seat Leon mk1 Cupra R 1.8T BAM (Modified)

Breaking - 2004 Seat Leon mk1 Cupra R 1.8T BAM (Modified) - Red **parts only, this is not available complete** Toyosports downpipe Milltek exhaust system Forge diverter valve CM Oversized silicone TIP Cloude 9 Oil catch can kit Creation Motorsport front mount intercooler Silicone boost...
  2. Thai-wronghorse

Breaking - 2004 Seat Leon mk1 Cupra R 1.8T BAM (Big turbo + forged) - Silver LS7N

Breaking - 2004 Seat Leon mk1 Cupra R 1.8T BAM (Big turbo + forged) - Silver LS7N **parts only, this is not available complete** Engine rebuilt with Maxspeeding forged rods & ARP main studs Mamba GTX3071R turbo Tubular top mount manifold Tial wastegate & screamer pipe TFSI coil packs Silicone...
  3. Thai-wronghorse

BREAKING: 2003 Seat Leon mk1 Cupra R 1.8T - modified

BREAKING: 2003 Seat Leon mk1 Cupra R 1.8T - modified Nicely specced and maintained car with plenty of goodies & modifications to pull off. Devil Developments mapped - 303bhp AET K04 turbo Badger5 ported & polished Chinafold to match turbo Bosch 550cc injectors DW65V intank fuel pump 4 bar FPR...
  4. Thai-wronghorse

BREAKING: Seat Leon mk1 Cupra R 1.8T BAM - platinum grey LS7U

BREAKING: Seat Leon mk1 Cupra R 1.8T BAM - platinum grey LS7U Engine & gearbox both work great... shame about the horrific suspension set up. *This is for parts only so don't waste my time asking to buy the whole car! * * Bola B7 8.5x18 alloy wheels * Recaro front seats * Cloth armrest *...
  5. Thai-wronghorse

Rear axle beam torque specifications

Does anyone know the torque specifications for the rear beam brackets to chassis bolts and bush pivot bolts? Thanks Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  6. Thai-wronghorse

Downpipe fouling firewall has me baffled!

I'm desperate for suggestions on resolving this bloody issue. As some of you may know I did an engine swap in my LCR and this entailed taking the complete engine, engine mounts and downpipe amongst other things from a donor vehicle. The donor had no problems with knocking or vibration and I...
  7. Thai-wronghorse

Thai's grey mk1 Cupra R

Well after many years of mooching around on here and a plethora of VAG related groups over on Facebook I thought it was about time I started making some kind of documentation of how I spend the vast majority of my time and hard earned cash! As some of you may already know I've had a long line...
  8. Thai-wronghorse

Steering geometry advice

Having just completely overhauled my steering and suspension I took the R in for a full 4 wheel alignment today as it was a mile off and drove like crap. As you can see by the attached image, the toe and thrust angle have been corrected but I'm curious as to why the castor is off, albeit even...
  9. Thai-wronghorse

Anyone running 235/40/18 tyres on their mk1?

I've recently acquired a set of 18" Ronal Cupra R alloy wheels from one of my breakers to go on my FR TDI and will be getting them refurbished in the next few weeks but was wondering about tyre sizes. The stock tyres on them are 225/40/18 and plan to replace them all with a decent set of 4...
  10. Thai-wronghorse

Replacement H&R anti roll bar fitting kits?

I've just acquired a pair of H&R anti roll bars for my mk1 Leon (almost a mk4 Golf) and on stripping them down from the rear beam the retaining straps snapped off due to rust and crap. Has anyone managed to source these clamps separately or even a complete fitting kit which includes the front...
  11. Thai-wronghorse

Odd indicator & interior lighting behaviour?

The past couple of weeks I've noticed some unusual behaviour from few different electrical areas of the car but I'm pretty convinced they're related. 1. Occasionally the interior lighting seems to only illuminate very dimly when the car is unlocked or the door is opened. 2. Sometimes the...
  12. Thai-wronghorse

Electric rear window retro fit requirements?

My son has just bought a 1.6 S mk1 which is very basically equipped including manual wind up rear windows. I was just contemplating giving the bits and pieces to convert to an electric set up but wanted to clarify what was required exactly. Obviously he'll need both rear door regulator panels...
  13. Thai-wronghorse

My latest dashboard upgrades (Bora Sport full FIS clocks)

I just thought I'd share a few upgrades you can make to a mk1 dashboard with a bit of time and effort. These are some of the on going labour's of love with my FR TDI cockpit... Bora Sport full FIS immo3 clocks with all extras activated, white backlighting, red displays instead of blue. W8...
  14. Thai-wronghorse

Can I fit a 6J Ibiza steering wheel?

I've been looking into changing the steering wheel in my mk1 Leon and wanted something more modern and preferably with a flat bottom and thumb grips. The Seat Ibiza mk5 6J FR wheel fits this criteria and also came with the option to have no radio / cruise control buttons which I don't want...
  15. Thai-wronghorse

1.4 engine variations?

My son has recently passed his driving test and as his first we sourced him a pretty tidy 1.4 Ibiza Sport which has the 99bhp engine from what I understand. I know Seat also did a 1.4 75bhp variation as well as we looked at a few but I'm curious as to gives this particular model it's extra...
  16. Thai-wronghorse

PD150 turbo part number confusion?

I recently acquired the turbo from a PD150 Bora I'm breaking. The previous owner said it had only been on the car for a short time before the cambelt snapped so thought it'd make sense to keep it for my Leon FR TDI. After removing it certainly looks to be good condition with no play in the shaft...
  17. Thai-wronghorse

Vibration through accelerator pedal

I'm not sure if this is coincidental or actually related but yesterday I reconnected my EGR valve after getting bored of seeing the EML on the dash and wanting the benefit of a faster warm up on these chilly mornings. All I did was reattach the flexi metal pipe to the turbo manifold and refit...
  18. Thai-wronghorse

Anyone here used London Turbos?

So after a few months of running my gutless PD150 with its noisy turbo and numerous attempts at trying to work out what's actually wrong with I'm going to bite the bullet and stick another turbo on it. I'm just looking into companies that do rebuilt exchange units and London Turbos came up in...
  19. Thai-wronghorse

Phenolic intake manifold spacers?

I was just doing my usual mooch around eBay for ARL bits and pieces when I stumbled across these phenolic spacers which supposedly bring down intake air temperatures by isolating the cylinder head from the intake manifold. Has anyone have any experience of them or opinions? Look at this on...
  20. Thai-wronghorse

Hub nut torque spec?

I've just changed the nearside CV boot and steering rack boot so obviously had to remove the driveshaft from the hub but I'm struggling to find the torque specs for the 12 pointed nut? Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise