Search results

1. Help needed found white crystals near air box

Its usually a plastic housing ( in my experience). Maybe get the engine up to temp and see if the leak shows itself? Rich
  2. ARL Lost boost

Morning all. Just a quick update. Went on a 150 mile journey yesterday, mostly dual carrageway :D. Gave the car a good clear out. No noticable power increase but a lot smoother through the revs. So it must have done some good. Was as good as gold:). Rich
  3. ARL Lost boost

All back together now. Took it for about a 15 mile run down the local bypass to clear it out. Did feel a little smoother. But hit saturday traffic as soon as i pulled off. Will report back in due coarse. Rich
  4. ARL Lost boost

ok, as i sit here typing my car is on the ramp. Downpipe off and checked for play in the impeller. All good so far. Got the tube from a WD40 can and fitted it to the MM oven cleaner can and filled the housing until it filled with foam. Stuck my finger in (Rubber gloves on) and rotated the...
  5. ARL Lost boost

How much of a can of Mr Muscle did you use? Ill give it a go.
  6. ARL Lost boost

Morning all. Want to pick your brains if thats ok? Got a 2004 TDI 150. Last night i popped out to do a few bits. The car was due a run up the bypass for a clear out as my usual commute to work can be a little trafficy some times. Engine was at full temp as i pulled up the slip road. Just...
  7. Cambelt kit help?

And dont forget your antifreeze.
  8. Cambelt kit help?

Have a see if you have a TPS near to you. Genuine parts at slightly under dealer prices. You cant beat genuine ( money permitting of course).
  9. Loss of bite.....but not clutch?

Going to be dicky rev counter or clutch slipping.
  10. Stereo Issue

Contact the PO. Im sure he/she could point you at the problem. Rich
  11. N/A PD with diesel in the oil??

Afternoon all. Need a bit of help if possible. A friend of mine has a 2005 NA(i think) Caddy (sorry, i know its non Seat but you are a knowlegable lot:)). Havnt seen the van yet but apparently theres oil/diesel mix coming out of the dipstick tube! Anyone have any ideas what could be tipping...
  12. who here has had their Cupra Tdi remapped?

In my case, its an expected figure. Im not bothered about a rolling road session. Just had it done for a little extra oomph. Wich it now has:D.
  13. who here has had their Cupra Tdi remapped?

I had a REVO remap done recently from 150 to 180hp. Feels a slight improvement from before but not as much as i was expecting. That being sead, if i put Shell in it (other expensive diesel is available lol) and not the supermarket stuff it really comes to life :D. EGR not deleted as yet. Rich
  14. Seat Leon 1.9TDI clutch issue

Sometimes itll leak back into the reservoir and not out of the rear of the cylinder ;). Have you checked underneath to make sure theres no brake fluid leaking out from between the engine and the bellhousing?
  15. Seat Leon 1.9TDI clutch issue

Leaking back past the seals in the master cylinder by the sounds of it.
  16. Arrrr knocking noise **video**

Shame you are so far away, id take a look at it for you. If you decide to part the car out, let me know what you want for the downpipe/cat off of it. Cheers Rich
  17. what have you done to your car today ?

Very nice :)
  18. what have you done to your car today ?

Stage 1 remap on my 2004 150pd (yesterday). And not had a chance to see how it goes now. Traffic and speed cameras have put a stop to that. Will report back. Rich
  19. how many miles has everybody done??

166670 mls. Had a fair bit of work since i baught it 17 months ago. So drives realy nice.
  20. huge list of faults, bad earth?

Hows the battery? Being as the faults are intermittent id say the chances are its one common fault. Have you tried clearing the faults, driving it and then plugging in again?