Search results

1. Distant Sun

Warm air con

Glad it's all working again:D Co-incidently, I think ours might be playing up again. When I collected it after it was serviced this week (warmish afternoon) the interior of the car was quite hot so I switched the climate on to 16 degrees. The fans only rose to level 3 and the air didn't...
  2. Distant Sun

Warm air con

Is your external temperature sensor working OK? I'm sure between Seat and Skoda they would have spotted this:blink: but that's what needed replaced when our climate control packed in. Of course, if the outside temp is reading 35 degrees (as ours was) it's kind of easy to spot whats not...
  3. Distant Sun

Will these fit Altea/Toledo???

JE-Design do them for the Altea.
  4. Distant Sun

Aftermarket Alloy Wheels

Two sets of holes on each wheel, one set with PCD 5x112, the other with PCD 5x100. Any clearer?
  5. Distant Sun

Aftermarket Alloy Wheels

Of course, why didn't I think of that:doh: Cheers
  6. Distant Sun

lumpy as hell 2.0FSI

Coil pack went on ours 10 minutes after we drove it off the dealer forecourt for the first time. Replaced under warranty. When similar symtoms occured again we thought it was the coil pack again. Turned out to be damp in the connections of the coil leads. Dealer took them out, dried them and...
  7. Distant Sun

Aftermarket Alloy Wheels

How did you have the same wheels fitted to both the Altea and the Leon (Mk1) when the PCDs are different? Do you mean the same style of wheel?:confused:
  8. Distant Sun

Aftermarket Alloy Wheels

Seat website has two different 18" alloys for the Altea (both 7.5Jx18), one has 51mm offset, the other 54mm. I think generally that 54mm is more common. They come with 225/40 R18 tyres. With regard to photos, Klawit might be able to help you as there are plenty of folks on the German site...
  9. Distant Sun

Stud diameter - please help

I'm guessing as you mention 100 it's the PCD you're looking for which is 5x112, and the offset is 54mm (well it is on the Altea so I assume the Leon is the same)
  10. Distant Sun

Newbie - 2.0FSI Sport Tiptronic

Welcome:wave: Couldn't tell you if my cruise is faulty or not.....I've never used it.
  11. Distant Sun

Water in No.1 Cylinder...(TFSi)

I've had the problem of damp in the connections of the coil leads, as have one or two others with FSi engines. The dealer removed and dried them (it was No.4 on mine) and sealed them back in place with silicone. No problems since. Hope your troubles are something simple rather than serious.
  12. Distant Sun

Wheel size

That's the size of space saver for our Altea, though we have 17" alloys fitted. I'm sure it's the same size for 16" alloys (same rolling radius) so I think you'd be OK with that one.
  13. Distant Sun

spacesaver tyre and wheel

At the time I tried to get a space saver for our Altea there where two different sizes available in Europe, 16" and 18", but only 18" in UK (as far as I know). The tyre size for the 18" was T125/70 R18. From the thread below there are links to the German Seat forum (provided by Klawit) which...
  14. Distant Sun

New Altea XL launched.

Thanks for that ZBOYD.:D Is there anything else in the VAG range using the 1.8TFSi or is the Altea XL the first. The engine range is starting to get confusing. First the 1.4TFSi was to replace the 2.0FSi, now the 1.8TFSi is available with similar bhp to the 2.0FSi. I assume the 1.8TFSi...
  15. Distant Sun

New Altea XL launched.

4car are talking about it being available with a 1.8T Fsi engine putting out 160bhp, but it's not in the official press release above. Where do they get this stuff from? Does a 1.8T FSi even exist?:confused:
  16. Distant Sun

2006 Leon Light Brows And Rear Spoilers

You can get JE-Design from Superspeed in Edinburgh.:D Tel: 0131 3164200 Email: [email protected] Don't know about ICC but will let you know if I find anything.
  17. Distant Sun

New Leon Cupra "weight reduction"

According to 4car the S3 has: "aluminium pivot bearings and wishbones to reduce weight"
  18. Distant Sun

2.0 FSi or 2.0 TDi

We have the 2.0FSi Sport with the 17" wheels and we love it. I'm not a diesel fan myself so I'm biased but I find the 2.0FSi a really good engine, it pulls well (almost feels like a diesel torque wise). I know there have been problems with it in Audis etc but so far I can't fault it. Only...
  19. Distant Sun

New wheels and a bit of a clean! for the LC

Changes the look completely, and they sit nicely in the arches even without a suspension drop. Hadn't seen these fitted to a pre-facelift before. I'm really tempted to upgrade mine now.:think: What width and offset are they?
  20. Distant Sun

External Temp Sensor/Aircon

Got a call from the dealer a 4 o'clock to say that its taken longer than anticipated to strip the car down to get at the seal and they don't have time to put it all back together again today. Won't be ready until tomorrow lunchtime. Oh well, let's just hope they don't end up with a load of...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.