Search results

1. Exeo values

They've always been about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool. I sold a 12 plate SE Tech with 58,000 on in December last year for £5,700 IIRC. Don't know why I had 2 I thought they were great. Also you need to bear in mind the current cost of personal contract hire. Currently you can...
  2. Car diagnostic tool, worth buying?

VCDS and a cheapo cable Download VCDS and get a cheap cable off ebay.
  3. maybe new owner

Depends on what you're buying at auction. British car auctions now own WebuyanyCar. Anything you sell to WBAC is turned out at a BCA auction. If you get a BCA assured car, these are generally ex-lease vehiles and come with warranted mileage,an AA mechanical and condition report and you...
  4. maybe new owner

Price is a pi$$ take. Get yourself to the auctions. I bought a 12 plate 143 SE tech saloon with 50,000 miles for £6,400 in May '16, which was bang on the auction guide price for this. A lot of dealers won't even take an Exeo in p/x, and if they do they'll just offer less than bottom book...
  5. Sold my EXEO SE Tech 2.0tdi FD12 FTV

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4695281#post4695281 It's at British Car Auctions in the new year - Belle Vue...
  6. Recommend a Seat dealer in NW???

I've got all the gubbins about the emissions based upgrade to my 2.0tdi Exeo. I'm considering getting it done, but according to the Seat website there are now only 2 seat dealers in Gtr Manchester - both owned by Lookers. The other is in Preston owned by Arnold Clark. Based on my previous...
  7. another good bye to an exeo

£7,000!! That's hilarious only a complete numpty would pay that. It's more than I just paid for a 12 plate tech with 50,300 miles.
  8. No radio reception in replacement exeo

I know nowt about radios. There's no reception. Where's the aerial located, is it built into the passenger side pillar, and can I access something behind the glovebox? Probably something is loose or needs cleaning??? 143 SE Tech saloon is the beast.
  9. Another one leaving the building

I was without an Exeo for about 72hrs. The old one went on Saturday, and was replaced yesterday with a grey 143 SE Tech, 12 plate with 50,000 on the clock at BCA Belle Vue. Standard map appears to be a little quicker than the 59 plate it replaced, but I'll probably still get it revo'd. Or...
  10. Another one leaving the building

Might be back in the building next week. Delivery dates ludicrous for A4 and a Polo GTI that I tried to order. Might be buying another Exeo out of the auction next week as the current one goes to the brother-in-law tomorrow. Gutted the current one is sorted with new springs, shocks, discs...
  11. VW massaging emission figures

Article on Daily torygraph about how VAG are buying back over 500,000 emission cheating cars in USA, plus compenstation etc No sign of this in the UK. They'll not give the residents of treasure island a bean if they can help it. Can't post the URL don't have enough posts to do so. Also...
  12. Another one leaving the building

I'm getting a new motor. The Exeo will be up for sale shortly, details will probably be in the for sale section at some point. I will be sad to see it go, but am getting an A4 Avant 1.4TFSI, really cheap on PCH at the moment.
  13. Service Intervals

I should imagine it's 5 years OR around 80,000 miles. Water pump for sure at the same time. I get it serviced every 12 months and change the oil/filter mid year, that's about 9,000 between oil changes.
  14. New Exeo Tdi CR SE owner - Lanarkshire, Scotland

It was the springs that were the issue, shocks a doddle. I couldn't drop the arm low enough to get the spring in. Remap was a generic stage 1 Revo job, done by David Cook Motors in Oldham. Think it was about £400.
  15. New Exeo Tdi CR SE owner - Lanarkshire, Scotland

Feb 2011 I went from a remapped Fabia VRS (179 bhp, 334lb/ft) to a slightly non-standard Exeo S (leather Steering wheel, heated seats) 143 bhp. Took about 2 weeks got it remapped to 181bhp/290lb/ft and it's much more responsive. Put 90,000 virtually trouble free miles on it. Given the trouble...
  16. VW massaging emission figures

Anyone heard anything recently? I'd a letter months ago when this thread started, heard nothing since.
  17. Door card removal

Being a bit heavy handed and scared I might break the clips, anyone know the easiest way of getting the doorcard out? Someone swiped the wing mirror and it's a bit loose. Presuming it's just screwed in from inside and needs tightening up???? Thanks.
  18. pollen filter location ?

Open the bonnet. There's a black plastic cover on the top right. Slide this out. There's another cover underneath, open the 2 clips and slip this off. Replace filter and put it all back together.
  19. Crash bang wallop - broken n/s/r spring

Dunno about fronts but I would imagine that they are more difficult than the rears.
  20. Crash bang wallop - broken n/s/r spring

Update... had the same problem as legohead. Removed shocks, brakes, dropped lower arm and could not get the spring to fit even when compressed. Looked to me like the whole arm has to be removed and then jacked back up with the spring in place. Since I was doing this on the driveway, that...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.