Search results

1. dukemaster17

Car cuts out

I tell that to most of my posts. Diagnostics first and above, easier, cheaper and faster solution. :lol: Glad you shorted that out fast and easy !
  2. dukemaster17

Car cuts out

EPC -> Electronic Power Control I would start by looking the accelerator sensor. Also the other 2 areas i would look for you symptoms are coil packs and MAF. But you have to plug a VagCom to diagnose exactly what's going on by seeing the DTC the car has stored.
  3. dukemaster17

Oil light won't go out! Temp keep randomly flashing!

Yellow oil can means there is a problem with the oil level sensor attached to the bottom of the oil pan. Since you know the oil is full this is a bad sensor or wiring. You will most likely also need to change the oil at the same time since it requires a pan drain. As for temperature add a...
  4. dukemaster17

Crankshaft Sensor

Happy days then !! Problem solved.
  5. dukemaster17

Crankshaft Sensor

The crankshaft sensor is right at the end of the engine block, at the gearbox end.
  6. dukemaster17

Stalling

If you saw oil in the coil packs then I suggest you take a closer look to your valve gasket cover. As for the revs cutting out and no throttle response then I would check maf and O2 sensor. Check O2 sensor for short if shorted then your car will run on limp mode (safe mode) for the problems...
  7. dukemaster17

Stalling

Lean = Leak Check your vacuum hoses there is a leak somewhere. Do a vacuum test to make sure and then check MAF and O2 sensor.
  8. dukemaster17

Flickering lights

The front dome have high voltage sent to them, normally good quality LEDs can handle this, and there are only a few incidents where they flicker, you can purchase a more high power resistor LED for the front domes that can eliminate the issue. The LEDs themselves are probably fine, it is most...
  9. dukemaster17

2001 Leon immobiliser problems - Disable it?

There is a guy on ebay that i found that does this Job. That guy says that removes the Immo on the ECU and no matched key or instrument panel is required. I will sent you his link via pm and you can contact him and ask him about it. The problem (i don't no if it is a problem for you) is that...
  10. dukemaster17

2001 Leon immobiliser problems - Disable it?

You have to pair the ECU with the instrument cluster and of course code the key to the immo so it can start. You can do it with a VAGCOM but only if you know the number (serial number/code) of the old instrument cluster so you can reprograme the new one. Here is a useful guide for you from...
  11. dukemaster17

Toyo fmic

No problem, glad to be able to assist you !!
  12. dukemaster17

Toyo fmic

There you go: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/278741-my-toyosport-fmic-install/
  13. dukemaster17

Engine bay woes

Wtf have they done to your engine bay ? It's like a racoon partied in there.
  14. dukemaster17

Big turbo confusion?!?!

I believe you will achieve 400hp easy for 450 you will need the intake manifold my friend. BHP = Air + Fuel :p (sry couldn't resist) Big Turbo need Large Port in their life unfortunately but that doesn't mean that you can't install a little later. Since you are building it correctly from...
  15. dukemaster17

Big turbo confusion?!?!

Yes i have facebook i will sent it to you via pm. I don't see the reason why you shouldn't hit full boost before 4500rpm with all the things you 've put together. I run 10.5 PSI when i am on city with my boost controller OFF and when i want to have fun i open my boost control and i have 2...
  16. dukemaster17

Progressively harder ride LCR

Have your tyres balanced, alignment will not stop a vibration, only balancing your tyres will. Let me know how your car rides after you have the wheels balanced. As for your ballasts are they secured ? If not them maybe the bumps are causing the ballast to hit and jarring the insides. Also I...
  17. dukemaster17

Arb

As far as i know off from personal experience R32/S3 are direct fit. Damian DPM is more qualified to help you in that manner as a professional but i don't think you have to modify anything. A good idea would be to replace the bushings with polyurethane (like Powerflex). I had an anti roll bar...
  18. dukemaster17

Turbo code

Not sure maybe it's on of them: 06A-145-704-B For the K03S 06A-145-704-LX For the K03 What is your engine code ?
  19. dukemaster17

Big turbo confusion?!?!

In my knowledge Garrett turbochargers have Dual Ball Bearings currently installed from factory and not journal bearings ? Have you found a very old GT3076 with journal bearings on it ? If you install a DBB Gt3076R you will a 15% faster spooling time and response on your setup. Tests...
  20. dukemaster17

Arb

Install an R32/TT/S3 anti roll bar that goes under the driveshaft (second hand maybe which is what i do and cheaper) or install an aftermarket like Whiteline. I wouldn't mess with adjustable drop links.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members