Search results

1. Goodbye SEAT. It's been fun!

Just to wrap this up (I hate it when people don't come back to give a conclusion!) I put a (lease) order in for the new A-class AMG line. Same price as the Focus! I'll miss my Leon. It's been a great car.
  2. Goodbye SEAT. It's been fun!

I’ve liked the ease of a lease. The small deposit and the hand it back before the inevitable big bucks on major services, cam belt, water pump, suspension etc. Also warranty, breakdown, tax included. I do 15,000 - 17,000 a year. Also liked not having to take time off work fixing things.
  3. Goodbye SEAT. It's been fun!

I agree, but unfortunately I didn’t know that three years ago when I took out the lease! 6 months should have been plenty of time for a Cupra or 1.5 FR order, but it seems not at this time. I can’t even get a quote. Anyway, test drove the Focus today. I like a lot about it and the interior has...
  4. Goodbye SEAT. It's been fun!

The lease on my Leon FR 150bhp DSG is up March and I've been trying to order a Cupra (or another FR) as a replacement. No dice. Going today to look at the new Ford Focus ST-Line X. Looks like I may be leaving SEAT ownership soon too. A shame they don't seem able to build cars in a timely...
  5. 2nd variable service - cost?

Wish they had told me that, especially as I spoke to them three times to clarify.
  6. 2nd variable service - cost?

I know that. You know that. Everyone knows that, except it seams my dealer and Seat UK who both insisted it was necessary, and hence required for the lease. I also couldn't book a long life service online because when you try it says to call! So I lost the breakdown too. Humbug.
  7. 2nd variable service - cost?

The minor (long life) isn't £169, at least mine wasn't. It was £240. Long life is also after 1 year THEN every two years/19,000 miles. That's what both my dealer and SEAT UK insisted. Mine was called in to be serviced exactly 1 year from purchase, with 15,000 on the clock. Feel they saw me coming!
  8. Anyone transported 2.4 metre lengths of timber?

You guess wrong. Not as good as personal experience though. It seemed very close.
  9. Anyone transported 2.4 metre lengths of timber?

Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies.
  10. Anyone transported 2.4 metre lengths of timber?

5 door, Leon FR. Will a dozen or so 2.4 metre lengths of timber fit? Anyone tried it? I *think* they should at an angle from passenger side to boot via the gap between the front seats, but don't want to look a complete fool if they don't! :whistle:
  11. Hidden features you didnt know of.

Posted by mistake.
  12. seat have released some software updates

Anyone know what the current versions are for a 2016 Leon FR (Tech pack). My car was serviced yesterday and I was expecting at least a few software upgrades, but versions are still all the same. Hardware: H24 Software: 0245 Navigation database: 6P0919866D 0521 ECE 2016 Media Codec...
  13. Seat Official Servicing with "inclusive" Roadside Assistance - a warning

Has anyone managed to get the breakdown cover when booking online is not given as an option? I've just booked the first service and as it's long-life/variable the Seat online form said it couldn't be booked online and I had to call my dealer to arrange. Not too fussed as I have other cover...
  14. 1st year service - confused. So are dealer+seat uk

Thanks for the reply. The fact the service is due exactly 365 days since purchase is really coincidental but it does seem like long life service based on the mileage.
  15. 1st year service - confused. So are dealer+seat uk

Any one able to shed some light on what service I need and how much it should cost? 2016 Leon FR. 15,000 miles. 1 year old on March 10th. Service light on for "inspection service" due 4000 miles or 30 days. That's exactly one year since new. Seat UK have me down for long life service, but say...
  16. Service intervals 1.4fr 150

My 1.4 FR is due its first service soon. It's on a flexible service (confirmed by Seat) which is 20,000 miles or 1 year (initially) and 2 years thereafter. This is what Seat tell me. I've not heard of the 1 year for new cars until now, but the service display does give this figure (will be due...
  17. Rear axle independent or not? Leon 1.2 Tsi

I took a 1.4 (without) and a 1.8 (with) out back to back and couldn't the tell any difference. My Audi has independent suspension and all it seems to add is expense every time it goes out of alignment, which is often on UK roads. Personally, it wouldn't bother me either way.
  18. New 2016 Lima Green FR

Great colour. I would have loved a British Racing Green (or similar) Leon, but green isn't a colour many manufacturers offer unfortunately. No, we need 27 shades of grey.
  19. Stop/Start advice

On my DSG it switches the engine every off whatever pressure I put on the brake. Often the engine is off before I've even come to a stop. On my colleagues DSG which is a couple if years older, it appears to be less vicious and controllable with the brake pressure. On mine I now disengage...
  20. Leasing- Good, bad or ugly?

The lease on my FR (18,000 miles/pa) with a few extras is £100/month less than the loan for my (now) 8 year old Audi A3. That's mad for a brand new car with warranty and without the maintenance expected on a car that's done over 130,000 miles.