Search results

1. New 2019 BMW M135i XDRIVE set to launch with 302bhp. Thoughts?

Hi guys it looks like the new mlites are incoming later this year and will have AWD. What are your thoughts?. Anyone considering one? https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/1-ser ... ith-302bhp
  2. Keep SEAT Leon Cupra 290 or upgrade to Audi S3 or even Golf R

That is a very good deal. An audi S3 with minimal options is probably close to double the monthly payments than what you are paying with a similar deposit
  3. Keep SEAT Leon Cupra 290 or upgrade to Audi S3 or even Golf R

I think you might miss the Golf R's traction in the winter months. If my Cupra was AWD i certainly wouldnt even consider getting rid. In the summer months it is incredibly fun to drive which is what i am looking forward to now the weather is improving. No doubt come novemeber/december i will be...
  4. Keep SEAT Leon Cupra 290 or upgrade to Audi S3 or even Golf R

Thanks for the replies. I could sell my Cupra privately and use the money from the sale ~£4-5k and put it into my next car. So what would you guys go for Audi S3 or Golf R?. I know the standard answer would be go drive them but i thought the difference was small therefore any advice would be...
  5. Keep SEAT Leon Cupra 290 or upgrade to Audi S3 or even Golf R

Hey guys I have crossed the 3 year point of owning my SEAT Leon Cupra 290. Overall its been good to me and a very fun car with pretty loud DSG farts :D. The main drawback is of course traction in the wet or on cold days and of course mediocre build quality. I purchased the car new (fully loaded...
  6. NEW 2019 Curpa 290 ez.. No DSG bangs or pop whatsoever!

How would you compare it with your golf r? Are you not missing AWD?
  7. SEAT Leon Cupra 290 Error: Workshop! Only leave vehicle in position P

As the car has been remapped it will likely show a TD1 flag regardless if I removed the remap - do you still think they will honour the goodwill gesture? Is there any point in chancing my luck and attempting to extend the warranty now and putting a claim in afterwards?
  8. SEAT Leon Cupra 290 Error: Workshop! Only leave vehicle in position P

Hey guys unfortunately i am getting this error message literally 3 weeks after the warranty has expired. I have read on the VW forums that its likely caused by a fault in the gear selector. Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone have an idea how much this would cost? BTW car is remapped...
  9. Need to switch off Actuator

Easiest way is to unplug ir mate. I also didnt like the fake sound coming from the actuator. There are threads on this forum detailing how to do it with pictures
  10. Switch to a BMW M140i from a Cupra 290?

Hi guys i am offically at the 2 year mark of my SEAT Leon Cupra 290. I have had a good time with it but looking at some of the current deals on the BMW M140i has me seriously tempted. I have approx £18k left to pay on my Cupra which is fully loaded and has about 19k miles on it. Webuyanycar is...
  11. Service Time - Oil Change

Between 60-90 minutes max
  12. Serviced my car at SEAT main dealer with remap on experiment

Just double checked and remap in actually still ON. This essentially means they did NOT flash the ECU or do any diagnostics. They essentially just carried out a simple oil service and pollen filter change. This is still quite important to know as there is false information on this forum...
  13. Serviced my car at SEAT main dealer with remap on experiment

Ill pay around £30 to get it put back on
  14. Serviced my car at SEAT main dealer with remap on experiment

Hi guys just to let you know that i took my SEAT Leon Cupra 290 in for a second service today with my APR stage 1 remap still on. The car was serviced, book stamped with nothing was said to me about the remap and no mention of a TD1 flag. The main reason why i chose to take this risk was my...
  15. Dilemma: Remapped Cupra 290 servicing indie vs dealer

So just to confirm if i take my car in to SEAT for a service with my remap on will it be flagged as TD1? or will this only happen if the dealer is specifically looking for a modification in the context of a warranty claim which could be caused by the modification?
  16. Dilemma: Remapped Cupra 290 servicing indie vs dealer

Hi all, my APR stage 1 remapped Cupra 290 needs its second service next month and i just wanted to find out the general consensus from you all. I am aware of TD1 flag indicating modification to the ECU that dealers could identify even if i revert the car back to stock. Has anyone with a...
  17. Hello, and 300 worth it over 280 or 290

Conti sport contact 5 is absolute shite!. Slipping and sliding and severe wheel hop. Good tyres are key even with 4WD
  18. Hello, and 300 worth it over 280 or 290

What tyres were you running on your focus ST?
  19. Cupra or something else ...

Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 3. Decent tyre if you live in spain but with our cold wet roads its just no good if you want to apply alot of power to the road
  20. Cupra or something else ...

Fit a set of michelin PS4S's to the 300 and you will have traction close to the R with 100kg less weight. Put a stage 1 remap on the car and in the dry it will leave the Golf R in its dust believe me!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise