Search results

1. Upgrading Speakers

Rockford fosgate are really good value for the money, the door cards are a faff to get off but arent that bad at all tbh.
  2. EML light

I would check your fault codes again. After having a look online I cant find the codes, are you using a OBD2? if so you should get P codes for the powertrain. If you can get the codes again then it could help us find what you need to sort out :)
  3. 1.4TSI engine problems

I would change the spark plugs, coil pack and MAP sensor first. PO106 is the to do with the link between the PCM and the MAF/MAP.
  4. 2011 - Misfire Cy2, Emissions, EPC on idle, limp mode

If you have been to a dealership, go to a reputable independent garage near you but dont tell them what the dealer has told you. This way the independent garage will do their own summary My friend took his to a dealership and they said he needed a new acuator because his boost wasnt right, he...
  5. Difference Between Boc, FR, Cupra

The Boc and Cupra had the same engine, the CAVE engine which was an oil drinker. The facelift then had the CTHE in till around 2016 which then it changed to the 1.8 TSI engine. The Cuprsa and Bocs are all DSG where as the FR can come in a manual and the 1.4 TSI engine is a single charge with a...
  6. High fuel consumption help!

My 1.2 TSI started to suffered from rubbish mpg about 8/9 months ago. I only worked 2 miles from my house and I just drove there and back for a while. My journeys for nearly six month were no longer than 5 miles a pop due to using all my milage on blackbox insurance in 3 months. Once I started...
  7. 1.2 tsi apr map

Hi, Has anyone got the 1.2 TSI APR Map on thier Ibiza? Asked on the FB Page last night but no one has a review on it. Thanks
  8. Car door repair

Take it back and claim for it to be redone. Sounds like a painting error to me.
  9. Induction kit for 1.8TSI Cupra Black

The REVO one is a brilliant piece of kit. I would recommend it, I think APR do one which is also good but the REVO one is brillinant.
  10. EPC & Enggine Management Lights

If your actuator was shot then you turbo/boost would not be right
  11. Sound System Problems

I had a similar problem with my drivers door speaker, sometimes really low volume then splurt back into life, would make a flapping sound when the bass was on, crackled and fuzzy. Sounded horrible. I then fitted some TR650 CXI Coaxials and they were ok, bit on an upgrade but I wanted better so...
  12. Noisey start

My 1.2 TSI does this if it is really cold. The tensioners are based on oil pressure so if there is no pressure the tensioner is not tensioned. I think its just when the engine has been stood for ages and then you start it up it takes a couple of seconds the pressure to build in the tensioner and...
  13. Improve my poor 3 Cylinder

I wouldn't even think about doing anything if its not a turbo. Cosmetics is all I'd do, not engine work. Save up and buy a turbo'ed engine. The 1.2 TSI is cheap on insurance and pretty rapid for what it is, a remapped one is even better
  14. Turbo gauge for Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR

Forge sell a boost gauge adaptor for the map sensor bit and that works. You then need to feed the pipe from the engine bay to the cabin, mounting it would be a different scenario and depending on where your thinking depends on how hard it would actually be. In the heater vent would be easy on...
  15. Any specific models or years to stay away from

I have the 1.2 TSI 64 plate CBZB and its brilliant. I can not complain. It pulls awesome for a 1.2 Turbo, economical when I need it to be and overall a good engine. I have some suspension issues at the moment but they are not engine related
  16. Questions about my 6J.

The clutch there seams to be a cable that come from a tunnel in the car, it has a metal sheet around it and the cable i floppy so Im thinking that might be clutch cable and it bangs against it when I release it. The gearbox it seems to sometimes even jolt from standing and make a noise from...
  17. Tailgate spoiler fitted

Where did you get this one from Ebay? How did you fit it on?
  18. Xenon headlights

You could try splitting them to clean the lense if you are handy with headlights. Apart from that just get a damp cloth on a stick and wipe it out through the hole were the bulb is. Will determine wether its on the inside or outside of the lense./
  19. Boost problems. Help!

sounds like a boost solenoid sticking. Go for the code reading again and get the boost control code.
  20. Questions about my 6J.

Just look at the rear engine mount. If the rubber is perished or cracked//starting to crack then it will probably be that
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.