Search results

1. Daire92

Does the Mk4 Leon ST have the same roof rails as the Mk3 Leon ST?

I have a set of Yakima Whispbars that I used to use on my old Mk3 Leon Cupra Hatchback. I just got a Mk4 Leon ST PHEV and I want to change the feet to reuse the bars. I'm seeing on roofbars.co.uk that the Mk3 bars are not compatible with the Mk4, but the Yakima website shows that they are. Just...
  2. Daire92

Stage 3 Shopping List Cupra 280

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-car/seat/leon-mk2-1p/apr-stage-3-gtx-turbocharger-kit-seat-leon-2-0tfsi/
  3. Daire92

If Money is no Object and you want power

There's a TTRS developed by Storm putting out 902BHP. Its currently undergoing a turbo upgrade to break the 1000bhp barrier. Unbelievable engines.
  4. Daire92

Driving modes and remapping

It sounds like you just don't understand the DSG box fully. No matter what mode you are in, the gearbox can be put into Drive, Sport or Manual mode. The only difference between the comfort drive mode and Cupra drive mode is your suspension stiffness, throttle response and LSD settings. Changing...
  5. Daire92

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Went out mountain biking, turns out the Cupra is a seriously practical car too. Plenty of room in the boot for my gear and the roof rack works a treat. Weather forecast is bad today so she'll get her clean tomorrow.
  6. Daire92

Manual gearbox Cupra, no more, where do I look next?

A GTI Clubsport possibly? Are they being replaced by the TCR?
  7. Daire92

Spotify and Apple Car Play - issues (possibly)

Must be pushing people towards Apple Music so. No issues with Spotify on Android.
  8. Daire92

Spotify and Apple Car Play - issues (possibly)

I know that on Android Auto if you start scrolling through Spotify it will lock you out for a few seconds and tell you to focus on the road then it will let you scroll again, Carplay might have a similar safety feature. It's to stop people staring at the screen as they scroll through hundreds of...
  9. Daire92

The ultimate front splitter thread

Didnt realise you have a facelift ST. Different setup for the hatchback pre facelift
  10. Daire92

Those two bolts had me scratching my head too but the Z shaped bracket goes into a hole that connects the arch liner and the underside body tray above the exhausts. This then lines up with the bolt holes on the diffuser. The instructions are very poor alright.
  11. Daire92

I've posted this elsewhere before but since people are looking for help, here's my advice for fitting the splitter with bolts. Keep in mind I used a TRC splitter but procedure should be very similar. "I've fitted 3 TRC splitters at this stage, 2 to a Leon FR and 1 to my Cupra. same procedure...
  12. Daire92

What made you buy your Cupra?

Always wanted a Mk5 GTI in my teenage years, finally got a job and money to get a decent car but I needed it to be reliable and economical so the GTI plan was left behind. Test drive a few 1.6 diesel Golfs but they were expensive and I hate diesels. Came across the Leon after my dad suggested...
  13. Daire92

Bike Carrying

The Yakima bars I have are dead simple to remove. You simply pop off the cover and loosen 1 bolt which allows you to slide the roof bar open which loosens the clamp on the door and it lifts off the car. You could easily remove both bars in 5 minutes. Taking off the Thule bike rack itself is only...
  14. Daire92

The trick for the back plate is to first put down a strip of duck tape. Duck tape will stick to the textured surface very well and will leave a nice smooth surface to then attach your double sided tape too. The tape itself will be hidden behind the plate so no worries about it looking weird. I...
  15. Daire92

Anyone using an ECS Dogbone Insert?

Just saw these pop up on awesomegti. Looks like a middle ground between the fully metal APR insert and the plastic Powerflex ones. Anyone running one and have any reviews? https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/ecs-tuning/ecs-dogbone-mount-insert-kit-mqb-platform/
  16. Daire92

Rieger - Where to buy?

The rear diffuser isnt too bad of a job. I did it last week and removed the rear bumper to unclip the original diffuser completely but there's a vid on youtube of a guy just ripping his off. His way its a 5 min job. I was 3 hrs doing it the proper way. Go to 3:10 to see the quick way to remove...
  17. Daire92

Spent the day lying on the cold ground to get the Rieger Diffuser installed. Awkward job but thanks to theoldboy's great tutorial I got it done with little hassle. Swapped out my rear indicator bulbs for some chromed ones to removed the orange colour from the cluster.
  18. Daire92

Cupra 280 (2014) rear bumper removal

Big thank you @theoldboy for the guide! Wouldnt have chanced it without your great pics. Got my Rieger diffuser installed today!
  19. Daire92

Been a busy week with the car. Fitted my boot struts to alloy the boot to open with the key last night. Might take a while to used to how heavy the boot is to close now. Must see if I find it handy enough for opening to outweigh the awkwardness to close it. My Reiger rear diffuser arrived too so...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.