Search results

1. ALTEA DUDE

Anyone else find Altea rear indicator lamps pathetic?

Yes, I get flashed at for "not indicating", but maybe other drivers need to pay more attention too
  2. ALTEA DUDE

Morrisons SEAT Stirling

Have been driving to Stirling for years to use these as the Edinburgh dealer mentioned here is awful. Morrisons have been good, well priced, decent courtesy cars and their work has always been done on time and reliable. Worth the trip down the M9 all you fellow Edinburgers!!:D
  3. ALTEA DUDE

Rear suspension springs

Actually, I had both my rears replaced at the last service too. Meant to post it on here. Your not the only one, they must only last so long:(
  4. ALTEA DUDE

Freetrack gone?

Can only be as the Tribu is on the way so there would be an internal clash with the 2 models? I'm impressed by the Tiguan and very impressed by the Yeti so cant wait to see SEATs version. Might be the car to finally drag me out of my Altea after 5 very happy years.
  5. ALTEA DUDE

Your Altea: Does it fit?

Have never owned a car that I'm so comfortable in or that everything falls to hand as well as my Altea. I'm 6ft1 so maybe its good for tall folk? Still cant find anything I like as much so into my 5th year with it now; and its flown through every MOT as well - bonus! :D
  6. ALTEA DUDE

Freetrack buyers guide

Has the Freetrack been ditched now? Cant see it on the SEAT website. Maybe its to make way for the Tribu. Shame they never stuck a DSG in it or I could have been tempted.
  7. ALTEA DUDE

Leon shudder, please help!

It shudders really badly but switching it off and on again cures it. Cheers for the tip re the MAF sensor, will pass that onto him.
  8. ALTEA DUDE

Leon shudder, please help!

Hi all A friend of mine has a Leon mk2 1.9 Tdi and has been having really bad problems when he warm starts it. The engine vibrates/shudders like mad and it has to be turned off and back on again. Stealers have changed the clutch, done the flywheel check/replacement and have told him to use...
  9. ALTEA DUDE

I want another one!

Sounds promising. Just wonder how long until a complete replacement is due. Apart from no parking sensors and DSG mine is great (and having to get ESP on a new one). Will take a trip to a Stealer and see if I become inspired. Cheers for the tips
  10. ALTEA DUDE

I want another one!

Yes, I've been reading with interest the "removal" of stuff SEAT seems to have been doing over the last few years. Mine has an engine cover and bonnet insulation which I dont think is on any of the new ones. And I've an auto dipping rear view mirror which I'm not sure comes with it anymore...
  11. ALTEA DUDE

I want another one!

I'm in to my 5th happy year of Altea ownership. Have never kept a car this long (never been this happy with one before!) but its time to change. After extensive searching the only thing I can see that I like is a MK 6 Golf or another Altea! Is it worth buying the same car again? Whens the new...
  12. ALTEA DUDE

Urano Grey Pictures?

Thanks, was looking at the car builder pics but hoping to see what it looks like in real life and not the computer generated one. Cant be many of them out there, very hard to find a picture. :confused:
  13. ALTEA DUDE

Urano Grey Pictures?

Has anyone got a picture of an Altea or any SEAT in Urano Grey? Cant find one anywhere even after searching the used stock on SEAT UK website :shrug:
  14. ALTEA DUDE

Paint Code

Nearly had some Emocian Red to give you as AC in Edinburgh up to their usual tricks again and ordered me in touch up paint for my Eclipse Blue which was Emocian Red. They never get any better....
  15. ALTEA DUDE

Wiper blades

wiperblades.co.uk has BOSCH ones which I believe are fitted to the car at the factory. I will be buying BOSCH next time as mine is 4 years old at the end of the year and I'm still using the factory fitted front wipers! Incredible how long they've lasted!
  16. ALTEA DUDE

No wipers.

Yes, my wipers stopped once as well and I hadnt shut the bonnet properly, hope that works!
  17. ALTEA DUDE

Water leak in boot RH

The garage initially reckoned (without doing the full test) that it was most likely my rear glass that is leaking too, so maybe theres a fault with them? Was wondering if my insurance would "replace" the rear screen as it doesnt effect no claims and that way get new nicely sealed glass...
  18. ALTEA DUDE

Water leak in boot RH

I was literally just about to list a new post as my boot started leaking too! When I open it, water that has collected in the boot door rushes forwards and then starts pouring all over the parcel shelf. Not good. Getting diagnostic done next week, seems to be coming through the glass or the SEAT...
  19. ALTEA DUDE

windscreen

I'd never noticed this until you all pointed it out! Dont have to do anything about it tho?
  20. ALTEA DUDE

Faulty Alarm

Thats interesting, my horn sounded "muffled" the other day when I was using it. Wonder if water is getting into mine too.....?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.