Search results

1. ewen1605

Battery Drain?

Unfortunately not :( Just over two years old, but I didn't get my last service through a SEAT main dealer.
  2. ewen1605

Battery Drain?

Gave the car 6-7 hours on the charger yesterday afternoon, and managed to start the engine. Left it running for another 90 minutes or so on the engine. This morning the car is completely flat again. Trouble locking/unlocking, warning lights, flickering screens etc. and no engine turnover...
  3. ewen1605

Battery Drain?

So I wasn't convinced that the charger I was using was actually doing anything, and managed to source a second one. Its a 6A charger with an indicator on it. Left it running for a few hours. Now I seem to have electrics that aren't flickering but the car won't start. Just getting lots of loud...
  4. ewen1605

Battery Drain?

I've had the car hooked up to a 12V charger for a few hours (I know realistically full charging would take longer than that) but doesn't seem to have changed anything. After about 30 seconds it says "Power Supply - Workshop"
  5. ewen1605

Battery Drain?

Thank you for all the replies. While I wish I was kitted out with a mulitmeter, I might have to rely on a local garage! The battery is from the brand Banner. I've managed to borrow a battery charger from a neighbour, so I'll give that a go. I've spoken to a local garage who are happy to run a...
  6. ewen1605

Battery Drain?

Hi all, I've got a two-year-old Leon FR having some battery troubles. Last week I encounted the problem for the first time - the electrics turned on fine, but the car was struggling to start. After a few tries it did start, and I managed to drive my journey of around 20 minutes. The car seemed...
  7. ewen1605

Cupra 300 ST stolen this morning

Sorry to hear about this. My Leon was stolen this time last year, and I’m just thankful that the keys were downstairs so the buggers didn’t come upstairs where I was asleep. Insurance were very quick to sort me out, only had to deal with SEAT and their terrible lead times for new vehicles after...
  8. ewen1605

Whats your honest opinion?

I bought a 1.4 FR 125ps in Jan 2016 and absolutely loved it. Drove quite a few similar five door hatchbacks and the Leon always stuck out. Great looking car, lots of standard kit on the FR, and sporty feel to drive. After it got nicked in July last year, I went car shopping again, test drove...
  9. ewen1605

Android Auto - Not working Samsung S8+

Strangely, AA only connects on my S8+ when I insert the USB-C cable in one particular orientation to the phone. If I flip it round... nothing. Can’t explain that one :think:
  10. ewen1605

Options affecting Leon lead times

Great to see this post, Luke! How does it match your original car in terms of spec?
  11. ewen1605

There's some cracking Smart ForTwo offers at YesLease if you give up on SEAT [emoji38]
  12. ewen1605

Oh Luke :( I was going to make a joke about you not having to worry about rattles any more but you beat me to it on your other thread As others have said, the most important thing is that you & your passengers are OK. I don’t know what the best process is with insurance and PCH in this...
  13. ewen1605

DSG Paddle Extension

Which ones?
  14. ewen1605

DSG Paddle Extension

Hell yeah they do I ordered these in August last year and didn't even get my car until last weekend!
  15. ewen1605

I didn’t like the facelift lights when they revealed them, but they’ve grown on me more and more... and good job as I now own a facelifted Leon :D love the indicators front and rear in particular!!
  16. ewen1605

Not sure what the exact times are at the moment as it depends on spec and trim level etc. Your dealer is best placed to advise on this. Experiences on here vary wildly, with waits from 2 months all the way up to 7-8 months. I've just collected mine and it took over 6 months from order to delivery.
  17. ewen1605

I think this is supposed to be Tara's direct line but if there's no response it will put you through to someone at their office. 0114 450 3298
  18. ewen1605

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Around 38-39 mpg on the way home in normal mode but not driving with economy in mind. Should get a bit better as the engine gets worn in. I'm happy with 40+!
  19. ewen1605

I'll get some proper pictures when it's light but the car is already filthy thanks to this weather!! Also it was lovely to meet Carlosram from here on the train from London and collect our cars together! :D
  20. ewen1605

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Picked my Leon up this morning from Ashford, 7 months after ordering! Had a 4+ hour drive back to Sheffield. All motorway on the way back but a nice smooth drive. Missed having one of these!! Can’t wait for the weather to clear up so I can confidently take it out on some twistier roads!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.