Search results

1. Ben.

Diesel 2.0 TDI occasionally struggles to start

I do the same as MyLeon does with the key, i've found sometimes it 'cranks' itself over a bit more before starting where normally its almost instant that it starts when the starter motor engages. Mine has never failed to start thou.
  2. Ben.

FR 150/184 Brakes

I was wondering beside the discs and pads does anyone know if the bigger brakes from the 184 Leon's are able to be fitted onto the 150 version? I'm interested in trying to find out if the callipers are the same and the calliper brackets are the difference or if the callipers are different...
  3. Ben.

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Installed my Golf lightswitch and following the VCDS guide on here the auto lights and coming/leaving home function is now active.
  4. Ben.

Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Just got my auto lights/wipers working. Guide on here worked a treat, thanks! I did use a different sensor number than the one listed and it works. Edit: Used sensor part no. 8U0 955 559 B (Car is showing it as a RLFS) The sensor that came out my car was 8U0 955 559, was surprised that the...
  5. Ben.

I've got the diesel as well complete with rattly doors :cry: I think the tuning box being removable means it can be taken off for warranty work not leaving a trace.
  6. Ben.

Took mine on it's first real blast on the back roads, it's spent the last 4 months just going to work and back on the motorway. It was a bit strange as on the motorway it always feels like it needs a little more power for overtaking but on the back roads the 150 felt like plenty. Might still...
  7. Ben.

Leon Mk3 FR

Morning all, I thought I would start a little diary about my Leon. To start I got the car in January this year after needing something economical but still fun to drive and with some toys. I had an Alfa Giulietta before this and didn't want another of the same car as I'd had a different...
  8. Ben.

** Wheel gallery **

A bit of a bump up but I'll add R32 reps onto the list.
  9. Ben.

17' vs 19' tire road noise

I've gone from 17x7.5 to 18x8.0 and I haven't noticed any difference in the noise levels. I've got Uniroyal Rain Expert tyres on my new wheels so nothing too expensive. As said above the tyres could make a difference, I've had different type tyres make a noticeable difference on a previous car...
  10. Ben.

Start stop Error

I get this as well, it seems to come in batches of 2/3 times then it doesn't appear for a while. Turning car on then off seems to cure it, seeing as I've had a few Alfa's I'm no stranger to the odd turn on/off scenario haha.
  11. Ben.

Audi speedlines

From the pictures they look similar to how the outside edge of my wheels sit (18" x 8J ET51) and I've had no rubbing problems. I know it's not the same size but might be a help to you.
  12. Ben.

Seat leon FR 150 2.0 tdi MK III remap

Can you let us know how you find it, thinking of putting mine in for 1 in a month or 2. (150 TDi FR)
  13. Ben.

Nothing exciting for mine today, a wash and the seagulls had done some practice shots on her and a top up of the fluids. Need to book the MOT next week.
  14. Ben.

Going from OEM alloy to different ET/offset

I've put mk5 R32 alloys on my car and they have an offset of about 35 and 8" wide. No rubbing issues so far although I've not had car fully loaded. They just sit inside the arches, once I get enough posts I'll upload the photos.
  15. Ben.

Leon fr 150 clutch pedal

I've 28000 on the clock. It's not creaking or anything and the car drives fine. I had just put it down to how the car is but I'll keep an eye on it see how it goes.
  16. Ben.

Leon fr 150 clutch pedal

I've got a similar symptom on a mk3 150 TDi, when pressing the pedal down it goes smooth but on lifting it you can feel a slight resistance about half way up the pedal. It seems to come and go depending how I put my foot on the pedal.
  17. Ben.

Scottish SeatCupra.net Members

Hi all, had an mk3 Leon for a few months now, done a couple things including plastidipping the front bumper insert and added R32 alloys. Will be seen around the Ayr area normally.
  18. Ben.

Installing Fan washers

I've had that problem as well, ended up buying a set from a guy on eBay who was located in Turkey.
  19. Ben.

Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

I've found a lot of rain sensors for a VW Golf 7 but with a different part number 8U0 955 559 B & another with 5O0 955 559, has anyone used either of those part numbers? Both say they are Rain, light and humidity sensors.
  20. Ben.

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

I can't find the coding anywhere, I think it was on MQB-Coding but they appear to have removed their coding options. I think it's near the ambient lighting adjustment (Door lights Red in all modes) but a different byte. We were flicking through and found it, the option is a rough German...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.