Search results

1. inbetweener

Oil Leak - Where from possibilities?

It is possible to use half a litre of oil every 500 miles in SEAT car. Your dipstick looks like it could be half a litre short. So if you haven't topped up the oil in 500 miles I wouldn't waste time looking for an oil leak if you don't see signs of an oil leak on the road under the car. Turbo...
  2. inbetweener

Buying a Bocanegra Advise

Wouldn't touch anything with that engine with a barge pole. The bores score it burns a ton of oil and you throw the engine away and pay 6 grand for a new one. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  3. inbetweener

Help finding gearbox code

Na definitely not there mate. Give your local dealer a phone and quote your chassis number. They'll tell you exactly what oil it takes after a few mins. It's easiest and quickest way to be sure. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  4. inbetweener

Power steering - please help

Oh and In regards to dash lights dimming. Shorting out a massive 50 amp fuse will draw massive current from your battery and cause this. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  5. inbetweener

Yes def have a look. Let me know how it goes. I'm 80% certain a pump will cure your issue. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  6. inbetweener

I recommend take the front bumper off to check. T25 screws in both arches and t30 screws on top. It takes 5 mins to remove. That will give you perfect access to J500 and connectors. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  7. inbetweener

Disconnect the pump/cu j500 and see if the fuse still blows. If it does then you have a dead short in wiring to pump. If it only blows when pump connected then j500 is the issue. Internal short maybe? But Where they sit is prone for water ingress through the multiplugs at top. Especially the...
  8. inbetweener

Seat Leon 1.2 TSI

I don't think you have a problem. Your car was maybe revving a little higher than normal in the cold weather but slightly differently now that your coolant won't be as cold. Personally I wouldn't worry too much unless mil light is illuminated. Only other thing you can do is have a diagnostic...
  9. inbetweener

Help finding gearbox code

It should definitely be on data sticker. In boot of car and service book. To the right of engine code Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  10. inbetweener

Seat Leon 1.2 TSI

If there are any faults with the running of the car a warning light will normally come on unless it's purely mechanical which is unlikely. Are you sure it actually has a fault? Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  11. inbetweener

Seat Leon 1.2 TSI

Any warning lights? Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  12. inbetweener

ibiza won't start

Check the starter motor multi plug and check the wire in it is not broken. And see if you get a 12v supply to it when you turn key to start the car. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  13. inbetweener

ibiza won't start

The battery/ the entire key remote has nothing to do with the immobilser at all. The immobilser chip is in the key part itself. The blade part. You can see it if you remove the key remote part that holds the battery. You can throw the entire remote part in the bin and the car will still start...
  14. inbetweener

ibiza won't start

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  15. inbetweener

ibiza won't start

If it's an immobiliser issue the car will crank over and start. It will then cut out almost immediately. Check connections at the starter motor and body to engine earths Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  16. inbetweener

Egr delete and New mot test

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  17. inbetweener

Egr delete and New mot test

Any part of the emissions system renoved will be a failure. Will a coded out EGR be a failure? Well how would the tester know if it's been coded out? No software is checked in an MOT. Cut open DPFs are a definite failure though, and a mil light on is also a failure. Sorry for no definitive...
  18. inbetweener

Internal Fuse Box Blowe Fan Melted

The burnt terminals that hold the fuse will at least need replaced. When they blacken they will cause a high resistance and overheat the fuse. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  19. inbetweener

Error Code P030400 P030400 Engine Cylinder 4 Misfire

Probably just an HT lead mate. They are just a normal lead no coding or anything but sometimes difficult to remove. There is a special puller to get them off. You can get them off with pliers but be careful. Pull it off by the metal part that goes over the plug. Don't pull by the silicone lead...
  20. inbetweener

Reversing switch

Depends on your engine type but I always access from underneath. Brown or black multiplug. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.