Search results

1. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Wheel hop is a form of resonance, when the frequency of grip loss and recovery (drivedrain and suspension elasticity) coincides with the rocking frequency of the engine in its mounts. When you have quite some front wheel angle, you change the equation, with each front wheel rolling on a...
  2. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

On this forum, people will rather ask everybody else here using their mobile device what bush they have on their car, than kneel down and have a look themselves with a mirror or said mobile. Done like that it is a 2 week job ;) On a more serious note, I would recommend to remove the dogbone...
  3. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Common, one of the easiest mod installs ever, just get your hands dirty :clap:
  4. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

That is the proper way of doing it. If the original bush/insert ever fails, replace with a complete powerflex bush.
  5. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Narrower and also a bit smaller diameter (with the same /40 profile, I'm running 18"). Same tyre (ps4). Also some better steering feel (some sidewall stretch) and less tramlining/torque steer on rutted roads. Can't notice loss in grip. Tyre is cheaper too. I believe most road cars are...
  6. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Experiences vary. I had no probs with the Neuspeed after 8000miles and 034 gave me trouble. Best is to try the other of one doesn't work out it seems. In the long run something will wear, either the urethane insert or in case of the 034, the cars' bushing where the 034 sits against and rubs...
  7. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Told you so? Sorry it ain't so easy to know what to believe and experiences do vary. The Powerflex yellow one is normal softness, the diesel version is even softer. If you still have the purple one, try cutting the rear side in the flat middle so that you end up with the same 'fangs' with the...
  8. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Similar to mine, manual jb1 ps4 235r18. Ours is our family car and perfectly liveable with the track insert, with manual you can modulate throttle and clutch to avoid vibration patches esp. in reverse.
  9. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Manual or dsg? Any other (power) mods? DSG the regular one. Manual the track version. Loud exhaust or more power and thus more performance focused: track or black
  10. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Some more details on your car?
  11. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Powerflex is better indeed, tried both.
  12. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Good to see different perspectives, hopefully helps others that read along.
  13. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

And you were going to get the even harder black one... On idle there are larger amplitude vibrations. On my manual Cupra with purple insert, I don't have the AC issue and only slight increase in idle vibration which I kinda like, feels like there is some muscle under the hood, but wife...
  14. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Take the regular one for the FR. Maybe purple. Black is if you don't care about comfort, I suspect you do...
  15. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Don't worry too much as they can not bent too much but as I said before, it does reduce their effectiveness as there will be a gap now. I find the Powerflex track (purple) version perfectly liveable, I do have a manual so I can modulate the clutch/throttle to avoid any disturbing vibrations...
  16. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

There are some online catalogs, oemepc, realoem, etka, have a search. If you find it, you could probably pick it up the same part up at an Audi or VW garage. Over here one can call the central spare part phonedesk, say the partnumber and they tell you what dealer has it in stock. Good luck
  17. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

You're not supposed to know ;) They will look it up for you...
  18. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

You don't? Oh dear...
  19. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Just go to spare parts counter at any proper vw dealer, no biggie
  20. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Replacing it with something not the original part might actually be worse. Also, do you replace wheel bolts after three wheel replacements? People actually should as they are overtorqued very often...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise