Search results

1. Wax for monsoon grey

Good insight, that is a little low for durability. I've found on lighter cars, especially silver that toughcoat gives a very good finish, its quicker and easier to apply than a wax and also has good durability. Could be an alternative for the threads original query. Gareth
  2. how many miles has everybody done??

93k on my 53 lcr. But very sadly having to sell. Gareth
  3. Thinking about having a exeo later in the year

Very informative post as I too have been looking at one of these in estate form. From what I can gather from research is they are essentially an audi b7 with more toys and I think this is correct, the modernised diesel engines (cr?),the benefit of which seems to be that these do not suffer from...
  4. Wax for monsoon grey

Ive heard and seen good things from Auto finesse Essence which is also on budget, I personally have not used it, but I do use a lot of their products, I can vouch for their spirit wax and illusion wax - both are awesome! Gareth.
  5. Front anti roll bar bushes

Apologies, should also have mentioned the car:whistle: its a mk1 Leon Cupra R (2003) Gareth
  6. Front anti roll bar bushes

Hi all - I believe my front anti roll bar bushes to be causing a metallic sounding rattle over blistered road surfaces, and a cursory inspection found that they look to be tired. I want to order some fresh ones but before doing so would just like to confirm the diameter of the roll bar, as I...
  7. decat and eml light

Yes - will not pass MOT with decat fitted, keep the standard cat for that time of year I guess. Gareth.
  8. decat and eml light

Excellent, I'll get one ordered. So go for 90 degree rather than the shallower angled one, there doesn't look to be much room under there to fit it in, which is why I presume the 90 is better. Thanks Gareth
  9. decat and eml light

Hi, I've had my lcr for a short while and whilst all seems to be well with it i would like the eml light to go off on the dash. The car has a miltek exhaust and decat which is the reason the light is on. I have seen adapters which screw into the boss and then the lambda sensor screws into...
  10. 1.8T Common Troubleshooting Guide

Great post, some very useful info. Gareth
  11. New LCR owner

Thanks, I hope so. All is well so far although I hate this time of year with dark evenings there's little opportunity to inspect things. Gareth.
  12. New LCR owner

Hi All, I have recently purchased my first LCR. From research it seems the car is well known on here, with at least three previous owners being listed in here, one of which I got in contact with before buying it off the guy that had the car before me. Its a Platinum 53 plate LCR which...
  13. Black Cupra R Reg2x

Brakes look very fresh. My LCR has had the wheel s refurbed in light silver colour I think they look great, they are defo lighter n colour than standard. I'll get some pics up when I can.
  14. Rainbird's LCR

Wow great read, Just read start to finish. You have worked wonders on the old girl! Being a newbie I am keen to read as much servicing / oem work as poss and you've given me a good in sight. Im also quite local to you (when your not in Scotland!) im about 30mins from Plymouth. Gareth
  15. Black Cupra R Reg2x

Hi there - Some good work here and some good work planned as well. I too am a newbie, I have just purchased my first LCR and I love it. they are great cars. :D Gareth.