Search results

1. walshy

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Everybody please offer your sympathies, it is a dark day for the Republic. God speed my previously impeccable alloy
  2. walshy

I promised a video to these fine people a while ago and only managed a few interior ones! I'll see what I can do on Sunday evening once I'm back home :)
  3. walshy

My girlfriend drove my car away last night as she's coming to my work around midday so we can drive down from Manchester to Oxford for the Xmas party. It's the first time I've heard it drive away, it was in comfort and it just burbles and rumbles down the road with a few cute little pops as it...
  4. walshy

I've just hit 1100 miles and it continues to loosen up, still considering a res delete around Christmas time I love driving this car, it's so effortless to just get to work and take it easy Averaging between 36 and 42mpg on my journeys to and from work, depending on traffic A toe on the...
  5. walshy

I went through a tunnel in second gear and let the car change at redline, the DSG fart was very loud but was very deep and more like the M140i fart (kinda sounds like one of those air-zooka's). It seems a lot more grown up than on the previous 280/290/300s but that's just my opinion in terms of...
  6. walshy

It's great to see more people taking delivery, I'm still enjoying the car, 600 miles down and I think it's getting louder :)
  7. walshy

Michelin Performance Tyre Group Buy

What was the code? I missed it and can't find it!
  8. walshy

Impressive, on my 32mile commute I managed 29.6 but I was having a bit of a go in places and it was stop start motorway for some of it
  9. walshy

Yeah a few of us have done just that, I like esure it's just a shame they hiked it from £618 to £869 beause my quote expired a few days before my Cupra arrived :(
  10. walshy

Welcome to our new moderator paddy6789

Haha we have a £20k tech fund with Vodafone to spend yearly, most of our users prefer apple so thats how it gets spent
  11. walshy

I've got about 100 apple stickers I can bring along
  12. walshy

@Legojon I'd love to check out your motor at the meet, never actually seen one in the flesh, you might convert me from the MK3 ;)
  13. walshy

Confused.com now have the new Cupra 290, but only a few companies actually quoted me (I only did it out of interest, I'm already insured by eSure). The companies were all part of the admiral group and wanted £1600 with a black box lol
  14. walshy

I've done 500 miles in mine already :help:
  15. walshy

Michelin Performance Tyre Group Buy

Id potentially be interested in 2 (235/35/19) but since the Cupra is a week old it's still got plenty of Conti tread left! (Supply only) and if you can get a great deal for us i'd take 4!
  16. walshy

Cupra 300 Resonator Delete

I was going to go down on Friday last week as I had they day off, but they were in training all day and couldn't accommodate me so still don't know much more about it :(
  17. walshy

I posted a few pictures of @Liam Willingale new car when I collected mine last week, it's Magnetic Grey:
  18. walshy

The reason I don't use VPower (which i think is 98) is because it's an extra 10p a litre more than Tesco 99 For the miles I drive I'd really notice the extra cost I think
  19. walshy

It's not going to do any harm, the premium fuels tend to have additives to help clean the system and look after the engine a bit better and also have a cleaner burn so less carbon build up Some people say the Cupras lose 10-15hp when running normal 95RON instead of 98+
  20. walshy

A lot of people swear by using these premium fuels, these cars in particular seem really sensitive to the fuel that gets put in them And for the sake of 2-3p a litre I'm going to put Momentum 99 in there all day long :)
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.