Search results

1. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

So my timing was out and the torsion was at 2.97 so today I got the car warm and loosened the three 13mm bolts on the front cam and moved it back (I thought it wasn't a lot) and the torsion went to -5.7.quickly turned engine off and re did the cam by knocking it forward a touch and got -1.7 so...
  2. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Can you pm me or havnt I got enough posts?
  3. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Yes it's mechanical.set the timing to top dead centre lock it off and undo the three 13mm bolts and move the pulley very slightly ( fractions of mm) one way tighten up and re check the torsion value repeat till it's 0 or as close as 0.6 seems to be ok.
  4. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Yea it's the timing that's out but needed to check the torsion value to make sure.just a case of correcting it over the weekend.
  5. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Got my self a vcds to check the torsion value and it's way out so in guessing this is my problem. Torsion is on 2.97 On a side not iv just scrolling thorough thee assuring blocks and came across piezo unit injector status,they all running on 0.0 does this mean it had them and has had them out?
  6. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Yea it's the 170bhp altea fr.
  7. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Jus been out to my car and it is defiantly not a common rail.its the 2.0 tdi pd170.
  8. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

The common rails didn't come in until 08 did they and my car is a 06.i had an email off seat saying my car is not effected so I'm going to check the timing and go from there.
  9. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

My engine code in bmn005162 does anyone know if this have the crap injectors in?
  10. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

So with the looks of it she just fobbed me off.is there any other way of telling without stripping the rocker?
  11. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Checked on logbook and mines a bmn engine.
  12. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Mines an altea fr.but it's the same engine isn't it?
  13. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Iv just been on the blower to seat and they say my car wasn't part of the recall.could anyone advise me on weather this is true as my engine code is bmn.i was under the assumption that all these pd170's had the recall!
  14. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Went out in the car today and when I started the car the dpf light didn't come on even though it was on last night.the car is also smoking on tick over.it did do a few stutters today when I tried to put the foot down a little.does anyone have any ideas or anyone had this on another pd 170 and...
  15. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

It was a private sale and they did a regen run in it and the light went off.the revs are always below 1k.iv read up about problems after the recall sound like mine but iv not seen a fix as such.the dpf has now gone off and I havnt done a regen or drove very far,just normal miles.
  16. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

I have just bought a altea fr and it has a slightly lumpy idle,strong emissions smell and the dpf has come on.i have had the car two weeks and I only do 2miles to work and I know this is bad for dad's,but the light came on the week before I bought it.is this too soon for it to come on?im...
  17. PD170 injector problem

Sorry this is an old thread but iv got an altea fr tdi and have a strong smell coming out the exhaust with white smoke on idle and a slight lumpy idle as well.im guessing this is an injector fault after a lot of reading on this site and others would you say this is correct? You mention a sticker...