Search results

1. 1.8 TSI 180 vs 2.0 TSI 190 Leon ST

Have the 1.8 for about three years now and I love it, it is a good engine which has a reasonable mileage/performance balance. There is a video on youtube comparing the 2.0 and 1.8 performance and I would say it is more or less the same. However having said all of this - if I am to make the...
  2. 1.8 TSI Chip recomendations

This is the reason I haven't done that yet, I was looking around for options and now TVS Engineering claim they have a software flash for the DSG that should "solve" the problem. Not sure if it will work though. However here is what they claim. DTUK also have one available.
  3. 1.8 TSI Chip recomendations

Also looked at Revo - roughly the same price and ABT - can't seem to find prices. Should I also look to do a DSG flash, guess it would be good as it is the 7-speed (DQ200). Any comments and advice is welcome, car is still under warranty so don't want to overdo it :)
  4. 1.8 TSI Chip recomendations

HI All, Haven't posted in a while, but long story short - I decided to get a chip for the Leon. Was wondering what would you recommend, currently looking at ether RaceChip GTS or DTUK. Any comments, recommendations and general advice is welcome. MY16 180TSI
  5. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Took a pretty, pretty photo :)
  6. Fox Exhaust - 1.8 FR

Sounds good. I am also looking at some options for some time now, will consider this as well.
  7. Creak/Squeal/Something annoying when pulling away

Here is the video, not same as mine though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcB9t_ubdQA
  8. Creak/Squeal/Something annoying when pulling away

Try to put the link here. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwTahGy1lScqQ3N5RG9xQmdrMm8?usp=sharing
  9. Creak/Squeal/Something annoying when pulling away

I have some strange noise at low speeds as well, but mine is when releasing the brake. PM me the link and I will post it so we can compare. _______________ Seat Leon FR 1.8 TSI DSG, MY16, Alor Blue
  10. Coolant leak

Will have to try that, I was wondering why I have to top up the coolant constantly on a brand new car. I've had the issue since the second month. _______________ Seat Leon FR 1.8 TSI DSG, MY16, Alor Blue
  11. few problems with car, any help?

Mine does that as well, wondering if anyone has any info. For me it is just at low speed when I lift my foot, not sure about high speed may be that I just don't hear it. _______________ Seat Leon FR 1.8 TSI DSG, MY16, Alor Blue
  12. 1.8 tsi economy

Good numbers, mine are not that good, long term average is about 22 MPG (mostly in the city though), on long runs (1200 km in one day) I got 40 average. Might be my driving, might be the fuel quality, but usually I get quite high consumption.
  13. Facelift Taillights Retrofit

Hi All, I just saw that https://www.facebook.com/mqbcoding/ , have already managed to get the new taillights on. I was wondering if anyone around here managed that as well. I saw that it costs around 600 EUR, and it needs some coding. Would really appreciate any feedback as I am really...
  14. Full Link Apps + Useful Tips

Actually depends on what you will be using, Android Auto, Apple carplay or Mirror Link. Each of the options has different apps, to be honest I don't think any has a speed camera app - but I might be wrong.
  15. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Thanks for the info, I looked it up the manual is on page 41 of the tread and is quite comprehensive, not speaking Spanish so used Google Translate - but I think it is pretty straight forward.
  16. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I am very interested in doing that, how is it done and are you seeing any issues with the new software?
  17. Wiper behaviour

I was also interested why it does it, but never got around to finding out why. When I saw the thread I got interested again and checked it out - basically when you turn off the car the wipers go in "rest" mode, the arms are adjusted to a certain position to lower the pressure on the wiper itself...
  18. Mirror link

Hi, Don't know where you are based, but Mirror link still isn't available in some countries. Even if it is I find it rather useless, if your car is MY16 you might have Full link, then I would suggest Android Auto or Apple Carplay. I played around with both Mirror link and Android Auto, but...
  19. Tough choice: ST FR 1.4 ACT TSI or 1.8 TSI

Hi Maciej, I see a lot of the comments only mentioning the difference in suspension, which is a lot better on the 180FR and you will definitely notice on a twisty mountain road, but only if you push it. In the city - don't think it will make any noticeable difference. Brakes are better and...
  20. To Cupra or not to Cupra that is the question

I've got the 180FR which is by no doubt a great car, I absolutely love it...... but given the situation you are in get the CUPRA. _______________ Seat Leon FR 1.8 TSI DSG, MY16, Alor Blue Nissan Pulsar 1.2DiG-T CVT
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.