Search results

1. Vibration / shudder on acceleration

Greetings all. So, problem is as follows: Car shudders (gearbox direction) when accelerate hard (wot) in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Also it does the same from 1st up very steep hill. It started after DMF/clutch change, 3 days after it was replaced. It is original Sachs set. If I accelerate...
  2. Water in drivers footwell

Maybe air con intake. Rain drains below windshield can be blocked with leaves, so rain goes down the ventiletion tubes to the back seat.
  3. Problem with suspension

I have the same problem, left camber is -1,37, right is -2,09. Stock suspension, probably blown strut. Buuuut, as we are right driven country, it is perfectly logical to have slightly higher camber on the right wheel. Thy told me that probably strut is shoot, or hub, or wishbone. I do not...
  4. Window only goes half way

If you like to inspect motor, you do not need to take off metal cover. Just unscrew three motor bolts, take out motor, connect it and try the motor, if it is good, than it is raiser assembly. Than you must remove metal panel. To remove it, first unscrew metal clips holding bottom of the window...
  5. Headlight bulb replacement?

Also, be ware about LED bulbs, their diode height MUST be the same as your halogen wire inside the bulb. Thickness of LED bulb, where dids are (on both sides) should be as small as possible (1,5 mm best), in short, they MUST be the same as halogen, otherwise your lightpattern will be crappy. Any...
  6. Window only goes half way

Hi, You should take of door panel and give it a look. Take off motor for window regulator and check if it works normally with out any load. If so, problem is in window raiser assembly. Probablly broken plastic pieces. Not hard to fix, but you must take off door trim. Be careful not to smash...
  7. 1.4 tdi cam

Anyone?
  8. 1.4 tdi cam

Greetings, I have 2010 1.4 tdi BMS code engine (it is second engine, first blew the piston on motorway). Seller said iz had 120k km, but I suspect it had over 150k, to be honest. I am drivig it for 2 years, no problem. Had slight cranking problems this winter, it cranks 1 or 1,5 sec when it is...
  9. 1.4tdi Dead engine

Anyone? Could it be injector loom?
  10. 1.4tdi Dead engine

Update. Cam is changed, bud the sound persists. Today the head will be remove to check the valves. Hope that that is it. I have no more ideas :confused::confused:
  11. Heater resistor failure

Update, it is not neccessary to change whole resistor pack. it is possible to chane only small fuse (price is around 10 cents) which sits on the top ofthe pack. It will make a photo as soon as I camo home, I did it on my MK5 ibiza.
  12. 1.4tdi Dead engine

Here is the video while driving to the garage. It got really bad since day before, in like 100 km of driving.. All together, one lobe is gone. New cam, lifters, bearings and bolts. Will se how the engine will work then. Ofcourse, new oil and filter, but it will be done by myself this time...
  13. Hello all!!!

Hello and welcome! :)
  14. New Member from Hull

Welcome to the forum! :)
  15. Cupra Noob

Welcomeee! :)
  16. Seat Portable Navigation unit

Or use google maps :))
  17. What colour?

Perfect!
  18. 1.4tdi Dead engine

Update, yesterday knocking became progressivly worse, it was taken to the garage, and diagnosis is worn lobe on the camshaft. Possibly hole in the lifter, we will see tomorrow.
  19. Ibiza 1.4 TDI BMS knocking

I need some help diagnosis the knocking sound from my engine. It is 1.4 tdi, BMS, 59 kW. 14 months ago faulty injector caused piston to brake in half, damagind cylinder wall. Engine was rebulit, new piston, new rings,crankshaft was overhauled, neg big end bearing, new ca,shaft bearing and new...
  20. 1.4tdi Dead engine

Long time has passed since my last post. I fixed the engine, but have another issue. I need some help diagnosis the knocking sound from my engine. It is 1.4 tdi, BMS, 59 kW. 14 months ago faulty injector caused piston to brake in half, damagind cylinder wall. Engine was rebulit, new piston...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.