Search results

1. CRNeo

Leon Mk2 1.6 TDI Poor MPG

Does seem a bit off... in winter I was still getting mid-high 40s round town and mid to high 50s at least on a run. I used to get 50s and 60s quite easily. I'd deffo try and do a few brim to brim calculations to make sure the dash reading is correct. Also I'd recommend getting shut of the...
  2. CRNeo

Replacement battery 1.6TDI mk2 FL

Thanks for the reply - it does indeed have stop/start on my mk2 (not that I'm a big fan of it) and the current one which I'm assuming is OEM is a AGM. Yeah I've read about the revo maps resetting which is why I was asking, it's a Shark Performance map (who unfortunatley aren't around in their...
  3. CRNeo

Facelift side & day running lights

I recently fitted these DRL LED bulbs in my FL mk2 and not had any issues with them. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-1156-11W-COB-CREE-LED-XENON-REVERSE-SIDELIGT-BRAKE-DRL-BULBS-P21W-NO-ERROR/171915859938?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 I'm also running the philips...
  4. CRNeo

Anybody ever have issues getting the alignment right on your Leon

Remove the wheel and refit it straight?
  5. CRNeo

Replacement battery 1.6TDI mk2 FL

Seems over the colder months the battery in my 1.6TDI is starting to struggle, looking to source a replacement and seems I have an AGM battery at the moment so guessing I need to replace with the same. Looking at this one... https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/enduroline/096-agm/ I'll take...
  6. CRNeo

Leon mk2 armrest?

Anyone got one of these floating about?
  7. CRNeo

Can I fit parking sensors to my leon?

I had a set fitted to my old astra estate - ordered off a website that also offered professional installation, they just book a local auto electrician (which tbh you could do yourself) Think I paid around £100 all in and they came out, removed bumper, fitted and no issues... was a good job.
  8. CRNeo

FL 1.6Tdi CR - MPG dropped recently

See below: - not sure if this is more full removal tbh they may have mapped out some of the EGR function but I don't think DPF is my issue. Oil ash residue is at 52% and I regen every 400ish miles. https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/egr-removal-delete/ Please Note: The EGR Valve should NOT...
  9. CRNeo

No didn't map out the EGR as if you remove the EGR then it causes the DPF to clog up more which is obviously bad news. Boost leaks was another thought but then I thought I'd notice a distinct loss in power then also which I don't seem to have - might take a look just in case though..
  10. CRNeo

I know dervs usually worse in the colder weather but noticed a significant drop in MPG on my 1.6TDi (CAYC) mk2 recently. Still starts fine though I get a bit of a smell on cold start now (similar to the smell when on regen)... no running issues, gets up to temp fine, pulls hard (it's on a stage...
  11. CRNeo

Changed my sidelights and DRL on 2012 Leon FR+ to LEDs and no errors :)

You still got these in? One of mine have started flickering every now and again (they did last about 3 years mind) on the lookout for some replacements.
  12. CRNeo

Vibration at 75/80mph+

I had this on mine .... it was tyres. 4x new tyres and a 4 wheel alignment sorted - not cheap but problem gone.
  13. CRNeo

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Got it serviced at Darkside Developments and found out one of my shocks is leaking on the back so that's next job!
  14. CRNeo

Fog lights randomly activating

Yeah sounds like the cornering lights normal behaviour they'll come on if turning over a certain amount (when headlights are also on) and I think they also come on when indicating left or right - can be turned off if you don't fancy it or as said they can also be made to be DRL. I know those...
  15. CRNeo

FL mk2 DRL LEDs

I know there's a few threads kicking about one this but they seem to be a bit old now.... I've had LEDs in my DRL for 2years now with no issue but now one has failed and I'm looking for replacements. Anyone recently got some known good/error free LED bulbs for their FL cars, looking for where...
  16. CRNeo

Would dpf show on Bluetooth OBD?

It's not easy to check as far as I'm aware - which is the whole idea as most people don't want to get caught running with no DPF. The MOT is a visual check only so people remove the DPF, cut it on the top where you won't see if, gut it, weld it back up and stick it back on the car so it looks...
  17. CRNeo

I've got this... Carista Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter and App: Diagnose, Customize and Service your Audi, BMW, Lexus, Mini, Scion, Toyota, VW, Seat or Skoda with dealer level technology https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_itdNAbFYKHCPM Bought mainly to do the customisation...
  18. CRNeo

I monitor my DPF with VAG DPF app on my android phone with my Carista adaptor - works fine and shows % full when it's doing regen etc etc. There's a free version you can get to see if it works with your engine/adaptor. Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
  19. CRNeo

Xenon Head light polishing

Mine look similar to yours - I've given the outside a quick wet sand and polish (have done several headlights using this method and had amazing results) and mine didn't change much tbh so I was thinking it could be on the inside possibly. I use wet sand + poorboys SSR on my DA polisher when...
  20. CRNeo

First probably stupid question.

I want to take mine off and de-chrome at some point - I believe the grille is different between facelift and non-facelift? Are they a pain to remove?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.