Search results

1. CRNeo

Replacement battery 1.6TDI mk2 FL

Seems over the colder months the battery in my 1.6TDI is starting to struggle, looking to source a replacement and seems I have an AGM battery at the moment so guessing I need to replace with the same. Looking at this one... https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/enduroline/096-agm/ I'll take...
  2. CRNeo

Leon mk2 armrest?

Anyone got one of these floating about?
  3. CRNeo

FL 1.6Tdi CR - MPG dropped recently

I know dervs usually worse in the colder weather but noticed a significant drop in MPG on my 1.6TDi (CAYC) mk2 recently. Still starts fine though I get a bit of a smell on cold start now (similar to the smell when on regen)... no running issues, gets up to temp fine, pulls hard (it's on a stage...
  4. CRNeo

FL mk2 DRL LEDs

I know there's a few threads kicking about one this but they seem to be a bit old now.... I've had LEDs in my DRL for 2years now with no issue but now one has failed and I'm looking for replacements. Anyone recently got some known good/error free LED bulbs for their FL cars, looking for where...
  5. CRNeo

Insurance renewal, who are people using stage 1 map?

Got my insurance renewal due and just looking to get some quotes, renewal isn't too bad but i can only shave £20 off so far through a broker and that's removing my girlfriend also. Who are people using for decent cheap cover (if there is such a thing! Haha) Thanks
  6. CRNeo

Stage 1 remap... Who have people used NW area?

Looking to get stage 1 done on my 1.6 TDI hopefully end of this month. Spoke to quite a few people, prices vary but all in the 350-500 range. A few places also saying I 'need' to get the dpf and/or egr deleted. I don't really want to go down that route I do a lot of miles at the moment I...
  7. CRNeo

Dogbone mount 1.6TDI?

Hi, Basically it's only slight but I get a bit of a rock or like it's taking up a bit of slack in the drive possibly? It's only really in 1st/2nd even if you are super gentle with the gas when you come off it there's a little 'dunk' if that makes sense. I notice it only really when in crawling...
  8. CRNeo

Something loose in my xenon light :(

Just been out to wash the car and noticed what seems like a clear rubber dome inside my xenon?! Anyone any idea where this could have come from? I can probably fish it out the hole if I remove the DRL bulb possibly but I'll need to remove the headlight I guess, is that a big job? So...
  9. CRNeo

Steel wheel bolts?

Just stuck my steel wheels on with some winter tyres, I used the same wheel bolts from the alloys is this fine? I've torqued them up correctly they seem fine but I've heard mention of having to have different bolts for steel wheels but wasn't sure. I guess you don't get spare bolts with space...
  10. CRNeo

Self dimming mirror issue

My self dimming mirror doesn't seem to be doing anything. The green light is on but it never changes, shining a torch or covering the sensors does nothing. I'm trying to get over to seat for it to be looked at under warranty but just wondering if anyone else has had this and if there's...
  11. CRNeo

Dashcam hardwire.

Just been out to stick in the hardwire for my dashcam using the next base kit. Put the tap in the 12v ciggy lighter fuse and the ground screwed to the screw at the top. I couldn't get the wire under the head lining along the top it was too tight but it looks neat. Does anyone with a little...
  12. CRNeo

Bonnet seal..

Noticed when poking under the bonnet on my mk2 that the seal that runs along the top edge under the bonnet wasn't flush at all on the passenger side. Seems the metal or whatever can just be bent so it goes flush... is this right? Is this what causes the mouldy bonnet lining everyone complain of...
  13. CRNeo

What's this under the bonnet?

What's this thing (fuel related?) and can you get some sort of cover for it because it looks ugly.
  14. CRNeo

Oil leak and fuel leak 1.6TDI

Had the car MOTd yesterday (no issues) and had the guys over at Unit20 do a health check (really recommend these guys) at the same time just to make sure everything was in order. Everything fine on the whole and car is in very good nick only things flagged up were a small oil leak (believed to...
  15. CRNeo

Wheel nut covers discoloured

Anyone else find the black plastic wheel nut covers get slightly white discolouring on them after washing or just over time? Wondering if it's a product I'm using or if this is just "normal" Thanks
  16. CRNeo

Spare wheel?

If I buy a spare full size 16" alloy to match the ones on my car will it fit in the space under the boot floor does anyone know?
  17. CRNeo

LED bulbs FL mk2

Why is there no "definitive LED bulb thread" ?? Done lots of searching for LEDs to get for mk2 and there's lots of threads but still no 100% these bulbs will work in FL mk2. I've got some nice DRLs working fine in mine now. These ones...
  18. CRNeo

Rear badges

Do any of them have pins or anything? Leaving the Leon badge but wanted to ditch the ecomotive badge I think. Just a case of the old heatup and dental floss to remove or similar?
  19. CRNeo

Anyone using a Dashmount/Brodit Holder

Anyone using brodit or dashmount in their FL Leon? I always like to have brodit holders in my cars, so as I've just swapped to the Leon it was one of the first things I ordered. Not sure if it's because I have the RDS-315 though but it doesn't seem to fit too well.. pushing the facia out...
  20. CRNeo

CRNeo's mk2 Copa SE TDI

Well thought I'd start a thread for my car, nothing too special but got a few little subtle mods planned. Here's the pic of it from the dealers, prob my fav colour. Usual SE Copa spec with bi-xenons too :thumbup: Few quick wins planned. * Change bulbs/LEDs all round * Remove ugly copa...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members