Search results

1. Cupra rear silencer on a FR?

Morning everyone! So i bought a rear silencer from what turns out to be a pre facelift Cupra and am wanting to put it on my 184 tdi facelift FR. now i know its from a pre facelift i am hoping it will still fit and line up properly with the rear bumper. i was going to get a Rieger Cupra rear...
  2. MPG on 2.0 TDI FR Technology DSG (s/s) 5dr 2017?

i live in Huddersfield and work in Manchester so use the M62 twice a day, although mines a manual and i do drive easy in normal mode i get 60MPG in the winter months according to the drivers screen. this is the first time i have done the fuel tank full to full and it looks like i will get 600...
  3. plastidipping the chrome front grill?

That is brilliant thank you, so where the blue line is you're basically just spraying onto the car paint then it comes off afterwards? stupid question but how do you start to get it peeling off the paint? make sure it goes onto your masking tape so when you start pulling that up the paint comes...
  4. plastidipping the chrome front grill?

Hey everyone, i am looking at doing this but im wondering those of you that have done it how do you get right in to the chrome between the side edges of the bumper? im worried that if you look down the edges you will see a slim line of chrome, also do you mask the grill part right after the...
  5. OBDeleven modifications

so i desperately need your help everyone. tried to get the carbon skin on my 8" mib2 screen and got it working but... Its like the screen resolution has changed and now all the home screen tiles wont fit on one screen. i have tried changing it back to skin 1 and it says function unavailable...
  6. Head gasket failure

Hey everyone, got an issue with my CR 170, car was in garage last week and had an engine hose and the aux coolant pump changed among other things. Took it to work the next day and the heaters were blowing cold and the temp needle went upto just below red like a rocket but I eased off and quickly...
  7. Horrible banging noise

Hey everyone, just wondered if anyone has come across this before, My CR FR developed a horrible knocking noise, sounded like something loose in the boot but there deffo wasn't, anyway one day I had both front windows down instead of the air con on and the noise is like ten times louder outside...
  8. VCDS / VAG-COM Register - Who's got what and where?

does anyone in the northwest or west Yorkshire have VAS?
  9. Led taillights, The right way.

Fitted them to my FL a couple months ago, no bulb out errors right from the start but I noticed a couple of weeks ago when reversed up to a wall that the brake lights are sort of flickering. I thought I was one of the lucky ones that didn't need a recode or anything but I guess now I do, just...
  10. 1p LED rear light VCDS coding help

Don't suppose someone could put a full guide up of how to do the binary code change as shown above via VCDS?
  11. Which version or RNS 510 have i bought???

Just bought a RNS 510 off ebay to fit in my FL FR but not sure which version it is, hoping someone can shed some light? Part number is 5P0 035 680 A - does this mean its a version A?? Manufactured 11.01.16 Hardware H10 SW 2680 Its supposed to be a LED unit and it has the star button...
  12. Air con problem I think

Thanks for this, I take it your bolt wouldn't tighten up? The car has got 11 days left of the warranty when I bought it from a dealer so here's hoping they pay up to sort it
  13. Air con problem I think

Here is a picture, very poor I know but you can just see the centre pulley bolt sticking out which I'm 100% sure it shouldn't be
  14. Supercopa LEDs

I've bought some from hids.co.uk for the front lights, number pate lights, reverse and interior and not had a problem yet and no need for resistors.
  15. Air con problem I think

I'm guessing me simply screwing this bolt back in wont suddenly bring my air con back to life
  16. Seat recalls or warranty fixes?

Just wondering, I've had my 59 plate FR now for 3 months now and just curious with regards to Seat dealer recalls etc, was reading another thread about air con and they said the problem with the compressor is a known issue with a TPI and to call them for a repair etc Anyone else just called...
  17. Air con problem I think

Right I've just had a bit of a mooch under the bonnet and looking at the compressor there is a bolt in the middle of the pulley that looks to screw into the black flywheel looking thing, that bolt is not screwed in all the way I'm sure of it. I don't know if it's supposed to look like that but...
  18. Air con problem I think

A re gass isn't a problem as I bought a groupon yesterday for a re gass and anti bac clean from ATS place. Right time to find a new pressure switch as a first stop then a leak test. Where abouts is the pressure switch located?
  19. R8 coil packs

What's better about them?
  20. Air con problem I think

You mean the temp on the MFD? Yeah that seems fine. Right so pressure switch, can this be changed without a garage visit? Where a outs is it? Thanks for the help
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members