Search results

1. Boost cut issue cupra 280

Have you had a look for a small boost leak? I noticed something similar when going to stage 1. As I understand with the Cupra, protections cut boost based on EGT. With the boost leak, turbo was compensating for the small leak with an overspeed until upper temp limit hit which at around 6krpm...
  2. Dragy times 100-200kph Leon Cupra 280 stg2

I actually just came out of a YouTube comments rabbit hole the other day where I was watching some video (comparison of an M340i Xdrive to F80 M3 acceleration) where I believe you were having a heated argument with someone about the 100-200 times of a stock F80 M3 (non comp pack) not being any...
  3. Res delete

That's what she said?
  4. Pilot Sport 4s on front only - cupra 290 2019 DSG

I've got PS4S upfront and the 5Ps at the back. I'm guessing most people will do exactly the same to get on to the Michelin's as soon as possible. The 5Ps on the front wore out after 8.5k and the PS4S have now done 8k with decent tread still remaining.
  5. Carjacking advice

I like how you manage to highlight in both your posts in this thread that you are in fact an S4 owner and not a lowly Seat owner haha.
  6. Wind deflectors

You've disappointed me. You could have just said yes and I could have spread the word that Thomas was a Cupra man.
  7. Wind deflectors

I'm more interested in whether you are that Geraint Thomas or is this a pretty common name in Wales?
  8. Uprated clutch

I replaced my flywheel at the same time as the clutch. However, looking at my original flywheel, I think I could have kept it as it looked in good condition and I couldn't see any signs of the hotspots the garage mentioned to me over the phone when they were doing the work. Its often recommended...
  9. Uprated clutch

What is the bump in power and torque with the map and how long have you been running with it without issue? Can anyone confirm what the torque rating is for the OEM clutch on the 1.4 and that might dictate whether you really need to consider an upgrade or replacement. I upgraded the clutch on...
  10. Leon to Ateca

Some fairly negative responses to the man's new car. As long as you are happy with the Ateca and it suits your needs now. I think they're one of the nicest looking SUVs.
  11. 2016 Cupra 290 exhaust note... Where is it?

I've got a 2016 manual Cupra. Mine would make quite a loud bang/crack when shifting gears under hard acceleration between 4k and 5k rpm. This was intermittent though and would generally only do it after some more sedate driving then suddenly accelerating hard. I've since had a res delete carried...
  12. Cupra 290 stage 1 clutch

I live in Glasgow so got it done at the local APR dealer. Garage is called Ecotune but probably only of use to you if you are in Scotland. It was around £1400ish for new clutch and flywheel fitted. I'd only done around 15k miles on my car and the original clutch and flywheel looked almost brand...
  13. Cupra 290 stage 1 clutch

I just went to the APR Stage 1 high torque map on my 290. I replaced my clutch and flywheel just before the remap as I assumed it would eventually start slipping with the map. I went for a Helix 6-paddle sintered clutch (rated to 450lbft I think) and the Sachs equivalent of the OEM DMF. I...
  14. Smoked clutch

If there is a problem you'll notice it more when trying to accelerate hard in a higher gear from low/mid revs I think. If you do need to replace the clutch then remember to check the flywheel at the same time. A lot of slipping could have created blueish hotpots and changed the properties making...
  15. Best SEAT dealer in Edinburgh area for servicing or independent that uses genuine parts?

My Cupra just past 3 years old so I ditched the main dealers I had been using who were not very good. I'm Glasgow based so I took it to a garage called Ecotune in Hillington. They work on these cars (Cupra, S3 and Golf R) all the time as they're an APR retailer. They'll service the car with...
  16. Seat Leon Cupra 280 Res and Muffler delete

Please don't get mad. This is for your own benefit. Your use of the word 'contempt' is incorrect. You should have used, 'content'. That is all. I'm off to correct grammar in the YouTube comment sections now.
  17. Anyone dyno’d MY19 Cupra in standard form?

Is this right? Surely the manfacturers will test the engines on an engine dyno for the performance logging? Thats why they quote power and torque at flywheel, because they don't measure on a rolling road.
  18. DogBone mount insert question

I've got the APR stainless steel lower insert. I never launch my car/do burnouts anyway as I've too much sympathy for the drivetrain so hopefully I'll not be putting these peak loads into the torque arm/puck assembly described by 034. I don't even understand the point of launching a powerful FWD...
  19. Tiny Leon!

Do girls have enough legroom as well?
  20. Remap Stage 1 Figures

Speaking of Stage 1 figures.... I just had my 2016 manual Cupra 290 in last week for the APR Stage 1 High Torque map. Dyno figures below of stock power and torque (black line) and two runs from the remap. It actually blew a boost hose from the intercooler to the engine intake on the last run...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.