Search results

1. Cupra and Brembo brake setup swap

Except the car they will be going on is not lighter, that's where the main issue lies. The standard setup was fine on a FWD Cupra hatch I had driven in the past, but on a longer car which weighs closer to 1600kg (4Drive ST with Pano roof, car seats and some other stuff permanently in the boot)...
  2. Cupra and Brembo brake setup swap

How so? All Cupra Atecas are coming as standard with the very same brakes he will be swapping his Brembo ones for. Daily driving braking efficiency can hardly be considered as compromised, the main benefit is not stopping distance but endurance during repetitive abuse during hard driving or on...
  3. Cupra and Brembo brake setup swap

This might sound a bit crazy but, would it be possible to swap the 370mm Brembo brake setup from a Cupra Ateca with the standard 340mm single piston setup from a Cupra Leon? I assume it's not just calipers and discs but the brake carriers are different to host the 370mm discs, but are they...
  4. Downpipes and stage 2 options for MY19/GPF cars

Nope, and doesn't look like anything will come out really after the latest evolution from REVO that developed that fake stage 2 GPF (more like a stage 1+ in reality) on the stock downpipe (lol). Solution is either to go for that for a bit extra power than stage 1, or remove the GPF completely...
  5. Cupra Estate 310ps - Torque vectoring and availability??

So I was watching the unveiling of the Mk8 Golf R the other day, a car that on "paper" (screen) never looked attractive to me (loved the 7.5 Golf R as well as Cupra 5F). This didn't improve much after the full release of the car but what really drew my attention was the upgraded AWD system with...
  6. Downpipes and stage 2 options for MY19/GPF cars

Yes, I believe that would work great. I mean, it's already shown on stage 1 GPF cars that the GPF doesn't affect performance, if anything some make even more torque than before despite GPF's being on. Similarly for stage 2, the issue is the main catalyst. Replace this with a high-flow one and...
  7. Downpipes and stage 2 options for MY19/GPF cars

Absolutely. If the GPF's are needed to pass MOT it's either an affordable GPF-retaining downpipe for me (it one becomes available) or sticking with stage 1. I can definitely not afford removing and putting back dp's every year, my time is way more valuable than being spent on that!
  8. Downpipes and stage 2 options for MY19/GPF cars

From what I understood they are working on a solution that maintains the GPF's. This has already been done by HGP who offer such a GPF retaining downpipe, no issues there. Also, the GPFs seem to be far less restricting on performance than everyone thought before. Just see what times are...
  9. Downpipes and stage 2 options for MY19/GPF cars

Sorry, this still is unclear to me: You are saying that they have been testing an un-released REVO downpipe that maintains the GPFs, correct? If so, this hasn't come out yet so I imagine I can't contact REVO Sweden tomorrow and ask for it. Do you know from your contacts if/when it's coming out...
  10. Downpipes and stage 2 options for MY19/GPF cars

How is that possible? I mean apart from the fact they don't offer any stage 2/3 map officially on their website, the only downpipe I've seen people use so far is the Milltek one which uses a HJS or race catalyst and deletes the twin GPF's. With what downpipe does REVO keep the GPF's then? They...
  11. 400 HP - 600 HP UPGRADE Turbocharger LM440 IS38 LM500 LM575 Hybrid

So you recommend the 575 over the Track even for a 480hp map? Interesting. I thought the 575 would be slower in the lower rpm but comparing their curves, the Track makes only around 10hp more until 3K, then from 3250 onwards the 575 runs away with a +40-60hp everywhere. What are their...
  12. Downpipes and stage 2 options for MY19/GPF cars

Thanks for the detailed reply. In theory the MPI is used for the low load operation but apparently for 500hp+ setups it is adapted so as to provide the extra fuel required, hence why US owners install such kits, either aftermarket or ROW OEM. With the exception of the secondary injection, your...
  13. 400 HP - 600 HP UPGRADE Turbocharger LM440 IS38 LM500 LM575 Hybrid

Hi CupraRacer, I had been away from the forum and this thread for some time but I see you are continuing your study and testing of turbochargers on the 2.0 TSI gen3 as if not a day has passed :coolthumb A year ago, I had decided the best option for my needs would be an LM500 v2 tuned at...
  14. Downpipes and stage 2 options for MY19/GPF cars

That sounds very interesting. Apart from HGP in Germany who charge unreal prices and so their options are indifferent to most people I hadn't read about any stage 2 GPF car (even more stage 3) before, so excuse my questions: Who did the tuning of the car for stage 2 and stage 3? Was it a local...
  15. FWD -> AWD is it worth it?

Judging from their previous cars, horribly expensive and with worse results than it should. They are a very "particular" tuner if I may say so and I'd rather leave it at that... It's anyway irrelevant for anyone in the UK. Plenty of capable tuning choices on the island and at a very reasonable...
  16. Cupra 300 still king

You are saying "higher English", I can testify that not even "average English" was always a given in multinational research organizations and project collaborations that I've been part of, and that was not limited to personal/oral conversations but even made its way into official technical...
  17. Cupra 300 still king

You sound like you really like your car and are not interested in the areas where the other cars are better (there's a few I can think of). That's great as it means you've made the right choice, but if compared more objectively I would hardly think the Cupra 300 would end up getting the "king"...
  18. FWD -> AWD is it worth it?

I have done this change and I am not ever going back to FWD at these power levels, it's a waste of time as far as I am concerned. I previously ran a 370bhp FWD with VAQ diff and already at that level the torque was overwhelming for the front wheels during daily driving. Yeah I had 370bhp but...
  19. Downpipes and stage 2 options for MY19/GPF cars

What kind of errors do you get? Map 2 is slightly more boost than Map 1 so if with Map 2 you are already maxing out the stock exhaust capabilities that's quite some flow restriction that the GPF's are causing, compared to pre-WLTP cars. I was able to run even more boost than Map 2 on a pre-WLTP...
  20. Cupra and Nurbuegring lap time?

A free reality check for you: The Honda Type-R did a 7:43 on a 20,600m long track. This guy did the 19,100m BTG in 7:30 (his best time so far). To be at least as fast as the Type-R he'd need to cover the deleted 1,500m within 13 seconds, or in easier terms: at a speed of "just" 414km/h...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members