Search results

1. Interior

As the car is basically a Skoda Rapid (and built in the Skoda factory) it is likely that Rapid seats will fit. The standard seats in the Rapid are similar to the Toledo seats (I've owned both) but some Rapid models have 'sports' seats; some owners who have them say that they are a lot better...
  2. rear view mirror hasnt got an anti dazzle lever

My MY2016 Style is the same. Not exactly sure if it is a "full" anti-dazzle mirror but you will find that, when you have headlights behind you at night, it will darken with a green tinge. Works well enough IMHO.
  3. Cigarette lighter fuse

I have a 2016MY Toledo and, when I did the same thing, the Manual was spot on (although it does contain a disclaimer about updates, etc.). In mine, fuse box under the dash (below steering wheel), fuse 44. Manual pages 81-82.
  4. mk4 1.6 diesel

I don't know if this is a common problem but the car is virtually identical to the Skoda Rapid 1.6tdi so a look on the Briskoda forum may help (and the same engine is used in many other VAG cars). Irrespective, oil leaks should be covered by warranty; if you have a Seat FDSH I'd get it into...
  5. Bulbs?!

Saw friend who has Octavia (Mk 2) over the weekend. Turns out that it doesn't have the pop-out panels in the wheel arch but changing headlight bulbs is easy - it has a lever arrangement that moves the entire headlight unit to gain access. May be the same in the Passat - I don't know.
  6. How to dim dashboard lights on Toledo 4?

Changed most of those settings although I didn't see any way of making the wipers speed-sensitive (I don't have auto lights/wipers); may have just missed it but I did work my way down the settings menu one by one! The only downside of these things is the likely cost of replacement when the...
  7. How to dim dashboard lights on Toledo 4?

I've not use the nav function 'in anger' yet, just had a play with it. I don't particularly like the graphics either, but that may just be because I am used to my Tomtom. On balance, and despite the fact that using the Tomtom isn't as neat and tidy, I think that the TT is likely to remain...
  8. How to dim dashboard lights on Toledo 4?

I have just taken delivery of a new (2016 MY) Toledo Style. The dashboard lighting can be dimmed, ditto the 'ambient' lighting of the footwells and console. It is done via the media-nav system (which is standard on the 2016 Style but may be completely different on other models/years)...
  9. Bulbs?!

10. Bulbs?!

Now have the new Toledo (engine is the EU6 1.2 TSI 110). Agree, generally, with the above; I did test drive one before ordering so I knew what to expect. Having owned diesels since 1992 the big change, for me, is having a turbo on a 'normal' petrol-engined car. Huge benefit in torque...
  11. Bulbs?!

12. Bulbs?!

Apart from the engine and better spec I'm not expecting the Toledo to be much different to the Rapid - for better or worse. The Octavia is a better car altogether (friend has one). Generally 'plusher' interior - soft-touch plastics, etc. - and less evidence of cost-cutting; but the real...
  13. Bulbs?!

Diesel Rapid to petrol Toledo... Haven't owned a petrol car since 1992 but had been thinking of 'going back' as don't really do the miles to justify a diesel now (I know that there are other reasons to own a diesel - pros and cons a long debate). Thinking this before (a) emissions mess...
  14. Bulbs?!

New here (from Briskoda as about to swap Rapid for a Toledo) so apologies in advance if this doesn't appear correctly. The Rapid (and the Octavia I believe) have pop-out panels in the front wheel arch liners which give better access to the dipped beam bulbs. Still a fiddly job because you...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members