Search results

1. Tapping

Ye as for the tapping I have found that it's not intact the engine itself but it's the injectors is this normal ?
  2. Tapping

Hi guys are all the 1.8t engines quite tappy ?
  3. What Gearbox oil do I need

Hi mate just had a look at my gearbox and there isn't abit that comes off like the Circular bit where the bearing would be ???? I have a picture on my phone of my gearbox but god knows how to get it on here so you can see it
  4. What Gearbox oil do I need

Awesome thanks for your help mate I don't have a pair of them can I just use anything that is able to get behind it and flick it out ?
  5. What Gearbox oil do I need

Ideal thanks for getting the link for me mate got it all ordered. So is it as straight forward as the video as it looks really simple ? Is any gearbox oil going to come out when I take the cap off Cheers mate
  6. What Gearbox oil do I need

Awesome that's worth a try and big help! Where do I buy the shim and new cover from ? Many thanks
  7. What Gearbox oil do I need

Thanks for the reply boys Okay are you able to tell me more about the shim fix ?? It's not loud by any means but now I know it's there I'm always listening for it lol and yes it is slightly louder on de acceleration Many thanks
  8. What Gearbox oil do I need

Hi guys Starting to get a little whine in my gearbox in 1st and 2nd gear what oil do I need to put in my gearbox ? And has anyone got any tips ? Is it a nightmare to do ? Thanks in advance
  9. brake pads

where can i get these too mate and what sort i sizes do i look for lol
  10. This N249 bypass mod, FAO all of those who seem to dont understand it..

i like it very good guide i will be doing this asap
  11. brake pads

hi guys my brake pads are in well need of a change! i dont just want to go euro parts and get some rubbish ones what do you all recommend ???? and where do i get them my cupra has the 312mm discs cheers:D
  12. coil packs ?????

before they went was your car really jerky when pulling away?
  13. coil packs ?????

hi guys going to plug my car into vag com today to see what i get but if one or more of my coil packs was on its way out what sort of problems would i see apart from obvious misfire thanks in advance
  14. really annoying issue please help

hi guys well my intercooler has a slight leak in it could this cause it I have only in the last weekend found that it was in the intercooler. what's the air sensor that's in the intercooler ? cheers guys
  15. really annoying issue please help

hi guys okay this issue is so annoying now! every time i pull away only in 1st and 2nd gear the car like jerks forward as if i was on and off the throttle really quick and you can hear in the air filter that the throttle has been let off then back on again but my foot has not changed...
  16. Coolant system

Will do thanks for the reply mate
  17. Coolant system

hi guys changed my thermostat today due to when I was driving it went right up and the pipe that comes from the thermostat was cold, so I have changed this and bled the system and went for a drive and the temp started to rise again and the pipe was cold again after s new thermostat but as soon...
  18. Interior lights don't stay on

Hi mate yes I do have full vag com
  19. Interior lights don't stay on

Hi guys Basically when I unlock the car in the dark the inside lights come on for like 2 secs and go off but when I open the door they come back on but as soon as I shut it they go off again, and when I stop and turn the engine off they don't come on either ..... I have vag com but what do I...
  20. Engine rattling slightly

Hi guys when I have drove the car if you listen closely on the passenger side of the engine down by the wheel you can hear a very slight rattle not very load at all almost sounds like something is loose but on the inside of the engine..... My guess maybe the gear box or clutch ? Everything works...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members