Search results

1. oldbutnotwise

Controversial Registration Letters

Similar, a local firm has caught the bug. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2830628/poo-number-plates-grant-henderson-50k/ I saw one of it's drain cleaners with Go02POO. :)
  2. oldbutnotwise

MK3 Leon niggles

A few things have started to niggle me now. Maybe just wear and tear, but are they an easy fix ? 1 / Boot release badge opens boot ok, but does not spring back flush with the boot . Is there a spring inside it , and if so, is it a diy job ? 2 / Fuel release flap won't open until I press...
  3. oldbutnotwise

Cambelt change interval?

My car is now 6 years and 84000 miles old, so I think maybe time for the timing belt to be changed ? Is the 1.4 tsi engine ( 2013 1.4 FR mk3 ) the one with water pump on a separate belt ? Garage wants me to change both at the same time . .
  4. oldbutnotwise

Leon tyre pressures?

A handy thing, as my 2013 1.4 FR had the optional 18" wheels with the same 225/40/R18 alloys, but the sticker only gives pressures for 16" and 17" alloys. :) I've always run them at 33psi
  5. oldbutnotwise

Condensation removal from tail light including removal.

I had the same issue with rear left cluster. Spent many times trying to silicon up the light, but the condensation still returned. Bought the replacement through amazon ( £94 at the time ). https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P59Y16K/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Just...
  6. oldbutnotwise

Timing Belt Replacement Interval

Would I be right in thinking there is no specific mileage for replacing the timing belt ( for 1.4 petrol ) ? As long as it is inspected every 30 000 miles ?
  7. oldbutnotwise

1.4 tsi oil leak

Not sure. By the time the car was ready ( they serviced it at the same time ) the undertrays were back on. .
  8. oldbutnotwise

Timing Belt Replacement Interval

Jeez, my 1.4fr is now at 82000 miles, and as far as I know, it's not been done. How much was it to get done please ?
  9. oldbutnotwise

1.4 tsi oil leak

Noticed oil on my driveway, so asked the local garage ( non seat ) to have a look. After reading up on here about oil issues, I expected it to be the sump plug, but garage says it's the sump itself that's leaking. Dealer part, which will be £235 supplied ( to local garage ) and fitted...
  10. oldbutnotwise

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I removed the rear outer light cluster to see if a bit of clear silicone could stop the small puddle forming inside it. Proceeded to add a small crack in the top left corner while trying to get those bl00dy ball in socket things out !! Silicone applied, but no surprise to see the...
  11. oldbutnotwise

Tyre pressure monitor

Did your sensor go off with 0.5psi reduction from when it was set ( like mine ) ?
  12. oldbutnotwise

Tyre pressure monitor

Warning tonight 5 miles into my 17 mile commute home. Boring slow 5 miles at that, between queuing traffic and 50mph average speed cameras on the M74/M73. Decided to carry on home at 60mph max, and checked the pressures there. Had been set at 35psi all round ( on 18's ), and...
  13. oldbutnotwise

Leon Alloy Wheel Thread

What's the full name of the group please ?
  14. oldbutnotwise

Leon Alloy Wheel Thread

I've got the factory 18" performance alloys ( I think that's what they're called ). Like to get them powder coated or whatever process gives that nice smoked chrome look.
  15. oldbutnotwise

Oil Change

I'm due a service now too, and bought Quantum Longlife 5w-30 for £21.93 delivered. Meets vw 504.00 and vw 507.00 . Even if not on long life service intervals, for that price it's as well getting it. IMHO...
  16. oldbutnotwise

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Well meaning work friend told me one of my reversing lights was not working, so spend a wee 20 minutes taking out the fitment, only to feel foolish when I realised there is only one reversing light . . . oops ! :whistle:
  17. oldbutnotwise

Leon SC FR 1.8 petrol DSG

Similarly, but in the opposite direction, I went for the 1.4 because it didn't feel slower on the road ( than 1.8 ), I wanted back to petrol instead of diesel, and it was only £30 per year for V.E.D. I average 51 mpg ( though not when enjoying a twisty road :) ) Not sure if that...
  18. oldbutnotwise

Leon 1.4 FR service question

Display beside Speedo had info popped up this morning saying service was due in 800 miles. Radio unit display says it's , an Inspection service due in 10100 miles or 126 days an oil change service due in 800 miles or 126 days I presume it's just an oil change then ? Is...
  19. oldbutnotwise

FR 18' wheels

+1 I live near Glasgow, and bought mine with 18's in Warrington. .
  20. oldbutnotwise

Performance Tyres

Anyone tried Uniroyal Rainsport 3's yet ? "A" rated for wet grip ( or whatever the wee symbol means ), and only £62 delivered ( for 225/40 R18's ) from mytyres . .