Search results

1. maciek.snow

59 Altea rear offside door won't lock

Its a common altea issue. No need to replace the locks, the thing is that you have 2 motors in the locker housing, one is responsible for opening nad the other for closing. The cure is to adjust the motor pins so that they have good contact. If you don't have 2 left arms ( a saying in Poland )...
  2. maciek.snow

MFD+ multi function display clock location offset

anyone ? i've done some more research and it looks that rns310 messes the clock display, when i disconnected the battery, all was good, before i turned the rns310 on. But still no luck on fixing it
  3. maciek.snow

Rear coilover height confusion

2 things might be wrong, are your springs second hand ? if so, the wear might be different ( had that in my altea with front coilover springs , one side had to be adjusted way more than the other. Left spring was in worse condition than the right side, so left side needed to be adjusted 2cm...
  4. maciek.snow

MFD+ multi function display clock location offset

Hi guys, Swapped my original MFD2 DX unit with an OEM Seat RNS310 unit. All of a sudden, the clock on MFD moved to the right, and is not fully displayed. Didnt happen with the MFD2 unit, nor without any unit. Is it a vcds coding issue or something else ? Picture attached TIA Maciek Wysłane...
  5. maciek.snow

Gearbox mount poly inserts

Remember that if you put the polibushes in the dogbone, it would be good to do that in the other 2 engine mount, or they will say bye in a short time. So either all or nothing. Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
  6. maciek.snow

TDI questions

Good that it doesn't throw any fault codes on you. And just to confirm. Does the car pull fine? Well you could either get the arm welded so that it doesnt move, or just fix it tight in an open position. Or you could do it the right way and attach the vacum hose to it and go to a tuner to enable...
  7. maciek.snow

TDI questions

A common tuner practice is : when deleting the egr valve is also switching off the shut down flap (its vacum steered as well) but its just being lazy. They should delete the egr and switch it off in the ecu, leaving the shut down flap enabled. For a softer engine shutdown procedure, and keeping...
  8. maciek.snow

TDI questions

Looks like someone used the tie to keep that flap (its inside the egr housing) in an open position. Does the motor shake a bit when turning ignition off? The EGR housing has 2 functions. There's a flap inside that steers if the engine is getting air or not (used for a soft ingition off). And the...
  9. maciek.snow

TDI questions

No worries. Its the EGR valve (exhaust gas recirculation - eco ****) seems that its blanked and if you're not getting a check engine fault, then its switched off in the ECU. Why do you think its broken?. Its blanked so the engine gets fed with "clean" air only Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy...
  10. maciek.snow

TDI questions

First thing to do. Get rid of that shitty air filter. Get o stock one. Everything besides that looks fine. Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
  11. maciek.snow

Passenger airbag sensor - how easy is it to get to?

I would try checking the airbag connection plug under the seat first. And cables under the carpet wuld lead you to the sensor. It might be a loose plug while adjusting the seat position. Its easy to get to it ; good luck Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
  12. maciek.snow

Overboost :(

Fair enouhg ;) just one more thing to confirm. Does it smoke a bit blue when starting it in the morning? This could mean the valve seals are bad. Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
  13. maciek.snow

Central Locking and Wing Mirror Fault

I would strongly recommend running a scan first. And then come back here with the codes or lookup the errors in google that people reported with an altea, leon or a golf mk5. Same thing. This approach helped me several times;) Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
  14. maciek.snow

Overboost :(

Piston rings can be changed from down below. You dont have to take the head out ;) But just one thing.Your pics do not display (cant see anything) How did you find that its the rings, what did you check ? Constant Overboost usualy blows the head gasket first. Correct me if im wrong, but ive...
  15. maciek.snow

FR vs TDi Sport Future Value

I would say petrol will be always more valuable than diesel. Maintanance and parts are more expensive in a diesel so the value drops. Fap/dpf, clutch etc Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
  16. maciek.snow

1.9TDI Leon (2006) Warm Weather Start Problem

Hi Jeff, it's either a starter issue or the injector seal issue. I would start with the Starter. The problem is that if it doesn't do a specified rpm upon startup, the quantity of fuel injected is insufficient for a successful start. If it's the injector seal issue (they wear sometimes). Some...
  17. maciek.snow

2004 Altea Rear Fog lamp fuse

Could be fuse 24 or 28 on the attached Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
  18. maciek.snow

2004 Altea Rear Fog lamp fuse

Whats your engine code buddy ? Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
  19. maciek.snow

altea XL roof rails --> Altea Std ?

Hi Klaus, thanks for the allegro link ;) ive seen it already;) rail lenght is not the issue. I would cut them anyways. So thats not a problem. + you can get the rails on allegro for about 25€ (seccond hand). I did sone reaserch since posting my question and i think ill go for it. 25€ is not such...
  20. maciek.snow

brembos for a diesel

All makes sense now @Pew. [emoji23] i was wondering for a while, why would he want to ask about stock discs thinking about a BBK [emoji14] Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka