Search results

1. Sat Nav failure

No - the radio works fine - but I don't think the sat nav uses the aerial in any case. As I say it must be electrical interference of some sort since it stops my phone and Garmin working in the vacinity - and they don't rely on anything in the car.
  2. Sat Nav failure

I should also clarify that the problem persists even with the ignition off - which does point to an alien body. However why aliens should be targetting only one of my vehicles is something of a mystery.
  3. Sat Nav failure

The built in sat nav on my 1.4 Ecotsi FR is lost. It doesn't appear to be the sat nav itself that is the problem - but something is interfering with the GPS signal. The reason I say that is that neither my phone nor my (freestanding) Garmin can get a fix either when near the Sat Nav. Any...
  4. Moving Auto Start-Stop button

Can't you get a (blank?) switch for one of the other spare slots and somehow put a meaningful graphic on it?
  5. What engine for New Seat Ibiza FR

Having tested a 1.2 Ibiza and hired a 1.2 Leon, I'm sure that the 1.2 engine will be perfectly adequate for most peoples needs. That said, the 1.4 feels much much faster and is far more effortless. As others have said the 1.4 surprises almost everyone with how fast it feels.
  6. Configurator and brochures are live

Obviously a matter of opinion, but ultimately it depends on whether you want to spend money making the car dynamically worse in the interests of making it, in your view, aesthetically better
  7. Configurator and brochures are live

It seems to an almost universal truth, acknowledged in many road tests, that going for the biggest wheels on offer is a bad idea dynamically - and yet I'd bet money that big wheels are one of the most popular options. But then I've never thought that high heels were a good idea dynamically...
  8. Configurator and brochures are live

If the new Ibiza is like the old one I'd avoid the bigger wheels - the 40 profile tyres spoil the ride a bit and are noiser for no advantage.
  9. Configurator and brochures are live

Just been on the Irish configurator. Have to say I find it odd that they feel the need to produce such a different standard spec and different options. Not all in their favour though, Sat Nav is a 900 euro extra on the FR + 130 euro for mapcare!
  10. Ibiza FR 17inch Tagus pressure retention

Slightly off-topic, I do a fair bit of cycling and my bike tyres (and those of others) do lose pressure pretty quickly - even though they are (in most cases) tubed tyres. Mine lose about 10psi a week. That may be related to the high pressures (typically 80psi+) small volume of air and/or valve...
  11. Ibiza FR 17inch Tagus pressure retention

I can't see how an indirect system can meet EU or American requirements (any tyre 25% low should give a warning) because - as you say - if all tyres lose pressure together you won't ever get a warning. That said I can't swear it is direct, and just having had a look at the valves, which are...
  12. Ibiza FR 17inch Tagus pressure retention

Interesting. I'm surprised my Ibiza would be different - but it has already triggered on both high and low pressure, when pressure differenitials hadn't changed so I've assumed it must be - and as I say I can't see how it would conform with EU (or American) regs.
  13. Configurator and brochures are live

You're right! 200ps it is.
  14. Configurator and brochures are live

All I can say is the VW uk is very clear it will be 192ps. See here...
  15. Configurator and brochures are live

Definately 192ps - its on the VW website.
  16. Configurator and brochures are live

The 2 litre Golf GTi engine detuned to 192ps
  17. What engine for New Seat Ibiza FR

He is just saying that if you drive fast in the 1.0 it may well use just as much fuel as the 1.5. He may well be right. The 1.5 has higher gearing and the extra torque may mean you do not have to rev the engine so much. Only if you drive relatively slowly will the 1.0 be more economical...
  18. Ibiza FR 17inch Tagus pressure retention

My TPMS systems (and all of those mandated after Nov14) actually measure the pressure. One (pre Nov 14 car) fits on the valve and displays pressure (and temperature) in the car. The other is on the car (2016 FR Ibiza) and again measures over or under pressure (but in that case doesn't...
  19. Ibiza FR 17inch Tagus pressure retention

I think you will find that your tyres are filled with 78% nitrogen:rifle: But to answer your question, both my cars have tyre pressure monitors and it takes several months to lose even a pound. It could be your valves - or perhaps you are just losing some pressure when you check?
  20. Configurator and brochures are live

There's apparently not going to be a Cupra according to one of the mags. But as you say no electric rear windows as an option even is bizarre.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members